• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

peanut butter for cutting/dieting

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You may have me on that one.. But I just said Can.. It's kinda like that SOY protein tale as well.. Great post!

allstar

allstar

Yeah, its all good. I get what your saying, there is the possibility of the "can" depending on the amount you take.

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I love PB in a cutting diet. I am always hungry right before bed...even with a meal a hour prior and a protein shake. So a couple tablespoons of peanut butter (basically a mouthful) is a great appetite suppressant IMO. I love it. I eat regular reduced fat with Omega 3

allstar

allstar

nothing better than a mouthful of PB

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I love PB in a cutting diet. I am always hungry right before bed...even with a meal a hour prior and a protein shake. So a couple tablespoons of peanut butter (basically a mouthful) is a great appetite suppressant IMO. I love it. I eat regular reduced fat with Omega 3

exactly. that's the only reason i used it. i figured it to be more beneficial to my diet to get a full nights sleep rather than wake up several times because i'm hungry. 1 tbl spoon suppresses it pretty well.

allstar

allstar

Healthy fats just slow down/are slow digesting, so it is good to carry you over the night, just like casein protien.

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

i hate eating natural PB!!

it always amazes me how much i realize im the only one who doesnt like eating it...sigh.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow this became a very informative thread! thanx for all the info guys! YMJ and ALL-star provided some good reads!! keep it up guys!!

Gonna buy some fish oil soon and use pb as a late night snack!

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
all good posts!

I agree, it's essential in any dietry. In addition, i'd recommend you steer away from high fat intakes during re-feeds, PB included. I've seen many people re-feed using donuts, pizza's, etc. when dietary fat has 0 effect on leptin levels.

Good luck!

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
all good posts!

I agree, it's essential in any dietry. In addition, i'd recommend you steer away from high fat intakes during re-feeds, PB included. I've seen many people re-feed using donuts, pizza's, etc. when dietary fat has 0 effect on leptin levels.

Good luck!

I agree with that, but an effect on leptin is not that important. True leptin is triggered by a rise in insulin, but also from your stomach stretching. This would be harder with just a fat and protein meal, however. When I did the Anabolic Diet I was never full just reached the point of satiety. But leptin levels are not of importance unless you do not have the will power to overcome hunger, and if your dieting then that will be your downfall.

KM your one smart bastard, seriously, you should be in college right now. Screw high school, your too advanced for that. :tiphat:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ so true :)

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ANPB is amazing. I eat 2 tbsp everyday with some brown rice and I've had no problems losing weight. It's gtg in my book.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ u mix the pb in the rice?should tase good :)

i eat 2 egg yolks every morning...but after that i dont have any other fats that isnt fish oil pills or some pb occasionaly

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with that, but an effect on leptin is not that important. True leptin is triggered by a rise in insulin, but also from your stomach stretching. This would be harder with just a fat and protein meal, however. When I did the Anabolic Diet I was never full just reached the point of satiety. But leptin levels are not of importance unless you do not have the will power to overcome hunger, and if your dieting then that will be your downfall.

KM your one smart bastard, seriously, you should be in college right now. Screw high school, your too advanced for that. :tiphat:

Appreciate the comments bro, means a lot.

First, i disagree. Leptin is a hormone that is absolutely responsible for the quality of one's cut.

But I also agree with your comments and POV, though it does depend on body composition as well as current bf%. One with lower body fat leptin levels drop quicker in spare of bf. Common sense, as one decreases their bodyfat...it counter effects re-feed frequency

For the average person, apettite is a concern, especially when in a caloric deficit; decreased leptin is responsible for that. Resynthesizing letpin will refrain from protein breakdown, hypoglycemia, satiety control, etc. That's Imo why it's necessary.

Again, just a difference in opinons...just mine was based for the general public and average trainer, not just an experienced competitive bodybuilder like yourself. Way too many variables :)

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Appreciate the comments bro, means a lot.

First, i disagree. Leptin is a hormone that is absolutely responsible for the quality of one's cut.

But I also agree with your comments and POV, though it does depend on body composition as well as current bf%. One with lower body fat leptin levels drop quicker in spare of bf. Common sense, as one decreases their bodyfat...it counter effects re-feed frequency

For the average person, apettite is a concern, especially when in a caloric deficit; decreased leptin is responsible for that. Resynthesizing letpin will refrain from protein breakdown, hypoglycemia, satiety control, etc. That's Imo why it's necessary.

Again, just a difference in opinons...just mine was based for the general public and average trainer, not just an experienced competitive bodybuilder like yourself. Way too many variables :)

np bro, I see you doing great things in the future. Your intelligence at your age definitely signifies a genius. I am expecting to see you making break through discoveries that change man kind or else I will come beat you :coolguy:

I see your point in that, but then again it matters how much bf the person has. If someone is obese or holding a lot of fat their Hypothalamus is usually not responsive to leptin. So as you too many variable, but I think you make a very good argument and I took this from a bodybuilders perspective. If I was thinking as you said "based on the general public and an average trainer" I would say you are right one, as usual. :tiphat:

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
np bro, I see you doing great things in the future. Your intelligence at your age definitely signifies a genius. I am expecting to see you making break through discoveries that change man kind or else I will come beat you :coolguy:

I dare you! haha...thanks for the support and encouragement! I'll be the first to say that I have so much I need to learn and without a doubt, I plan to go into this profession (like yours for ex, degree wise). Appreciate it Blakey, maybe one day I'll get to where you're at :xyxthumbs:
I see your point in that, but then again it matters how much bf the person has. If someone is obese or holding a lot of fat their Hypothalamus is usually not responsive to leptin. So as you too many variable, but I think you make a very good argument and I took this from a bodybuilders perspective. If I was thinking as you said "based on the general public and an average trainer" I would say you are right one, as usual. :tiphat:

For sure. Yep. By this post I can see we have the same idea, just some miscommunication.

People who are obese or chronically overweight in addition have poor insulin sensitivity and receptivity, so neurologically as well metabolically would need to have an extended refeed, which would eventually cause a higher ratio of "spill"...making it ineffective.

So the leaner you are, the more frequent you refeed. Agreed?

Just adding to it :) haha.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ lulzers....

Eggs are good for fats....but im tired of hearing that too many eggyolks can raise your bloodpressure....this coming from people downing 5 doublewhoopers in a week and bingedrinking....gosh...