• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil Heath vs Dennis Wolf !

winner?

• Dennis Wolf

Votes: 63 47.0%
  • Phil Heath

Votes: 71 53.0%

• Total voters
J

juicyjuce

To compare a 2007 pic to a 2008 pic is stupid. Why not compare Phil's 2007 pic to Dennis's 2007 pic. You saw Phil's improvements from last year wait until you see Dennis's(not that I know, but I can only imagine). You are also talking about two different shows. Dennis probably wanted to come in a little bigger to compete with the mass monsters, because that is what the Olympia looks towards. Then you have a pic of Phil in a show which the judges look more towards being in the best condition which can sacrafice size in the process.

Wait until the Olympia and you will see that Dennis is a much bigger bodybuilder with the same lines.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To compare a 2007 pic to a 2008 pic is stupid. Why not compare Phil's 2007 pic to Dennis's 2007 pic. You saw Phil's improvements from last year wait until you see Dennis's(not that I know, but I can only imagine). You are also talking about two different shows. Dennis probably wanted to come in a little bigger to compete with the mass monsters, because that is what the Olympia looks towards. Then you have a pic of Phil in a show which the judges look more towards being in the best condition which can sacrafice size in the process.

Wait until the Olympia and you will see that Dennis is a much bigger bodybuilder with the same lines.

This is a great post, hopefully Wolf has greatly improved as well.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^It wouldn't surprise me given the improvements he made last year - if he repeats a similar feat he'll be ever more impressive.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
give me a big dennis wolf dwarfing all the competitors over phil's class ANYDAY

yes, i prefer mass monsters

OH_Broker

OH_Broker

^Great post^ Seeing the year-over-year improvements is going to make for a special Olympia. I still think Wolf wins out in these pics.

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
experience that comes from years of lifting thousands of pounds and not from years of writing in internet forums?!
in that case i would give maximum respect, truly.

I don't see how Line's lifting weights is relevant :e5dunno: He has great experience at that too though...

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

He is taller and heavier yes. As of now (the available pics) Phil is far more muscular. And surely, Wolf's proportions, structure and lines are nowhere near Phil's :2: In Phil's physique; everything flows. In Dennis'; there is lack of harmony between development of muscle groups.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil looks better to me ,but lets just wait and see when they step on stage together..

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lets also remember (if I remember correctly) that Dennis went from dead last at the 2006 O to being considered a contender for the title at the 2007 O. I know that we are comparing the pictures given but I think we are going to see, yet again, a very improved Wolf. Both these athletes are young and will bring a lot of excitement to the IFBB.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Lets also remember (if I remember correctly) that Dennis went from dead last at the 2006 O to being considered a contender for the title at the 2007 O. I know that we are comparing the pictures given but I think we are going to see, yet again, a very improved Wolf. Both these athletes are young and will bring a lot of excitement to the IFBB.

He was new to the Olympia stage..he wouldn't have placed 5th last year if it was his first Mr.Olympia....around 10th would be my guess.
Without any politics in this sport Dennis would have been Atleast top3 IMO

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
One more thing. Even though I support Cutler big time. He wouldn't have been top 6 last year without politics..His name got him the first spot, the same goes for Coleman..he wasn't top 6 in my book either..

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Woah, Wolf winning ?

