• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

muscleboy schedule

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I didn't do that specific routine but I did the advanced 5x5 (http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Periodized_5x5.htm) and added 20-30kg to all of my lifts and altered my body composition from a slightly overweight 90kg to more muscular 90kg (with shitloads of cardio included). The 5x5 rep range is a proven rep-range and you will find a fair few programs based on it if you look. I squatted 3 days a week and didn't die, I only lifted weights 3 days a week and I didn't lose muscle. If you keep your diet big right I can only see good things happening, as long as you keep to the plan. If you do extra workouts on your rest days you will only over train.

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

I didn't do that specific routine but I did the advanced 5x5 (http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Periodized_5x5.htm) and added 20-30kg to all of my lifts and altered my body composition from a slightly overweight 90kg to more muscular 90kg (with shitloads of cardio included). The 5x5 rep range is a proven rep-range and you will find a fair few programs based on it if you look. I squatted 3 days a week and didn't die, I only lifted weights 3 days a week and I didn't lose muscle. If you keep your diet big right I can only see good things happening, as long as you keep to the plan. If you do extra workouts on your rest days you will only over train.

:thumbsup2:

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

anybody else who would like to post their results from this routine?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Philosopher has done the intermediate version a couple of times I know. Not everybody here likes full-body routines like that but most of the guys on here are at more advanced stages of their training. For you as a beginner this would be the optimal style of training and you will be pushing out PBs and adding size constantly.

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

hopefully i will break away from my platue.

i think i spelled it right?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Plateau

...but close. :xyxthumbs:

One other important question: how deep do you squat?

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

since im too small i go outside the rack and go as low as i can without loosing balance.

and when i go up i dont lock out my knees so that i can feel a good burn in my quads

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
since im too small i go outside the rack and go as low as i can without loosing balance.

and when i go up i dont lock out my knees so that i can feel a good burn in my quads

You should be doing this...

Nevermind the burn in your quads, you want the full ROM.

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

that video is no longer available.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
muscleboy88

muscleboy88

so none of that crap about locking your knees is bad?

btw the guy has a good squat.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Don't forcefully lock them out but you should be able to stand up straight under the bar.

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

hey bro how much people from this board live in uk

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I have no idea actually... maybe 5 or 6? Possibly more. But don't ge the wrong idea, I ain't English, I'm an Aussie mate! :xyxthumbs:

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

since when have you been training?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
since when have you been training?

I started when I was 15, but it was on and off a bit until I was about 22-3. I've been ultra-serious about it since then and have added over 20kg to my frame. I just recently turned my full attention to powerlifting and I'm hoping to compete sometime this year.

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

do powerlifters really care about definition?

or just plain focus on getting stronger

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
do powerlifters really care about definition?

or just plain focus on getting stronger

I think its more of a personal preference for somw. The main focus is on strength, that's what the game's all about but you will occasionally find some fairly ripped powerlifters out there, Matt Kroc for example.
image002-1.jpg

Most of the bigger guys however, don't give a flying fuck about definition and gorge themselves to get heavier and therefore stronger.

muscleboy88

muscleboy88

how about you are you just ganna gorge yourself?