• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Official Olympic Games 2008 thread

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How are you yanks feeling about being beaten by the Chinese in the medal tally?

Fine because we still have more than the Aussies... as usual. Hey... who has dominated the medal count for the last 12 years??? anyone? anyone? Oh yeah, it was the USA team... :ughnoes:
The Olympics aren't over, we can and may beat out China for the gold medal count in the end. One thing is for certain, we will beat Australia

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually I believe we have a gold and a bronze in the swimming already thank you very much. :angrydude:

Sorry, make that 2 golds and 3 bronze in the swimming. Suck on that. :p

I do believe we are doing better than that :D
Thus far we have in swimming alone:
2 gold
3 silver
3 bronze

suck on that :p

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Its a given that the USA will beat Oz. No contest there. We still do pretty good for ourselves for a country with the population of little over 20 million.

I know the track and field hasn't started yet so you've still yet to get the majority of your medals but I think China are an honest threat for you this year. Its a matter of national pride for them. From what I've read they've made a point of loading many of the non-US dominated events with their athletes. It would be a great moment for them to top the medal tally at their own Olympics.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Its amazing the competitiveness that the Olympics brings out in people...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fine because we still have more than the Aussies... as usual. Hey... who has dominated the medal count for the last 12 years??? anyone? anyone? Oh yeah, it was the USA team... :ughnoes:
The Olympics aren't over, we can and may beat out China for the gold medal count in the end. One thing is for certain, we will beat Australia
Piffle!! Kinda hard to compare a country with less than one tenth the population on a total medal tally :disgust:

Although our TV coverage would have us believe that Australians are in every event. Still no weightlifting on TV (although I was at work and the gym for most of the day).

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When is the next basketball game?

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea, I really only care about the gymnastics. If anyone disagree's take a look at Tech's post.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
58kg womens weightlifting :hsughr::hsughr::hsughr::hsughr::hsughr:

Chinese girl just smoked a 106kg snatch :xyxthumbs:

i saw that to, she aslo did a 138kg clean & jerk. she totally dominated her weightclass.

looking forward to the womens 63kg class. i hope Ruth Kasirye (Norway) will do well.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wolf said:
Yea, I really only care about the gymnastics. If anyone disagree's take a look at Tech's post.
Gymnastics is an odd sport. It goes from terrific to pointless so much of the time. Plus there is something so wrong about staring at gymnastics girls, it's too hard to tell the legal from the kids, which is just wrong.
i saw that to, she aslo did a 138kg clean & jerk. she totally dominated her weightclass.

looking forward to the womens 63kg class. i hope Ruth Kasirye (Norway) will do well.
Aww you spoiled it for me! I haven't seen that yet! But she is dominating, makes her lifts look easy while everyone else is battling.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I'll admit, I watch the American womens gymnastics. some of the other teams have some pretty butt ugly girls though.

I also watched the womens swimming. Stephanie Rice ftw.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Piffle!! Kinda hard to compare a country with less than one tenth the population on a total medal tally :disgust:

Although our TV coverage would have us believe that Australians are in every event. Still no weightlifting on TV (although I was at work and the gym for most of the day).

I know, I was just rubbing it in :keke:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
400 mens relay was amazing :eek4:

Zviko

Zviko

I don't think USA will beat china this year the chinese are focused man they are beating you by 2 points at the moment so i might be proved wrong. did you see those little chinese weightlifters :ughnoes: that 17 year old boy smoked evryone. how the hell im lost for words

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually I believe we have a gold and a bronze in the swimming already thank you very much. :angrydude:

Sorry, make that 2 golds and 3 bronze in the swimming. Suck on that. :p

When i posted it at the time i was right. So SUCK on that.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ I dont care what anyone on here says about us having more population or anything. We are still gonna dominate.

Expecially the swimming can I say 6 more golds for Phelps. Yup

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ I dont care what anyone on here says about us having more population or anything. We are still gonna dominate.

Expecially the swimming can I say 6 more golds for Phelps. Yup

:2: yup, sounds like nothing but an excuse to me :keke:
Phelps is going to definitely get 6 more golds :xyxthumbs:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Thanks for the backup Braaq.

Everyone on here is bitter. India won their first ever gold medal today. Guess what? India has over 1 billion people. So population is just a poor excuse for everyone on here who isnt American and upset cause their country is doing poor.