The bandwagon is lacking power guys, I`d be worried if I were you. But really, comparing pictures is getting old fast. The only way to compare two athletes is to see them in a stage, side by side. This 2007 pics of Wolf vs the new ones of Phil do not make justice to either one of them.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
why do you think that your opinion is pure thruth?
I didn't. I've never said any of my thoughts were pure thruth.
d.capodiferro said:
bb is not a science so you can't say your opinion is more scientific than mine.
Many aspects of bodybuilding are scientific and there are objective qualities to look at from a judging standpoint. To say there's no underlying reasoning behind professional criticism of physiques is silly because, despite there being some inconsistencies, there are reasons why guys like Ken Jones aren't on the Olympia stage. The difference between my "opinions" and yours are that I can actually back up what I say through well-scripted analyses instead of just spewing hyperbole all over the place.
d.capodiferro said:
i think to speak from a hardcore bb point of view and from my relatively short gym experience.
This doesn't make any sense to me. You've associated yourself with a specific, factional mentality and have given no reason (again) as to why you choose to make the arguments you do. If you haven't been in the gym for long the types of physiques you like and why you like them will change drastically over the next few years as you go through your own physical transformation.
d.capodiferro said:
heat's shoulders for example, are much more narrow and smaller than wolf's, as well as his legs and pecs.
You're speaking in terms of overall mass instead of mass in relation to potential size, something I've repeated several times and yet no one wants to acknowledge. One can only do so much with their skeletal structure and yes, Wolf's skeleton is larger than Phil Heath's, thus he is wider. That being said, the muscle bellies of Phil's when talking about the aforementioned body parts are proportionally larger, fuller, and have better separation to them than Wolf. If you want a drawn up analyses on shape I can do that as well.
d.capodiferro said:
that gives me the idea that he will never be able to lift the heaviest wheight, which is what allows you to become a monster like coleman.
wolf instead gives me the opposite idea.
i've never seen them training but i suppose wolf is stronger
You're right to an extent that using heavier weight for more reps with the same form will roughly produce more mass and it's very possible that Wolf is stronger. However, a lot of what you said is speculation (again) and you need to think of training and ability to add mass as having more to do having long bones and being strong. Does Wolf have the potential, based solely on his skeletal system, to carry more mass than Phil? Yes, because it's bigger. This is not to say that he will be capable of adding said mass uniformly to his structure though, or that he will have an easy time filling in his weak areas (if he actually can). With bigger guys comes more potential but genetic shortcomings are also much more obvious and it can take much longer to improve upon specific flaws. Wolf may very well add a ton of more muscle onto his physique in the upcoming years (he's still very young) but it will be quite hard to maintain the balance he currently possesses for a big man and, sadly, as soon as you start losing that in this sport you're all but finished.
d.capodiferro said:
experience that comes from years of lifting thousands of pounds and not from years of writing in internet forums?!
in that case i would give maximum respect, truly.
I have much experience in both. Admins and Mods aren't necessarily skinny internet nerds.

D

d.capodiferro

If you haven't been in the gym for long the types of physiques you like and why you like them will change drastically over the next few years as you go through your own physical transformation.

it's the only thing i underrstand and accept about your post.
i wonder how can you lift heavy wheights with so many words in your mind!
anyway, i say it through my instinct, wolf is better than phil and will even widen the gap

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
"If you haven't been in the gym for long the types of physiques you like and why you like them will change drastically over the next few years as you go through your own physical transformation."
it's the only thing i underrstand and accept about your post.
Sorry? I find your ignorance amusing for the time being though. How you're unwilling to accept my post because you can't understand it...or at least don't want to.
d.capodiferro said:
i wonder how can you lift heavy wheights with so many words in your mind!
Because I'm smarter than you. Would you like my stats and maxes?
d.capodiferro said:
anyway, i say it through my instinct, wolf is better than phil and will even widen the gap
Don't get me started on instinct and how highly I hold it in terms of cognitive reasoning.

D

d.capodiferro

Sorry? I find your ignorance amusing for the time being though. How you're unwilling to accept my post because you can't understand it...or at least don't want to.

Because I'm smarter than you. Would you like my stats and maxes?

Don't get me started on instinct and how highly I hold it in terms of cognitive reasoning.

you must apologize me but i can't understand what you mean.
english is not my first language but even if it was i would hardly nderstand you.
i just want to say i don't think to much about judjing the guys:
i like a lot coleman, wolf ruhl, a little less cutler;
i don't like nor hate phil;
i completely dislike victor

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
you must apologize me but i can't understand what you mean.
english is not my first language but even if it was i would hardly nderstand you.
My mistake, I didn't realize that.
d.capodiferro said:
i just want to say i don't think to much about judjing the guys:
i like a lot coleman, wolf ruhl, a little less cutler;
i don't like nor hate phil;
i completely dislike victor
Fair enough, I'm just very vested in the sport and like to keep some form of consistency in my judging.

tp_88

tp_88

I like Heath's lines alot more, more pleasing. On the other hand Wolf is abit bigger. Touch call, I'll go with Phil though.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Now these are some good comparissons other than the light, Heath looks great, but Wolf's size and width will beat out Heath atm.
Are you serious?

I have Phil winning every one of those poses except front lat spread.