• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Skeptic's log.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Hehe I can get 7 reps in a set!!! I admit they aren't 100% range of motion, I hit the bottom, but I don't go all the way to the top, once I can get a few more reps in a set I will work on the full range of motion.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looks strong man, mp's are on the up!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Keep in mind I havn't squatted in about 3 weeks.

5/3/1 week 1 squats
5@135kg
5@145kg
3@155kg
Could have easily gotten more, I reckon about 8 reps total, but my wrists were seriously hurting, they are still sore. I tried widening my grip, but that just makes my back feel loose and the bar feels unstable, and if I have a close grip it feels like my wrists are hyperextending. *sigh*

Did a set of 10 front squats after this, CVS is so shitty, I really need to work on this.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
It was about time you updated your log skippy! ;)

Sad to hear about your wrist problems again i've suffered of wrist pain before (i've got narrow, girly wrists) and it's no fun, I hope you fix it asap. I think I told you this before but what helped me the most was grabbing every BB or DB in the gym like if I wanted to do some "iron juice", gripping them very tight no matter what exercise to help keep my wrists straight. But I'm sure you already do that.
Meanwhile you're still doing a good job! 155 ain't no joke.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Hehe, thanks man! To be honest though, I reckon I'm well capable of pulling off 8-10 reps with 155kg. I can keep my wrists straighter, but I have to have the bar higher than I'd like on my traps which makes the reps harder. I think it could just be an adjustment issue with comming back to squatting.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
From what i've read high-bar "oly-style" squats while harder have a great carryover to low bar "powerlifting style" squats, greater --it seems-- than the other way around. So perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea for you to try high-bar if that's easier on your wrists. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I was doing closer stance squats so that I could go deeper (Like you said with the oly squats, the deeper squat has a great carry-over), but I've always felt the lower bar position helped keep my centre of gravity more consistent, irrelevant of how deep I go. I'll see how my wrists hold up next week, then I might think about the higher bar position.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I's back bitches.

Squats
10@20kg
8@60kg
5@80kg
20@100kg (vid)

Why the **** did I do that?

Bench

Pullups

Dips

ANything after those squats isn't worth mentioning due to how much I felt like dying.

Last edited:
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
this trend of 20reps squats have to finish! :no:

however nice atg mate. How're your wrists feeling?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Lol. Awesome fun aren't they? I find try for another 15 afterwards really rounds out the session, and by rounds out I mean fukcs you right in the arse.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good squats skeptic! those 20 rep sets really drains your energy.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
this trend of 20reps squats have to finish! :no:

however nice atg mate. How're your wrists feeling?

Haha, 20 rep squats are a terrible ****ing idea! Wrists felt alright, had the bar a little higher so I could keep them a bit straighter, we'll see how they go when I start on the heavier weights.

Lol. Awesome fun aren't they? I find try for another 15 afterwards really rounds out the session, and by rounds out I mean fukcs you right in the arse.

I was ****ed right in the arse after the 20 rep set.... adding another 15 on top??? Are you mad???

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Haha, 20 rep squats are a terrible ****ing idea! Wrists felt alright, had the bar a little higher so I could keep them a bit straighter, we'll see how they go when I start on the heavier weights.

I was ****ed right in the arse after the 20 rep set.... adding another 15 on top??? Are you mad???

That has been suggested before...

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I was honestly having trouble keeping my lunch down haha. I was thinking of trying to do it with 110kg, or just hating myself completely and attempting it with 120kg hahahaha

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I've gone as far as 120 so far.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Then that settles it... I'm going for 120kgx20 next time.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
very nice skippy, 120kgx20!!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Right, I'm doing 125kg then...

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Hahahahaha, This will be a never ending battle of self destruction!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'm actually regretting saying that already, I'm already planning on continuing to deadlift twice a week for the next few weeks. 125 might kill me.