• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Mr.Olympia 2008 Night Show Discussion.

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Did the posts etc for this years thread beat last years?

C

curls4girls

Wow, i hadn't been on this site in a while: The Olympia always gets me viewing again... imo, Dex has been the most consistent competitor going back several years. I'm glad he was finally got the big one. Congrats to him.:xyxthumbs:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Are there seriously complaints against Dexter? This is absurd. This is the best decision the IFBB has made since I've started following bodybuilding. I can't believe people are ignorant enough to question why Dex won over Phil. I thought it was rather obvious.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Would love to see Cutler being announced 2nd. Could anyone post the clip?

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
WHY NOT PHIL
WHY
WHO
DEXTER
NO CALVES
PHIL IS COMPLETE

take a lot at phillip's chest and tell me he's complete.......also his back needs a little work

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Are there seriously complaints against Dexter? This is absurd. This is the best decision the IFBB has made since I've started following bodybuilding. I can't believe people are ignorant enough to question why Dex won over Phil. I thought it was rather obvious.

the best way to truely explain it is that ppl are dick riders..............:jerkoff1:

Cutler

Cutler

I`m so tired of all this bullshit!!....Dexter looked like he always doe`s...witch is great...But there i no way in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....he can beat Jay Cutler or Phil Heath!!!!!!!!

I hate this sport!

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I`m so tired of all this bullshit!!....Dexter looked like he always doe`s...witch is great...But there i no way in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....he can beat Jay Cutler or Phil Heath!!!!!!!!

I hate this sport!

it was very clear even at pre judging cutler wasn;t his best and was behind.
im happy that dexter won, i would of been very upset and anrgy if jay won looking how he did,
yeah he did change alot for the night show but it was to late all over

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
*facepalm*

:dunnodude:
I was right because I said "they" would never give it to Phil...

If Jay had won as wrong as it would have been BUT one could have still argued that Judges preferred Size over Aesthetics... NOW
Now
NOW WTF
NOW

what was the criterian for putting Dexter before Phil ???? :ranter:

Aesthetics > Phil was wwwwwhhhaaaayyyy more aesthetic than Dexter
Conditioning > They were both equally well prepared
Size > Phil looks bigger than Dester no matter which angle you look at

Again if the Judges did prefer Aesthetics over Size than WHY THE F**CK DID PHIL HEATH NOT WIN?:dunnodude:

2008 mr olympia 46

Img 95411222500692

Last edited by a moderator:
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
:dunnodude:
I was right because I said "they" would never give it to Phil...

If Jay had won as wrong as it would have been BUT one could have still argued that Judges preferred Size over Aesthetics... NOW
Now
NOW WTF
NOW

what was the criterian for putting Dexter before Phil ???? :ranter:

Aesthetics > Phil was wwwwwhhhaaaayyyy more aesthetic than Dexter
Conditioning > They were both equally well prepared
Size > Phil looks bigger than Dester no matter which angle you look at

Again if the Judges did prefer Aesthetics over Size than WHY THE F**CK DID PHIL HEATH NOT WIN?:dunnodude:
I've posted several times last night that I'd have an essay on the subject up later today. Why are you so up in arms about the judges giving Dexter the Olympia? You're completely over simplifying the differences in their physiques and breaking it down to criterion that's not even used. Please try to articulate your points better and not just post the same asinine reasoning ad nauseam.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've posted several times last night that I'd have an essay on the subject up later today. Why are you so up in arms about the judges giving Dexter the Olympia? You're completely over simplifying the differences in their physiques and breaking it down to criterion that's not even used. Please try to articulate your points better and not just post the same asinine reasoning ad nauseam.

This is what Milos had to say:

Dexter first, second and third:

I usually don't PUBLICLY predict the winner(s) or say who I believe should win coming into the final round of any particular contest...respecting the fact that things could change in the "mean time"...but this time I will say this: (And to clarify right away: My opinion is based this time ONLY according to photos and video report that I have seen so far...as this is the first Olympia in a looooooong time that I didn't attend... [or overall - third Mr. Olympia since the 1988 in Los Angeles (3 out of 21 - not bad, I guess]

Dexter Jackson is so superior to the rest of the lineup - he should take first, second and third place automatically...and let judges decide about the rest...

I must admit that Phill Heath is ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR and certainly I would put him clearly as the second place finisher {and if he does win - I would have NO complains... For the time being I will NOT elaborate WHY I do think Dexter is so superior to Phill (and others) as it would take me forever...Again, I want to emphasize that my judgment is based on judging EVERY ASPECT that should be considered in OVERALL assessment of the BEST physique in the world!}

And considering EACH and EVERY aspect of judging that SHOULD be implemented and (more importantly) enforced in professional bodybuilding competitions in leading Federation of the world...yesterday - Jay Cutler should loose his title and Dex and Phil should be no1 and no2...

And I hope I am showing no disrespect to others (as many are my personal friends or at least acquaintances ...) but I am just calling it as I see it...

Dennis WOLF - is certainly one of my top favorites - and I believe and hope he will have that title - sooner rather than later...But, he failed to bring absolutely the very best package - so while he is better than Dex in some aspects - he still looses in the Overall assessment...

