• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The 10 Manliest Exercises

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Zerchers don't hurt my arms at all and I can do them for a 150kg single. They do work my upper and lower back extra hard as I keep myself from falling forward. They probably on hurt you so much because you don't do them.

I'm not a huge fan of them because I end up losing feeling in my hands and forearms on weights over 100kg on Zerchers. It might not be manly or hardcore to only use them as a light, high rep, exercise but I do value having tactile sensation in my hands and blood flow to my extremities.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
seated barbell press. lllllllllllllol ive never seen anyone do that with a good ROM.

Whats full rom on that exercise? my ROM on barbell press is the same as my rom for db press. i cant do them standing :( it hurts my knees for some reason and my core can barely handle it.

Last edited:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Collar bone to arms locked = Full ROM.

I don't like the seated BB as my head gets in the way. DB seated was and is one of my better exercises. I remember warming up shoulders with the DB's everyone else was flat benching with at uni. My BB press (seated or standing) really sucks in comparison.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Whats full rom on that exercise? my ROM on barbell press is the same as my rom for db press. i cant do them standing :( it hurts my knees for some reason and my core can barely handle it.

are you the biggest cat on this board?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Maybe its my chunky forearms that make zerchers so easy-going.

And I'm sorry Dilated and Tim, I refuse to consider any seated press as manly.

My manly 10:
1. A2G Squat
2. Deadlifts
3. Clean and press
4. Atlas Stones
5. Zercher squat
6. Snatch
7. Military or Push Press
8. Kroc Rows
9. Weighted Dips and Pullups
10. Farmers or Yoke Walks

That's a tentative list and I still haven't done a few of them therefore I am not a man. Must learn to oly lift and get some stones...

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Weighted-anything is manly (dips, pullups...)
Squats
Deads
Good mornings!
Military press is a hell of a manly exercise
Oly lifts
Benchpress, sure. If done right, most benchpresses performed in gyms are more gay than manly.
Kroc rows (thick grip Krocs for extra powered testicles)
And nobody metions BB rows?

From the original list i usually do: weighted dips (no chains), squats, deads, krocs. I've done Zerchers some times but i preffer fronties atm.
That T-bar **** shouldn't be on that list.
Oh, and IMO the manliest of them all is the deadlift, picking up heavy stuff from the ground is as manly as it can get.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Zerchers don't hurt my arms at all and I can do them for a 150kg single. They do work my upper and lower back extra hard as I keep myself from falling forward. They probably on hurt you so much because you don't do them.

I gotta agree with Freako, want to get stronger do Zerchers I do them plenty but never list it on my log cause I don't feel like explaining what they are to dumb asses. I do enough of that at the gym.

H

Hansons

This is the very good results that most of the tips are very beneficiary for the body if continuity apply with the body.Therefore it is the better way for each who want to have the good health by all means.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

ronnie12

If we will do all these exercises regularly with good diet, Then we will surely become quite strong. All these exercises are really very tough and need alot of work and practice to do..

J

jacky

As I think Chain Dips are really very tough to do. They need alot of work to do it.

R

remnant

Banned
I have no cast idea of what a manly exercise should entail when it
comes to bodybuilding since lady bodybuilders practice even heavy
lifting. But I would reckon that press ups are a manly exercise judging
by the toughness required and acquired as one increases the tempo with
more exposure. Press ups are also recognized as one of the standard
exercises in the armed forces.