• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil Heath vs Dennis Wolf !

winner?

• Dennis Wolf

Votes: 63 47.0%
  • Phil Heath

Votes: 71 53.0%

• Total voters
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its close, Phil is much leaner, which I think gives him the nod.

F

Flash

if wolf could get phil's conditioning then I think his mass/body style would be better, but phil's striations are so much better, it just seems wolf has size on him

D

d.capodiferro

wolf is not only wider but has got more muscle.
don't forget he could compete in muscularity with last year coleman, which, despite everything, was still big as a house.
in addition to this, wolf gives me the impression to be able to gain much more muscle in the future;i can't say the same for phil.his whole body will improve but he will never be a mass monster. and if he tries to do so, i think he'll lose all the aesthetics that everybody is in love with.
wolf will definitely win this duel, imo

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wolf would probably win due to his size and width, but Phil has better conditioning, seperation, muscle tie-ins and rounder muscle bellies.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Not when speaking in relative terms.
d.capodiferro said:
don't forget he could compete in muscularity with last year coleman
No.
d.capodiferro said:
in addition to this, wolf gives me the impression to be able to gain much more muscle in the future;i can't say the same for phil.
Opinion.
d.capodiferro said:
his whole body will improve but he will never be a mass monster. and if he tries to do so, i think he'll lose all the aesthetics that everybody is in love with.
Nothing but ridiculous speculation. :tiphat:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Actually yes, he could compete with coleman last year for muscularity.

I have to go with my man wolf here on this one. I love the kind of conditioning that phil brings but the overall shape that Wolf has is very impressive to me. If phil can bring up his hams, tighten his glutes, and just come in a little more dry, I dont see phil beating him.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
^^ Actually yes, he could compete with coleman last year for muscularity.
Once again, we're not looking at this in terms of total muscular fulfillment of one's skeleture but instead mass with no frame of reference to potentional size. Did Wolf give the appearance of looking as big as Ronnie last year? Yes, but that's not to say that he's not lacking thickness in specfic areas, particularly those where Ronnie excells (and no, not his stomach).
The Creator said:
I have to go with my man wolf here on this one. I love the kind of conditioning that phil brings but the overall shape that Wolf has is very impressive to me.
So you're making the argument that Wolf has better overall shape than Phil? Wolf maintains incredible lines for someone of his size but to say that the genetic shape of his muscle bellies are as good as Phil's just seems to be a stretch and a take that very few share.
The Creator said:
If phil can bring up his hams, tighten his glutes, and just come in a little more dry, I dont see phil beating him.
wat

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I guess I should have said that I find Wolf's shape to be much more pleasing than Phil's. I never said that he has those same round bellies as Phil (to be honest I think Phil's genetics are much better than Wolf's as far as the quality of muscle that he carries), I just like Wolf's incredible v-taper and overall "X" frame that he achieves by carrying that tiny waist inbetween huge legs and wide shoulders.

I see Wolf as having better overall shape so I think if he can match Phil's condition, striated glutes, separated hams, and complete dryness, he would get the nod over phil because of his "X" factor.

R

revelli

from what i can see on these images
phil is better in details, this is very visible on hamstrings
but comparing them i can see also that wolf is wider than phil in back view

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
don't forget he could compete in muscularity with last year coleman, which, despite everything, was still big as a house.
in addition to this, wolf gives me the impression to be able to gain much more muscle in the future;i can't say the same for phil.his whole body will improve but he will never be a mass monster. and if he tries to do so, i think he'll lose all the aesthetics that everybody is in love with.

One "problem" with Wolfs physique is that he is "thin", his physique is far from done, more thickness all over and he would be a big threat if he keeps his waist at the same time.

Heath on the other side, he is thick. Far beyond what Wolf displays so far.
Comparing Heath and Wolfs physiques are a comparasine of thickness and width. Wolf has the width, Heath the Thickness

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Originally Posted by d.capodiferro
his whole body will improve but he will never be a mass monster. and if he tries to do so, i think he'll lose all the aesthetics that everybody is in love with.

Take a look at my avatar :xyxthumbs:

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I guess I should have said that I find Wolf's shape to be much more pleasing than Phil's.
Well that's your opinion. From a bodybuilding perspective this makes no sense.

I never said that he has those same round bellies as Phil (to be honest I think Phil's genetics are much better than Wolf's as far as the quality of muscle that he carries), I just like Wolf's incredible v-taper and overall "X" frame that he achieves by carrying that tiny waist inbetween huge legs and wide shoulders.
What is "quality of muscle"?
His tiny waist is too long proportionally.
It's more a T-taper than a V-taper.
Huge quads, yes. The guy has neither hams, calves nor glutes.

I see Wolf as having better overall shape so I think if he can match Phil's condition, striated glutes, separated hams, and complete dryness, he would get the nod over phil because of his "X" factor.
He'll have to get hams and glutes before they can be striated.
It's not about dryness alone. It's about leanness AND dryness.

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We can only guess how Dennis is gonna look after one full year offseason...I still think the mid 260s is not what his weight should be for a top 3 in the world physique.Phil did a good job for a one year time.I like them both,but after all it's about how the two will compare next to each other on the Olympia stage(with a certain conditioning)...actually imo polls like that are good for discussion but it will always be very subjective...comparing pics of Wolf 2007 vs Heath 2008 is like comparing 2004 AC Cormier vs 2006 Jay,Ronnie's best vs Jay's best etc....

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil takes the shots from the back and the side tri - but the others are pretty close imo.

D

d.capodiferro

Not when speaking in relative terms.

No.

Opinion.

Nothing but ridiculous speculation. :tiphat:

why do you think that your opinion is pure thruth?
bb is not a science so you can't say your opinion is more scientific than mine.
i think to speak from a hardcore bb point of view and from my relatively short gym experience.
heat's shoulders for example, are much more narrow and smaller than wolf's, as well as his legs and pecs.
that gives me the idea that he will never be able to lift the heaviest wheight, which is what allows you to become a monster like coleman.
wolf instead gives me the opposite idea.
i've never seen them training but i suppose wolf is stronger

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why do you think that your opinion is pure thruth?
bb is not a science so you can't say your opinion is more scientific than mine.
i think to speak from a hardcore bb point of view and from my relatively short gym experience.
heat's shoulders for example, are much more and smaller than wolf's, as well as his legs and pecs.
that gives me the idea that he will never be able to lift the heaviest wheight, which is what allows you to become a monster like coleman.
wolf instead gives me the opposite idea.
i've never seen them training but i suppose wolf is stronger

Line has more experience in evaluating bodybuilding physiques than you. That's why his statements are more truthful than yours.

D

d.capodiferro

Line has more experience in evaluating bodybuilding physiques than you. That's why his statements are more truthful than yours.
experience that comes from years of lifting thousands of pounds and not from years of writing in internet forums?!
in that case i would give maximum respect, truly.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Stop calling Heath for Heat!
You cant spell a simple name even....