Phill Heath - also...In some aspects THE VERY BEST bodybuilder on Earth...or Universe for that matter...but still needs "just a little bit more...of something..."

Just like Johnnie Jackson (for example)...who is someone that IMHO could really do the major damage with just slight improvements to certain areas of his body (again - I am talking by considering EVERY ASPECT OF JUDGING - and Johnnie is the best example where not the absolute "monster" /as we consider "mass freaks"/ actually outmuscles just about every "freak" in direct comparison...while still maintaining symmetrical, aesthetically pleasing and shapely body...

Same goes for Melvin Anthony...who in my opinion FOR YEEEAAAARRRRSSSS fails to deliver the very best package - which WOULD (as I share the opinion of many experts in his case) be very hard to beat...considering his shape, structure, V-taper, genetics and "ability to look great even though he cheats on his diet" - which is somehow "allowed" by his trainer, his "friends/competitors" (who certainly love to tell him that he looks great anyway, so why bother being strict when he looks THAT GOOD...As Melvin told me so many times with the biggest smile on his face: "Milos, you like how I look on that photo? Well, let me tell you the truth now (as show is over) - I had a hot dog and a chocolate cake...and I was still in shape - HA - in your face bro...."

"Well, Melvin - IMAGINE how you would look if you DIDN'T have 25 hot dogs and 14 pieces of cake per week (not to mention cookies, chips, probably fried pork skin and triple layered "lard burrito" washed down with extra sugary Cool Aid...
Thank God Melvin that you park your car behind the gym - so you have to walk at least 300 yards (which takes you 10 minutes to "speed walk" or jog...as I hope you would not say - you are actually running or sprinting?)..."

OK, OK...I don't need to go down the list as we can all make argument for just about EVERY Olympia competitor - as contrary to beliefs of many judges and officials - I believe that EVERY SINGLE OLYMPIA COMPETITOR has a legitimate chance to WIN the show - IF judging criteria is clearly established, defined and than ENFORCED.

Every single competitor that makes the Olympia is ELITE professional - and therefore capable of dethroning the champion (and speaking of that I really can't make myself more clear than what I did in my last year's Olympia interview - when I said that 2006 champ - should NOT make 2007 Olympia posedown...and looking at pics this year I will state the same: If I was a judge and if I am considering what judging should be ALL ABOUT...or better yet - what BODYBUILDING should be all about...or - what bodybuilding competitor - THE VERY BEST bodybuilder in the world /as Mr. Olympia crown should be representing/ - I see AT LEAST 6 bodybuilders BETTER than the last years champ...And I know that some people would be offended with this kind of statement - but AS ALWAYS, contrary to others - I am not afraid to speak the truth...while others, even though THINKING EXACTLY THE SAME - would prefer to be politically correct - and stay out of it...And one more thing - I really like Jay as a person and I greatly respect his work ethics and accomplishments. I take my hat off and praise him - every time I see him...On top of everything - he is a true gentleman - so speaking in any way against him - is the very hard thing to do...Very unpleasant indeed...but - should I (or anyone else?) feel offended/hurt/insulted if he (or anyone) simply tells me that he prefers physique of someone else over mine?...

Anyway, to get back to the subject - I do believe we will have NEW CHAMP today...and I hope they will give it to deserving physique (which happens to be IMHO - Dexter's physique...with Phil being close second THIS TIME AROUND...)

OK - I am stating this BEFORE the finals - and for granted - 24 hours is a LOOOOONG TIME and many guys could improve over night...I certainly hope Wolfy gets better - and IF he does...SKY IS A LIMIT...He could turn everything around and secure 5 points in 3rd and 4th round - which COULD BE just enough to push him all the way up...but that is a long shot...
I would love to see Dexter and Phil as the last two man standing...but I have a feeling judges will have Jay above Phil - as they are mutual friends and Phil would be gentleman and allow Jay to beat him - as he is young and has plenty of time...while Jay is announcing retirement...

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
HEY BRO EASY
WIN JAY OR DEXTER
IS THE SAME THING!!
MUSCLE TECH AND WEIDER CIRCUS
MADE THE RULES FOREVER!

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!
CRITERIA : MUSCLETECH'S MAFIA WINS ONCE AGAIN BRO
MY PLACES GOES TO
PHIL
DEXTER
WOLF
FREEMAN
JAY

2008mrolympia46yx9-1.jpg

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
take a lot at phillip's chest and tell me he's complete.......also his back needs a little work
ALL THE ATHLETES
CANNOT HAVE SQUARED CHEST
AS SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS
THE VARIETY DOES PHIL "THE GIFT" HEATH
BACK : SERIOUSLY IT
LOOKS AT THE PHOTOS ONCE AGAIN

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
HEY COACH! DEX WAS BETTER THAN PHIL. TAKE IT AS IT IS. PHIL WILL HAVE HIS O. BUT THIS YEAR WAS NOT. HE SHOULD HAVE GOT 2ND HOWEVER.

EDIT: Sorry for using caps, i was looking at COACH's posts so much :hsughr:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
why bro hahaha.. you love dex I love phil!! ..:gaygay:
I'm a huge Phil fan as well, I just think Dex was the better man that night. I was just getting a bit tired of the whole Muscletech mafia thing. :tiphat: