• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Muscle Mecca: Does Your Parents support your bodybuilding life style

yair2210

yair2210

i hope everything works out for you man.... i think you sould have a talk with your famely and explain them tha sport and so on...wish you the best.
(sorry for my english)

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:iorofl:

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
heavyweght, much respect bro. I gained about that much weight in a short period like you did, and buddy, my parents thought I was gonna die lol. But now that I've cut down a lot, I think they have realized that it's possible to willingly cut and bulk. What they dont understand is that doing this is fun. But my dad has always worked out, so he supports, my whole family supports..they wouldn't support some of the stuff I've taken , but i can keep that on the dl, because they wouldn't understand that lol

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

heavyweght, much respect bro. I gained about that much weight in a short period like you did, and buddy, my parents thought I was gonna die lol. But now that I've cut down a lot, I think they have realized that it's possible to willingly cut and bulk. What they dont understand is that doing this is fun. But my dad has always worked out, so he supports, my whole family supports..they wouldn't support some of the stuff I've taken , but i can keep that on the dl, because they wouldn't understand that lol
You know man in Italy most people believe you're big it's cause you take roids.Not cause you eat shitload of foods, work out till you almost throw up, wake up early to eat, go to sleep early, skip parties or clubbing cause you have to rest or to work out, they don't know shit about the sacrifice this sport takes.And I do realize how healthy this sport is cause when I go in places like shopping malls like today and I see the 80% of peole are fatty or skinny and with no muscular shape, smoke, eat junk, drink, and look at me like I'm freak when I ain't that big, well I fee lucky.This sport makes me happy, enhanced my patience, my respect for myself, but people see just a big guy with a not so nice face, nothing else.
Also the talk on roids is just prejudice, people say ROIDS WILL KILL YA!! How many people died from cigarettes or alcohol abuse?How many people died of roids? Surely cigarettes and jack daniels killed more people and destroyed more families then roids.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Father...yes

Mother...not really

203MH

Neither of my parents understand it... between my eating and training - I DO enjoy loosening up now and than but I don't go overboard... it's pretty much chicken and turkey breast almost everyday and they're heavy into working out or dieting - people look at me funny wether it be "OMG u can cheat you know" or "I don't understand why you eat so healthy you burn it off anyway"

I feel like this girl I been seing on/off for a couple years is the only one who understands my training and diet, I get poked at quite a bit, the other day my friend said 'I would say lets go to the cheesecake factory but thats too many calories for you'
- Yes I do miss out on ALOT wether it be parties, going to specific places to eat, etc.

I'm hopin I get lucky like Jay Cutler and have a wife who understands any and everything I have to go through

8thWonder

8thWonder

Everyone around me seems to think I'ma drop dead to the floor because I'm eating whey protein. Sigh, stupid people

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whats a Mum?

(I know what it is, just weird seeing it written like that)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whats a Mum?

(I know what it is, just weird seeing it written like that)

American's complaining about proper spelling :bowroflarms:

Colour, neighbour, neighbourhood, that cute proclivity to put a "z" in every word that should have an "s": yep American's sure know their English language :rofl3:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn! And I thought I was the only one who gets negative reactions from my parents. It seems like we all do!

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Colour, neighbour, neighbourhood, that cute proclivity to put a "z" in every word that should have an "s": yep American's sure know their English language :rofl3:

boyz_n_the_hood-1.jpg

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Well, english shouldn't be with a capital 'e' here :icon_ninja:

H

Hane

My family rather have me infront of the TV and running instead of hitting the gym hard and heavy.
They think Im to big already and they're afraid that I'll do roids in a very near future.
Same goes with my friends but they dont wanna meet up anymore since they're all about loads of alcohol.

Thou my GF and two friends are postivie about this and supporting me on my way to the stage.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My family is behind me 100%. My mom and stepdad saw me compete at my first show and was very impressed. They realised that it was very hard work just to stand on that stage and pose.

Specially my dad has supported me alot during my diets and would often come by with eggwhites, red meat and what not during my first diet. If I'm dieting and I come to visit them they always make sure they have food that I can eat. A few out from my latest contest I showed him my wheels and he was so impressed that he ran out to grab his camera to take a few shots of me.