• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

People That Should Have Been Mr.Olympia

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I posted a long analysis dealing with that competition and the shape/mass paradox and came to the logical conclusion that the only winner outside of Ronnie would have been Victor. I'm too lazy to dig that up now.

In any event, I feel his pick for Levrone winning in 2000 was unrealistic due to how far and beyond Ronnie was in terms of back and leg development.

I also disagree with my 2000 choice :keke:

That one was more personal choice then ANY of them, in all reality Ronnie obviously had that one won, I had to throw at least one personal choice out there though :e5dunno:

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm not going to pick based off of what year they should have won, but some of the best all time bodybuilders who for one reason or another never got the sandow in my opinion are Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler, Kevin Levrone, Vic Richards (I know, but he had everything), Chris Cormier (maybe still be competing but obviously no longer has a chance), Lou Ferrigno, Mike Mentzer and Gary Strydom (again, still around but obviously long since done with Olympia dreams). There are other greats to be sure, but all of those guys looked amazing in their heydays and had builds that compare to winners of the Mr. O, I am not going to argue Strydoms back, I am not saying he should have beat Haney, just saying he had an amazing build.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
These are just my opinion, so don't you bitches get offended :keke:

1977 - Robby Robinson
1978 - Robby Robinson
1979 - Mike Mentzer
1980 - Mike Mentzer (he was absolutely robbed this year)
1981 - Tom Platz (Colombu looked awful :no: ,)
1986 - Rich Gaspari - ripped glutes, c'mon
1990 - Lee Labrada, robbed again
1993 - Flex Wheeler
1997 - Nasser
1999 - Flex Wheeler
2000 - Kevin Levrone
2006 - Ronnie Coleman
2007 - Victor Martinez

That is the best way to reply to the TS post..:xyxthumbs:

Savjav

Savjav

If you take away who they were up against and look at their physiques on their own merits then yes - Shaun Ray et al should have won - everyone goes on about how good Ray and Flex looked in 93 but it was arguably the year Dorian showed up in his best ever shape aswell.

However the point is pretty moot really to not put it into context of who they were up against as arguably all of the current BBrs would be Mr 'O' if you compare them to Mr O's of old so you can't really argue the point otherwise than in the context of who they were competing against at the time and just feel narked that they were just in the wrong era! :)

LOL rocky are u drunk?

Savjav

Savjav

oh and 1983 bertil fox... dont hate :(

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
However the point is pretty moot really to not put it into context of who they were up against as arguably all of the current BBrs would be Mr 'O' if you compare them to Mr O's of old so you can't really argue the point otherwise than in the context of who they were competing against at the time and just feel narked that they were just in the wrong era! :)

That's one hell of a long sentence!

But I fully agree with your sentiments :tiphat:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i wish big ron coleman had been mr o atleast once before he died

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Ruhlforever

Mike Metzer 1980, Flex Wheeler; Nasser El Sonbaty 1996 and 1997 editions, Kevin Levrone in 2002, Harold Poole

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm gonna say Mohammed Makawwy.

G

Gabrielsimm

Victor and Dextes was stop by King Ron nobady can t beat the king it was imposibil :xyxthumbs:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dang this is a toughy lol

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Are we basing out votes on physique simply or posing as well? If it's both, Dillet certainly would not have won. He could hold a pose for 1/18 of a second and even after that, he would come off the stage winded, just from posing.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Are we basing out votes on physique simply or posing as well?
Everything counts and this is why Dillet didn't deserve it. He was almost there but not good enough. He had the size and conditioning but he was lacking especially from back and posing.