• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Things you can't stand in the gym!

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
People screaming at the top of their lungs doing reps. I can understand maybe a grunt or two when going to failure but starting out with a King Kong mating call is ridiculous.

Not true, sometimes it just comes out. Try putting 500lbs on your back and see if you come up without making a noise. If you lift light then maybe you dont understand. I dont scream at the top of my lungs, but if I am doing a heavy set noise does come out.

I agree totally with Braaq..If you're lift at you max or close to it, just breathing
for me atleast gets hard. A loud grunt or scream should be allowed if you are lifting heavy...but standing with p*s*y weight and screaming...thats just self pwnage IMO.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well... many things I don`t like I have done myself.

-People who bring in towels to mark machines they are using, while using another machine. Let me explain, I have this big dude in my gym, awesome physic, but the motherfucker does Hammer chest presses and leaves his towel on the machine and then goes to do squats... And I cannot use the chest machine because his stinky towel is there.

Other people do the same though... fucking idiots.

-People who talk through the phone loud as fuck, and think they are better than everyone else. I understand talking with somebody when he calls you... I`ve done it a couple of times, keeping the talk short though. But there are guys who are like this:

"YO DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWG whats up dude ? MY MAAAAAAAN, it has been so long, let`s go drink tonight bitch, yeah... let`s get LAID"

Not a fucking joke, there are at least three guys in my gym who are like this... I sometimes wonder if somebody actually called them. Their cellphone probably don`t even have batteries.

-Guys who don`t take down the weights after using them. Usually I don`t mind taking little weights, it`s actually good because I get to work back and biceps a little more... but the Elephants at my gym that lift 300 tons and leave the weight there... I fucking hate them. I spend about 30 minutes tearing down the building of weights they put there.

-Smelly people... self explanatory. Some dudes are so biohazard that the entire gym stinks... It`s almost like a creature of myth is attacking us with it`s smell.

-Girls who look but don`t talk to me... fuck I hate it because I never know if they want me to talk to them or not =,(

One time I was doing dips, and I brought a female friend that day. She told me a girl was looking at me. She was... but I just don`t have the guts to talk to her. Or any other girl at the gym... it`s just a weird place to talk to. FUCK.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We call him Charles Glass...Some lame ass freshman that comes into the gym everyday with a new "recruit" for his obsurd training methods. He's a scrawny little bastard that always wheres tight pink shirts. He brings new people in to workout with and will spend hours training arms. Literally everything you could ever imagine, one leg tri extensions, curls on the bosu balls, curls from every angle on the cables, kickbacks while lying on your stomach. And the whole time he will be explaining exactly which part of the muscle is going to experience insane growth because of this cock-eyed movement they are performing. Never a compound lift and yet looking for max growth...

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The following replies are just freaking hilarious to read, epecially the quote...."YO DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWG whats up dude ? MY MAAAAAAAN, it has been so long, let`s go drink tonight bitch, yeah... let`s get LAID" And everything else is just amazingly funny. I should add to this list again. I really hate the part when the men take their showers and they walk out naked like they think they're the only one in the world, or that they own the gym or something. And when I say naked, I mean completely naked, down to their sacks....I'm like "C'mon, this isn't a 'Frolic in the flowers' kind of atmosphere where you can freely walk around naked'' Seeing a guy naked before you work out isn't a great start to your motivational lift either. But anyways, keep going with the replies, I'm really getting a kick out of this thread:bowroflarms:

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
guys doin the leg press machine wit like 10 plates on each side and goin down 4 inchs that really gets me pissed off

ding ding. Also, douchebag trainer at my gym. This little kid who watches everything I do then when I say hello he freaks and turns his head. There is also this guy who comes and hammer curls (swings with all momentum) 100s:bowroflarms: The guy also does leg extensions with the whole stack with a 4 inch ROM. He cracks me up but gets really annoying.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PPL that see you using a bench or machine then steal it when you grab a drink etc

PPl that lift extremely light weights and still feel the urge to breath and moan like crazy

ppl that sit and stare at you working out....fuck do something you turds!

kids that come into the gym and swing off the cables and shit

and of course the gym know it all....usually some skinny punk or fat ass tellin everyone how to lift.

* Add the stinky guy that spreads the stank across the entire gym....hes my favourite

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not true, sometimes it just comes out. Try putting 500lbs on your back and see if you come up without making a noise. If you lift light then maybe you dont understand. I dont scream at the top of my lungs, but if I am doing a heavy set noise does come out.

I agree a 100% im loud on my heavy lifts, it justs comes out and to be honest it seems to help :)....i just hate the guys doing like 25lbs incline presses moaning and groaning like there doing the 130's.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree a 100% im loud on my heavy lifts, it justs comes out and to be honest it seems to help :)....i just hate the guys doing like 25lbs incline presses moaning and groaning like there doing the 130's.

Have you thought that maybe to them 25lbs is the same as 130lbs to you ?

Just a thought. I might be crazy.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^Yea, you've got a point there. I have a relatively weak incline but it still feels as though I need to grunt in order to get it up once in a while.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no i dont....25lbs was a bad example i guess take tonight for example i seen a guy doing 15lb db flat press like way to ez practically throwing the db's and he still breathes heavy and grunts....there is a difference trust me. I think there told by there trainer to breath so they take it to the next level so everyone can hear them breathing lol

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I bet others think its annoying when my pre-workout meal starts stirring up in my belly and I crop dust the entire free weight section :linedrunk:

ordinary

ordinary

LOL... hey bro, but better to crop dust than to have your ass explode on the way down on a squat. I guess you could say that's the same as grunting... I don't know, maybe it helps.:dunnodude:

What about... Planet Fitness... any of ya'll know about these gyms? They have a "Lunk" alarm. It's a big siren they blast if someone grunts, drops weights, breaths, lifts weights, you get the picture. LAME! They also call themselves the "no judgement zone" and when I walk in, they're like... you don't wanna workout here... we don't cater to bodybuilders. Seems a bit judgmental because all bodybuilder grunt and drop weights?!?!

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
The employees :ihavesandinmyvagina

99% of them should be put to a retirement home....gah!

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^I hear yeah, when I first got started with my gym, I would ask my trainer some questions and he wouldn't even know what the hell I was talking about. However, he did suggest that I go on weight gainers and creatine and bascially have a supplement diet.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"Bicep Boys"

I work out at a university gym; it's usually a busy place. Despite the vast amounts of people who come to the weight room, I usually one see ONE person squat regularly (with good form.) As for the rest.....

Sleeveless T-shirts, wife-beaters, and lots of heavHO! type curls........

What, did squatting go out of fashion?

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Did not read any responses, just wanted to add balance balls if they were not already mentioned - especially those people that think that the only right way to train is on a balance ball - the piss me off.

bb4life

bb4life

Did not read any responses, just wanted to add balance balls if they were not already mentioned - especially those people that think that the only right way to train is on a balance ball - the piss me off.

I hate that too. I also hate people that talk more than work out, people who join the gym and just use the treadmill, and big huge juiced up guys that think their the shit, but lift sissy weights and won't do any tough compound excersizes.