• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rocky's Log - King of the Jim

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
only 100lbs?
that should be a sin for any gym..

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Tell me about it. We kept asking for heavier and they kept turning it down. Bastards!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ at ours in the hammer strength room
they have a handle set with the plates all over the floor
we have two full size free weight areas,
more free weights, bbs, dbs, plates etc than any gym within 50miles lol

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky said:
^Tell me about it. We kept asking for heavier and they kept turning it down. Bastards!

haha i feel you there, my gym only goes to 100 everything past 70 lbs is in 10lb increments instead of 5. :bowroflarms: However it's alot worse for you, I hope when i mature a bit more to have some impressive strength as well:xyxthumbs:

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
jesus christ...you're unbelievable strong and ripped to the bone too...it's not fair =( insane BB bent over rows!!! i guess its true about frequency being superior...we all know you do a lot of bending over.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
nice session, 45 kg dumbell pullovers are nothing to sneeze at. I find when i used to use that much weight on a pullover i would do a lot of hip thrusting whats your form like? Do you thrust?
I did mine with only my shoulderblades on the side of a bench tho and with my legs and lower back bridged(off the bench). Still when i used less weight and controlled my hip position i found this a lot more effective of an exercise.

btw australia won the world cup in cricket again. Where did england(the maker of that hell boring game) place again?

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Rocky said:
Hypo...I have been making a concerted effort to increase the stretch behind my head a little more each time I do it so whether that is having an effect I don't know.
Yeah, I'd say. Take form over weight any day; you should get used to it soon and start repping out what you normally do :weightlifter:

MuscleHead

MuscleHead

Don't beat your self up Roko that session was heavy. Relax recoup and next week you will destroy the next one.

Other wise blame evo:e5dunno:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
German Joe - Yeah it sucks but I have to make do with what I got! Looks like you'll be in the same boat too if yours only go up to 100!

CJU - Cheers buddy. Slowly the strenght is going up. Bending over? Me? Where? :spy: :gaygay:

Pickle - Thank you sir. But no, no thrusting from me. I bridge aswell but keep my lower body static and just get a good deep breath before lowering the DB back over my head for a nice stretch. I don't follow cricket. We're rubbish at all sports - even when we invent them. :no:

Glex - Yeah hopefully you're right. I'll move to a bar soon seeing as there aren't any heavier DB's :disgust:

Musclehead - Yeah you're right...I'll blame Evo! :)

Serb - Training in a little while! I'll post up later. :xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ kk lookin forward to your workout.. im about to train some back today, im SEXicted..

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^I'll be looking out for your session then chap! Hope it's a good one!

Right, just got back from the gym. Was an ok session, but the order was a bit messed up cos of other people being there and also it took over an hour and a half because people kept talking to me and asking about exercises and supplements and stuff. Which is nice and all but meant my rest periodfs were a bit longer than necessary. Oh well, here it is:

Seated Leg Press
105kg (230lb) x 12
165kg (365lb) x 12
205kg (450lb) x 25 - full stack, moved seat closer for deeper stretch.

Smith Squat
110kg (245lb) x 8
140kg (310lb) x 6
150kg (330lb) x 1
160kg (350lb) x bailed. Got down then realised I wasn't getting back up and racked it. :no:

DB Walking lunges
90kg (200lb) x 5 - grip went :disgust:
90kg (200lb) x 5
90kg (200lb) x 5
90kg (200lb) x 5

Seated Calf Raises
160kg (350lb) x 15
215kg (475lb) x 10 - P.B.
215kg (475lb) x 7
220kg (485lb) x 7 - P.B.

Was gonna do some glute ham raises but couldn't get right position with the equipment at hand.

Seated Leg Curl
80kg (180lb) x 10
102.5kg (225lb) x 12
102.5kg (225lb) x 10

Rotator Cuff Work

DB Military
17.5kg (40lb) x 10
27.5kg (60lb) x 10
35kg (77lb) x 8 - think that's a P.B. for reps
37.5kg (83lb) x 4 - P.B.

Standing Push Press
50kg (110lb) x 10
65kg (145lb) x 2 - went lightheaded and legs wobbly?! :no:
50kg (110lb) x 10

Cable Upright Row
75kg (165lb) x 10
92.5kg (205lb) x 10 - P.B.
95kg (210lb) x 10 - P.B.

Standing Alt DB Curls
22.5kg (50lb) x 8
30kg (66lb) x 3 ?! :disgust:
27.5kg (60lb) x 4 !?!?! :disgust: - worse than last time.

EZ Preachers
40kg (90lb) x 10
45kg (100lb) x 8

Power Shrugs
120kg (265lb) x 10
170kg (380lb) x 10
175kg (390lb) x 10

And that was it. Bit disappointed with the bi work, but DB Military went well and the squats were still better than last time so slowly but surely.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry to hear bout the Bis man, i have to agree, your squats are going nicely
focus one one part then the next big Rocky!

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
holy crap.. nice session.. great weights.. and yet again.. i have to say.. the volume is unreal.. your my hero.

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You're the guy I would call when it's leg day, I really like those walking lunges. The only kind I've ever done were the regular ones, Does the walking lunges cause more growth? Great session overall

P.S. people in the the gym do get annoying, I remeber on guy came up to me while i was in the squat rack getting ready to squat and asked me "So are you doing legs today?" I wanted to say no asswipe I'm fucking reading

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Strong trunks, especially hamstrings, thats some serious weight you lift with lunges, i notcied that in one of your last leg sessions also.

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Excepting a few quirks, great workout. Shrugs are pretty massive there, bro :ughnoes:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sweet merciful crap, Rocky:ughnoes: That entire last session was killer but your grip strength, let alone the weight, on those walking lunges is what's really blowing my mind. Excellent work:hsughr:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hypo - Yep true words. One step at a time!

Serb - Thanks buddy! I keep thinking I should be doing more sets! I've never been a volume man either, always intensity!?!

Natureboy - lol there's no way I'd keep up with you on leg day!! Walking lunges are just a little different in that you keep pushing forward rather than forward then back with each leg if that makes sense. Don't know how much difference it makes to growth if any. Just like any other exercise where you change the angle I suppose - just hits it slightly differently.
lol at "no I'm fucking reading"

Dobbs - Thanks man. Yeah my ham strength is better than my quad. Don't know why - I train them each equally.

Glex - Cheers fella. Yeah pleased with the couple of PB's and my shrugs are pretty much up to PB territory too!

onebigeric - Thanks for the comments! Wish my grip would have held out to do more reps on the luinges but alas had to just do less reps and more sets instead.

Thanks again all for the comments. I've been up for 24 hrs now so going to bed. Next session won't be till Thursday cos of working nights! Take it easy people!

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good session with some new pb's. Keep up the good work:xyxthumbs: