• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tell us your MuscleMecca improvement Ideas

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
My bad and I am sorry. I get a bit stressed out and take things too seriously. lol Its all good..

Thanks so much for all of the great ideas. I really want to try to make you guys happy with the new site.

BTW - as some of you know, we have upgraded to a dedicated server and then we actually upgraded to a better dedicated server but the good news is that in January I plan on upgrading again to an even better dedicated server and at that point the site should have no slow downs at all. Part of the reason for the new site build is also to lean things out and make things much faster.

Thanks again... This is really going to be a big help to doing this..

Rich

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
These will be awesome! I have already started the planning on this..

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Yeah i stopped posting 2 years ago and coming back its aweful quiet. Like any forum but you need members to actively particpipate in conversations. Mods need to have mixed bag of questions and little gimmicks to keep people chatting and arguing. I use to love fighting over high volume vs low volume etc. It gets heated but everybody gets in and has a say.

I would love to see you interview members about their training instead of pro's. i don't want some juice junky telling me about their 20 set bicep routine which i can't recover from!

Post controvesial articles to stir the mob

Mecca use to be my favourite place to visit once upon a time. I have been on hiatus, all my fault, but i'm back and keen as **** to charge the forum, its gotta be a member driven effort. The features on the site are fine!

I agree with you..
Thanks for this. Great idea and glad to have you back!

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@ Coach, you contribute a lot to the site, i used to be a lot more active on other sites and i know its a lot of work to get all the news and make presentable threads on here. THANKS COACH!

Yeah... I propose we make it mandatory for every one to come here thank Coach at least once a day every day :biggrin:
Thanks Coach!

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah... I propose we make it mandatory for every one to come here thank Coach at least once a day every day :biggrin:
Thanks Coach!

...@ Thank you very much guys!!!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
If it wasnt for COACH, tkD, and Natzo, mecca wouldve had barely any updates. I say we all pitch in to send them prostitutes as a thank you.

Reactions: TalkAdmin
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Thanks guys,

Yeah, there are some issues with certain browsers such as Internet Exporer. The site works best on Firefox but this will be fixed. In addition during peak traffic or when soime certain cron tasks are running the site can bog down a bit. I will be upgrading to another server early next year which will have a quad core and it should solce all the issues with the site slowing down.

I appreciate all the help and I agree we need more moderators. I have written script to help with the spam and I have added mods as well but still ity is true we need more moderators to help. Once the new site is up or when we are just about up I will talk to Robert about getting more moderators.

I would also like to give out some prizes and have some contests once the new site is up.

Keep the ideas coming!! Thank you so much!!!

oldez

oldez

You should enable level 1 gzip-compression for faster loading times and less bandwidth use.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Cork

Cork

Thanks Coach!!

I was on another forum and they had a twitter like notification setup. You could say something in a post like "Hey these updates suck, @COACH." and it would send him a notification that someone mentioned him with a link to the thread. I think that's a cool idea. It could bring attention to certain threads where members know that other members have an interest in or there is a question posed directly to them.

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey TalkAdm friend..
Let VIP members can openly post in the VIP area, again!
Because the threads sometimes go more than 3-4 days and are not published yet!
In advance, Thank you for understanding!
hug

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Amen, gzip compression FTW!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
The server has gzip, most do.

As for the VIP forum, these threads are not moderated so I do not why they would not be posted immediately. I will look into it though.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
quick reply doesnt work!!!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
What do you mean?? I am posting this in quick reply right now..no problem. What is happening when you use quick reply? What browser are you using?

I just added my text and now I click the Post Quick Reply button...works fine for me.. You are telling me you have to click on the Go advanced tab??

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Woah, things are looking a bit different now. My spyware/malware blocker has been blocking this site for the past couple of months.

Are still any plans for a Strength/PL/Strongman section? I'll happily help build the content and mod it.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
yes TA that is exactly what I mean. I'm using Firefox, I'm not the only one with this probelm.

AND HELL YEAH FREAKO!!! TA PLS MAKE FREAKO'S POST HAPPEN!

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Please see the attached screenshots... Quick Reply box is greyed out while Advanced Reply option is working fine! I use IE 8 & 9 and if Natzo is getting it on Firefox then its probably not a browser specific issue!

Attachments

• Advanced vs Quick Reply.jpg
    Advanced vs Quick Reply.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 153
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also Reply with Quote and Edit Reply doesnt work either... sadly these two dont work even when you try Advanced editing!!!