• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil Heath 08 vs Ronnie Coleman 07

Who would win?

• Ronnie Coleman

Votes: 39 73.6%
  • Phil Heath

Votes: 14 26.4%

• Total voters
nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The only flaw in Ronnie is midsection.
2007 it was more than that, but I assume you already knew that. :D

The only structural flaws on Phil is midsection and narrow shoulder line.

D

d.capodiferro

This is the most ridiculous post I've read today, and that's saying something.
why don't you illuminate us with your unridicolous opinion?
i guess you would start from aesthetics and dryness which,in my opinion have little to cope with real bb.
i'm definitey happy coleman have saved bb from flex wheeler's kinds of physique.
beside that, does anybody in this forum know if ronnie is training or is supposed to, in order to come back somwhen?

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i guess you would start from aesthetics and dryness which,in my opinion have little to cope with real bb.
i'm definitey happy coleman have saved bb from flex wheeler's kinds of physique.
beside that, does anybody in this forum know if ronnie is training or is supposed to, in order to come back somwhen?

yeah, with his training partner arnold swarzenneger

but i agree they prefered ronnie over flex and the mr o tended to the mass instead of the class

to the thread: COLEMAN > phil

also:
COLEMANs best ever>phils best ever

D

d.capodiferro

yeah, with his training partner arnold swarzenneger

but i agree they prefered ronnie over flex and the mr o tended to the mass instead of the class

to the thread: COLEMAN > phil

also:
COLEMANs best ever>phils best ever

why don't you think it possible for ronnie to come back, maybe in a couple of years if he recovers from injury?
i think he'd still be the best

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
why don't you think it possible for ronnie to come back, maybe in a couple of years if he recovers from injury?
i think he'd still be the best

Start being a little more realistic...he is 42 y/o or is it 43?....in a couple of years he has no chance, even less then he does right now

D

d.capodiferro

Start being a little more realistic...he is 42 y/o or is it 43?....in a couple of years he has no chance, even less then he does right now

if you look at 2007 relentless i think he was still the best but on stage his condition was off i don't know why.
if he could do it in 2007 why not in 2009. it's only a couple of years

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if you look at 2007 relentless i think he was still the best but on stage his condition was off i don't know why.
if he could do it in 2007 why not in 2009. it's only a couple of years

The man i badly injured. His symmetry has gone out the window :e5dunno:

G

gqw06

compare the 03' ronnie to phil and tell me there's a comparison...didn't think so

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Well for starters I judge physiques as objectively as possible, factoring in all criterion that one can and weighing them in what I think is an appropriate manner in proportion to how things are usually judged or awarded; I tweak my opinions a bit from there though based on where the sport can, or should, take us scientifically and what would be best for the future (ie. athletes health, realistic standards, etc...).

As for what is an isn't ridiculous, I find it profoundly stupid to say that you will never cheer for a bodybuilder simply because other people do. It comes off like you are thoroughly overcompensating and rebelling against the popular for no reason other than a longing to be an outsider. People like this don't realize how hypocritical their statements come across as and the purposeful dissociation comes off as more ignorant than Tipper Gore.

My guess is, sine you're so hardcore, that the problems stems from Phil representing a metaphorical death of the mass monsters as he's already won more shows and 95% of athletes who step on stage ever will and he's only competed four times. Sorry, he's already proven himself. Even so, suppose he wins the ASC next weekend, what will your next qualm be? Obviously his physique will not have undergone a radical transformation in two weeks (unless he comes in completely off but that's a huge "if") so what will you say if he wins? That he's still not big enough and won't win the Olympia? You can only take these "arguments" so far before it becomes redundant and silly and you're already toeing that line.

One more thing I should also mention is that Coleman coming back injury free and beating Heath is a mere fantasy at this point, and this is coming from one of the biggest Ronnie fans on this board.

I could keep going but I'll address more below.
d.capodiferro said:
Yes, you don't like aesthetics and we know it. If I were to guess why it would be an expansion on what I mentioned above about having the outsider's mentality. My thought is that you could just consider yourself, and the sport, to be overtly hardcore and that mass and strength should rule and nothing that would in any way appease the public eye be rewarded. As for your argument regarding dryness, it doesn't make any sense or hold any water (pun intended). At this point you're basically chopping your critical mindset off at the knees because you seem to only be backing pure, unadulterated mass and, I hate to break it to you, almost anyone can be big.
d.capodiferro said:
Saved how? I have no idea what you're trying to say here, nor do I understand your undying love for muscle mass.
d.capodiferro said:
Lightweight would probably be the guy to ask.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
msuman

msuman

Not fair comparing Ronnie at his worst to Phil at his best. LAME!

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Daniel, any chance of seeing Ronnie 03 vs. Phil? We know Ronnie wins, but it would be interesting just to see.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Daniel, any chance of seeing Ronnie 03 vs. Phil? We know Ronnie wins, but it would be interesting just to see.

Yes I can do that..just need to get my own computer first...I'm sitting at my fathers right now...my networkcard died...