• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Contest Prep- OCB Midatlantic Classic

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Layne knows his stuff, and I totally trust him. But I also know my body pretty well, and a lot of times when he tells me to change something, I have already had the idea to do so. So I have a feeling hes going to lower my carbs a tad :) We'll see.

I really can't remember what I looked like exactly last Tuesday. And honestly, all my hair is shaved off me right now, so I look a lot better because of that alone. I had so much hair on my legs, that it was hard to tell where I was at conditioning wise. Good question though. Its always good to put it in perspective of JUST the mirror, rather then the scale.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah man, in fact judges wouldn't see you on the top of the scale... looking 4ward for pics!

Cork

Cork

So how is everything going, Pete? The show I was going to do was canceled so I have to do a show in Baltimore a week later. Which one was it that you had your eye on, was it the Charm City Classic? If so, I'll see you there!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys, Little update. I had my show a week ago, and it went pretty well. The 4 weeks after my first contest I stuck to my diet, training, cardio etc. I lost an additional 4 pounds, and def brought in a tighter package to the stage. I feel like I peaked just as well for the second competition. So overall, I brought a similar package to the stage, just a bit tighter!

The show was the NABBA Novice Grand Prix. It was an untested show, and man did it show!! There were only 25 men competing in the show, but i'd say almost all of them were taking something save for a few. I heard them all talking about their cycles and all, but it didnt really bother me. I KNEW I was going into the show that was untested, so im not going to bitch and moan about it. It's like playing on a baseball team without a baseball glove! lol. Maybe not the best example, but I think you guys get the point.

I placed 1st in my Novice class, 3rd in the Junior Division (16-23 year olds), and 4th in the Men's open.

Junior Class: 10 competitors. The guy that placed second was probably around 5'8, good structure, balance, color, and similar to same conditioning as me. he said he dieted 2-3 weeks for the show!! I couldnt believe it. He says he stays lean all year round. I can't understand how you can stay that close to contest shape all year round and still make gains, but he manages to do it! The guy that placed 1st was 20 years old, around 220 pounds. I was def tighter then he was by a good amount, but this org really gives the upperhand to bigger guys. I knew that, so i wasnt too surprised in his placing. The guy that placed second probably had a better combo of everything, but size just overwhelms the judges in NABBA. oh well.

Novice Class: I actually got put in the short class because there were only 2 short competitors (probably around 5'7-5'10), but there were about 8 other competitors in the tall class. I was measured at 6 foot even, but I was still the shortest in the tall class! A lot of the tall guys were 6'1 and 6'2! lots of tall guys for sure! So I beat out the two shorter competitors in the Novice short class and won my first first place trophy... Didn't really feel too thrilled about it, because the guys I beat werent great. Still, I got to pose in the Overall for the Novice Class. The tall Novice winner was the gigantic 20 year old again! He beat me of course, but it was still a lot of fun posing in the posedown!! :)

Open Tall: Guys that beat me were the 20 year old again, who placed 2nd in this class, and two older guys. The guy that won the class was very complete, and actually somewhat old. I think in his mid 40's? He ended up winning the whole show. The guy that placed second was an ANGRY looking dude who had a bald head, and tatoos all over. Even on his head! He was in his early 30's and had been training for a while. Good physique, but needed better conditioning!

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Congrats Pete...you did very well

Damn, look at that hammy drop from the side!