• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rocky's Log - King of the Jim

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lift 500 lbs for what exercise though?

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Careful on that back, bro :ughnoes:

Your shoulder work is great as always. How on earth did you get the 95kg PB and then get ANOTHER PB the next set at the same weight? Ridiculous :2:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice session Rocko. Be carefull with your back, youve only got one.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your in the 500 pound club with deads? Nice, and impressive shoulder workout. I wish I could use the heavy side raises like you with lower reps but I can't get that burn going. Thats one hell of a workout you did, legs and shoulders.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
German Joe - Thanks buddy. Still trying to work up!

Serb - lol at throwing up! :) 500lb club is for anyone who can dead, squat (or heaven forbid bench) 500lb. To be honest any exercise (apart from leg press) that you can use that weight on will suffice I suppose!

miamiracing - I don't think there is an official 'club' for it. But seeing a vid would be great!

Glex - Thanks buddy. Yeah I was really fired up after the first set and thought "fuck it" and just went for it.

Philo - Ta bud. Yeah, I know, I just relaxed at the wrong point.

Natureboy - lol. Thanks mate. :xyxthumbs:

Big04pimpin - Alas I'm not in the 500lb club yet. With the raises I try and do a lower weight for a set or 2 and then do the heavy ones to finish off. Thanks for checking it out.

Thanks all of you for checking my log. Now that I'm training on my own it's like you're all my lifting partners and providing me with the motivation so I push a little harder knowing I got to post it up in here.

Anyway, after a night's sleep my back is still really bad. I'm hoping that it'll loosen up as the day goes on cos I got back tomorrow and it'll be deads so I'll have to see how it feels otherwise I'll be missing them out. :(

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
they should call the smith machine the rocky machine. Your a machine !

i hope your back heals up brother dont go so hard for a while. You must be a little soft so you dont get hurt. those shoulder presses! what a ride.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
410 on s lunges lol?
holy shit Rocky wtf !!???

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm truly sorry to hear about your back complication, Rocky. I hope you heal up well, and soon.

Oh, and:

Your Lunges + Your Calf Presses = I hate you in the best possible way:)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pickle lol - yeah It's MY machine. I wish I had the equipment to do more non-smith moves but you have to make do with what you got! If my back is still like this tomorrow that'll knock the deads off.

Hypo - I know it's ridiculous. They're better than my deads at the mo. :no:

onebigeric - Thanks man. I think tomorrow will be a lighter session. Thanks for the hate! :) I think I'll leave the lunges at this weight for a bit. I don't think I need to go heavier, and I'll keep working on the squats!

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sorry I never visited ur log before rocky sorta new......ur numbers are impressive and i like your volume very nice.....whats your stats? (height/weight/etc....)

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ watch out Turk, hes a stalker :spy:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Turkish - Thanks for checking my log. Funny everyone keeps mentioning the volume but it doesn't feel like I do that much for each bodypart 1 or 2 main sets and usually only 2 - 3 exercises per bodypart! As for my stats, all I can give you is my height 6' 1" as I haven't weighed myself in over 6 months or taken any measurements because I am always lighter than people expect so don't bother. However, if you're interested I got a pics thread although they are a few months old now too:

http://www.musclemecca.com/showthread.php?t=339

Hypo - Stop calling me. :spy:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Right - had to go fairly early this morning which I never like because I feel tired and stiff and haven't got enough food in me, and my back was still hurting so no deads but hey, there you go. At least the gym was empty! So here it was:

DB Incline
22.5kg (50lb) x 10
32.5kg (70lb) x 10
45kg (100lb) x 3 - got them up badly to start and instead of dropping them I persevered and so the first rep took about 10 secs to get up!
42.5kg (95lb) x 4 - bum. :disgust:

Decline Bench
80kg (180lb) x 10
100kg (220lb) x 6 - 1 rep more than last time and I used less decline angle.
100kg (220lb) x 4 - hmmm.

Lying DB Pullover
37.5kg (85lb) x 10
45kg (100lb) x 10

Lat Pulldown
80kg (180lb) x 12 - warm up for chins

Wide Grip Chins
w/10kg (22lb) x 10
w/12.5kg (30lb) x 8
Bodyweight to fail

Bent Over BB Row
90kg (200lb) x 10
125kg (275lb) x 10
130kg (285lb) x 10

Rack Chins - feet raised
x 12 - body more horizontal
x 10 - even more horizontal

Dips
w/17.5kg (40lb) x 10
w/55kg (120lb) x 4
w/55kg (120lb) x 4 - not up to my best but this is hard. Putting it down to an increase in bodyweight?!

Tri Bar Pushdowns
75kg (165lb) x 10
97.5kg (215lb) x 10 - P.B.
100kg (220lb) x 10 - P.B.

Cable Wrist Curls - SUPERSET
Front Reverse
77.5kg (170lb) x 12 47.5kg (105lb) x 12 - both P.B.
80kg (180lb) x 8 50kg (110lb) x 7 - both P.B.

Single Arm Cable Row
55kg (120lb) x 10
80kg (180lb) x 8 - P.B.
80kg (180lb) x 8

Well I've reached the same stciking point on DB Incline that I had before my break. I just hope I can bust through it this time. Not up to my best on decline and it's hard but I'll put that down to the lesser decline angle. The pullovers have been dropping 1 rep per week the past 2 weeks - hopefully not a continuing trend. Dips aren't as strong as they used to be yet my other tri exercises are coming on so maybe I have actually put some weight on finally! My back held out well aswell fortunately but was cautious throughout anyway so hopefully will be sorted for next session. Glad I got a couple of PB's out of it. Shame it wasn't on the main lifts but there you go. Ciao for now!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dont worry bout the DB incline Rocky
u always get back at it
those single arm cable rows are impressive
u should try a super set with that
cable rows plus DB rows
thats what i do,
next day my whole back is bloated

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
10 secs to more growth is how I see it

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
very heavy backrows and amazing dips, went real heavy with those. Not bad on chest either, got up some impressive weights their too.

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Awesome workout, Rockstar. Hopefully you find a way to work past that point on your DB incline.

That is a weird trend on your pullovers. I feel like I do that on exercises sometimes, but then on a completely random day I'll bust out 1.5 times what I normally do. Maybe that'll happen for ya :e5dunno:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hypo - Thanks man. The DB's only go up to 100's though but I suppose I could rep 'em out as a superset! Cheers.

Natureboy - Yeah I guess that's a better way of looking at it! Super slow rep! :)

Dobbs - Cheers. I was a bit trepidatious before rows cos of my back pain but it didn't affect it at all. I'm hopinh I'll be able to get my dips back up to my all time best of about 70kg hanging off me! We'll see!

Glex - Yeah hope I do get past it. Seems I keep hitting that wall and staying there. I know what you mean about the pullovers, although I have been making a concerted effort to increase the stretch behind my head a little more each time I do it so whether that is having an effect I don't know.