• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Contest Prep- OCB Midatlantic Classic

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
More :) Sorry if these are a little blurry!

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 81
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Two more pics here

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 87
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have to hit the gym to hit legs then do some cardio now!! Gotta get even tighter for my next show!!

I'll post some more pics soon!

Cork

Cork

Woohoo PETE!!! Seems like the only thing you lost to is size. Your conditioning is fantastic. With 4 weeks to go, I can't imagine how much leaner you'll look.

You are motivating the hell out of me right now. My October show, I might be up against some of those guys. Now I have to beat them too, haha.

Oh, also, looks like that carb up worked pretty well. You look pretty full.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
pete u looked awesome, and u did very well to get 3rd in that lineup! in 4 weeks youll be a whole new level of shredded, Hopefully the best conditioned on stage

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The guy that got 1st place in that class had better conditioning, and just an overall bigger combo of size. The guy that got 2nd place was a little softer I think, but yea MUCH bigger. I could tell back stage all his bodyparts were bigger. If I can bring it in even tighter, I feel like guys that are bigger then me will look like dough boys and I'll have to get the nod ahead of them. The conditioning was good, but not good enough to have that affect. I'll make sure I have that in my arsenal for my 2nd show!

I dont have any pics from the Novice prejudging,but I have them all on video! Unfortunately it wont upload on my computer, but im going to work on that. Thanks again guys!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You looked good man, congrats on the placing, now kill them in 4 weeks!!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You looked more lean tha I would expect! Great job! BTW: how did that guy in the yellow trunks place? Huge chest!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PV: Thanks man, I'm not letting ANYTHING get to my head. I feel great, and very accomplished, but I still have work ahead of me. 4 weeks baby!!! I'm ready to kill this! I want GOLD!

MVSF1: Honestly, I was getting leaner the entire peak week, and I really peaked well the day of the show. I felt hard, full, and still dry. No water retention or anything. I felt great. I'm ready to peak the same way in 4 weeks. For now, the goal is to keep losing the fat!

Cork: I was wondering when these pics were going to go up! I can't wait to look through them. I was staring at the photographer a few times cause I knew I would get some good pics out of the prejudging. He was right in front of me the whole time, so it was easy! haha Thanks for posting the link! Hope your prep is going well bro!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great show man! Congratulations! Very good conditioning. Good luk with the next one.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Your posing couldve been a bit better. In the BDB it seems like you were raising your scapula a lot which brings out your serratus and teres major and is good when expanding your sternum during FDB but i think you couldve lowered your scapula a bit and contracted your lats a bit more... Also you could use more color and a lil more oil so make your muscles pop. The pics you posted are very small but in the link cork posted you look waaaaay more in shape then the guys next to you, your legs are really hard but the other dudes have better color and shine, imagine how you would look with that kind of color polish. You look awesome, your legs are great. Your side chest is killer, great shape and hamstring seperation. IMO the guy who got 1st was either fuller and/or bigger but you have a much better flowing structures from your hips, waist and shoulder ratio. Congrats!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pete so glad to here you did well! Your pics look great and can't wait for results of the next show.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
DM: THANK YOU for real criticism!! Sorry the pics I posted were so small. They are MUCH bigger on my computer, and too big to upload, so i scaled them down using paint. I'll scale them not so small next time to try to find a happy medium.

I couldn't agree with you more. I used the tanner Layne advised, and I had a good base tan (im naturally pretty tan), but I agree I could have been darker. Also, I put in baby oil to the mixture, but it just wasn't enough. I think I'm going to go with a Jan Tana product, and use a bit of pam for the next show. It's always good to try new things to see what works best.
Your right about the BDB, I'm going to work on contracting my lower lats a bit more, I think all I have to do is lower my arms just a bit and lean back a bit more. I KNOW I have lower lats, but the way I'm hitting that shot isn't showing it. Which isn't good because my back is a weakness, I don't want to make it worse with off posing.

I really do think I was in better shape then most the people in my classes, and that was one of my strengths for sure. The guy that beat me had similar conditioning, maybe a little softer, but his upperbody over powered me. That's going to take some time in the gym for me. I'm def going to prioritize my chest and back training come offseason time.

Robertinho: Thanks man! I really did my best to show off my conditioning with the posing on stage. I can't wait for the next one in a month! I'll be posting more pics every saturday, so stay tuned!

TC: Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it. Any posing advice from the pictures would be much appreciated. Cork posted a link to the pics that were taken from the show. I was in the Novice 2nd class, and Open 3rd Class (Tall classes). Looking forward to seeing pics from your show!! in 5 weeks correct?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
lol yeah i was about to say "try pam cooking spray" lol... But yeah as i said, looks like your doing a fdb during the rdb, lowering your arms and scapula may bring out the detail in the middle and lower part of your back.

Wha will u do on the way to your next show, diet wise? will u continue dieting the same for the duration?

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For the next few weeks I'm right back on my diet, cardio and lifting. My macros didn't change pre peak week. I have a feeling the carbs are going to have to drop at least once before the next show, but im totally fine with that. I want to get shredded, so I'll do whatever it takes!

Tonight is my rest day, so I'll be doing some HIIT cardio :)

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Cool, i hope everything works out great. Wish you the best!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks DM!
MVSF1: No rest for the weary!!!

So little update. Status: A bit frustrated!!

my weight last Tuesday was 184.8, This Tuesday since I'm e-mailed Layne because I'm back on track to giving him updates on Tuesdays and Saturdays for possible changes in my diet and cardio program. My weight this Tuesday was 182.8! I was stoked! I thought I had lost 2 pounds in the week, but I was wrong...

After my Saturday Night post Show meal, I depleted (under Layne's orders) my carbs and fats significantly to offset the big meal on Saturday night (which was absolutely delicious btw).

This resulted in a semi depleted state on Monday and Tuesday apparently, which gave me false hopes of my 2 pound weight loss :(

Wednesday morning, my weight was up a half a pound, and this morning my weight was back to Last Tuesday's weight of 184.8! Bahhhhhhh

I still feel very lean, and by no means have I gained any fat, but I want to keep losing fat, not maintaining!!! I don't want to waste any days maintaining!! I want to lose fat nice and slow every single day. So as far as I'm concerned if I'm in homeostasis, I'm not improving. I want to keep pushing forward. I e-mailed Layne, so hopefully he drops my carbs a little, or increases my cardio. Either is fine by me. I want to be shreddded!!!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I'm not an expert, but Layne is, trust him and don't get to anxious. Good luck man.

BTW: do you look better on the mirror than last Tuesday?