• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Storm photography thread

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you have to shout don't close your eyes before taking it.

Yeh, but then you have the problem that people get so scarred of me shouting they **** their pants.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
I have a photography question Storm: how do you take photos of people so that you don't have their eyes shut in every photo?

Having a cam with a quick shutter helps. Shot a burst and hope for the best :D

you have to shout don't close your eyes before taking it.
this have the opposite result more often than not.

You pull off symmetry really well. Its something thats not easy to do since many symmetrical photographs look boring and have bad composition. Your play on perspective plays a big role in your photographs, it makes them look somewhat abstract.

If you dont mind, Storm, maybe you can give a short write up for your future photographs discussing , not the meaning, but the composition and other critical aspects of photography. Im sure we will learn a lot of valuable information.... if u want, if not, dont worry about it.

Thanks fella, i'll be delighted to do so. My biggest fear is driving people to total boredom when i talk about photography hehe.

I'm waiting for nude women... and you playing with her angles :p

I'm joking man, great job. Any pic from Italy's wonders?

Sadly enough my wife doesn't want to pose for full/frontal nudes, and she wouldn't allow me to shot other models lol.
Italy? sure, i got some good shots when i was in Rome.

Last edited:
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
mvsf1's request, classic night pic of Il Colosseo

3816433792_509024117a_o-1.jpg

And as dilated requested, a little wirte up... sorry if this is boring, just look at the photo and don't read! ;)

I carried my tripod all the way to Italy just to do this particular photograph. I read about a narrow street from which you could see the coliseum from a high position and that was perfect for a night shot showing its light.

Once there i saw the wide road with heavy traffic, and there wasn't any real alternative for a composition without it, because as you see if you try to crop the building there are still those street lamps in the frame, half-cut, and that's a no-no. When conditions are adverse you must use those elements to your advantage, so i used the road as a diagonal line that (is suppose to) direct the view to the main subject and kept the horizon line off-center (giving more room to "earth" because the deep black sky lacks interest).
Once the composition was decided it was a matter of balancing the exposure for Il Colosseo with that of the street lamps (avoid blown highlights) and choose a narrow aperture and long shutter speed in order to blur the cars and capture just their lights (this is an old trick). I had to synchronize my shot with the street lights to avoid stopped cars during the exposure (10 seconds). The 2nd attempt is the one I'm showing you right now :)

Some could say that this pic could be improved by cropping a bit in the left, eliminating those trees and plants, but i like it like this.

Don't think this takes ages to do, once you're used to take photos many of this tricks come almost without thinking.

Last edited:
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Do you fancy a shot?

Puns, word games and plain sillyness can make good photos too. Then there are mine.

3600373549_bb741fc0c6_o-1.jpg

Why did I take it like this? Generally speaking still-life photographs (or paintings) are...well, still. Inanimate. Quiet. I wanted to show an action, and i felt that the scene on the right by itself will only looks like "a mouse put in a mouse trap", which of course is what it is, but i wanted my pic to give the impression that the mouse was caught in that mousetrap, not just put there, therefor i needed a "before" scene and the question was What would a computer mouse want to eat? i thought a mouse ball was a good option.

Framing: this being an absurd scene i tried to present it in a "factual" way. Just show the thing, without any exogenous artifacts, just like it should be done in a product catalog. Everything in focus and well centered in the frame, no tricks.
B&W: there are a lot of funny things about how we "read" images. Believe me if a tell you that western people tend to trust b&w images over colourful onesby instinct, just because they are associated with traditional daily press. Once again it's a try to give realism to something obviously manipulated.
Lighting: this was shot in my little studio, using a white light tent (like a small tent made of translucid white fabric). Using lights from outside the tent (both sides) it difusses it and make almost no shadows. Again a technique used in product photography.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
wow.. dilated will love all the text. i'm sure.

I love the mouse one, really fun photo, and it canhave different meanings if you think on the subject. cool exercise.

ps : is that Tkd seated guy Tkd smoking weed in the coloseum photo?

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great pictures Tormentita maricon, the italy one is crazy but i think you should stick to wide open pussies one.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey, I love that long exposure pic! Great job!

Mouse trap one also looks really clean.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Time to update this isn't it. With something lifting-related too

6987861723_a9581799ce-1.jpg

Cheers

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Hardcore

ten ......

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I complimented you on this photo already via facebook, but I must say its awesome it has the powerfull, raw essence that is in all of us lifters - even the mirror ones.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
@dilated: glad you like it

@Natzo: thank you bro, i appreciate it. I did this photo more for the lifters than for the photographers, if you know what i mean.