• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So how was the reunion?

Yes, you OWN that bench!!

Q80_Musclehed

Q80_Musclehed

i like reading ur log man .. it's like reading a story of Warrior going to his war :) ..

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I stand at the backdoor of my house gazing over my equipment. Power rack, bench, barbells, dumbbells, thick handles, Olympic plates, standard plates, some rusty plates I’d found on rubbish collection day, and some rope.

All just waiting for me.

All just absolutely saturated as the rain pelts down at an angle to reach under the patio.

A warrior of iron would forge on.

Who am I kidding; I’m a middle class, intellectual, white boy. Back inside, it can wait for better weather tomorrow or Saturday.

Q80_Musclehed

Q80_Musclehed

LMAO .. but great description of warriors man

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So how was the reunion?
I was still on crutches when it happened so I didn't bother.
it's like reading a story of Warrior going to his war
Cheers Q80, you'll get a chuckle from todays then.

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ LMAO. Nice one Tim. Perhaps you'll own that bench someday hey???

Peanut!!

Peanut!!

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LMAO at ur stoy also
thanks for that info man god t hear it from you looking forward to hearing reading learning alot from you and seeing your thoughts on this board!
next time you'll lift it and lift more than ever, just to punich for ur lack of it this week so psych up! only a few days until u can get ready for iit!!LD

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your log is very creative Tim. I enjoy reading it.

:2:

TrueOutlaw

TrueOutlaw

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
Who am I kidding; I’m a middle class, intellectual, white boy. Back inside, it can wait for better weather tomorrow or Saturday.
:49: :49: :49: :49: :49:

so you workout at night sometimes? if so how late

btw cool log bro

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so you workout at night sometimes? if so how late
Its winter here so the late afternoon workout is on dusk. Basically I workout after work, and I have to do longer days leading up to finishing my thesis.

I don't really workout at night, but just as it gets dark, I couldn't workout late evening, couldn't sleep after that.
Your log is very creative Tim. I enjoy reading it.
Cheers Flex!
LMAO at ur stoy also
Thanks Peanut!
LMAO. Nice one Tim.
You too Evo, thanks!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice log Tim! A story every time! :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice log Tim! A story every time!
Cheers Rocky. You gonna have a log? Will it include what you have to do with the police training?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After my wuss-out due to a spot of rain (25mm) I finally did my second leg workout of the week. My "days off" involved taking our dog for a walk. My dog is so much tougher than me, rain, hail, or shine she wants her walk to the park to chase the tennis ball. She doesn't jog after that ball either, its flat out run. Prickle in her paw, she'll limp as quick as possible. I strain a hammy and have to get my missus to get the car to pick me up.

But it was time to do deadlifts. Half time at the footy and my team was up, but missing some key players. I had to try and get this workout done as quickly as possible. I dashed outside and started my lighter deads, and then reminded myself to warmup properly. I can still clearly remember the feeling of pulling my hamstring. The first time was running, but then the second time while warming up for deadlifts was the most disconcerting. I can go running without that in the back of my mind, but every rep of every set of deadlifts I can still "feel" that precursor to the tear.

Finally warmed up the weights were feeling good, and had shaken off the "hammy awareness". Then I loaded up for my worksets, and pulled. Hmm, okay pull........ Ok maybe adding 5kg was too much this week! I decided to get dinkum and at least get 3-4reps rather than the 5 I have been doing. Just have to use the same weight again next week and do the 4x5. Once I'd reset the bar cleared easily for all four sets.

I have a new love. I have discovered a love for a few new leg exercises that I never used to perform. The newest is Bulgarian squats. THe next time a get a free gym trial I am doing these on the busiest day/time. Just to see what gets said. I did hammy curls as an antagonist to this, and I'm starting to pick holes in advice. I read an article on T-nation about exercises that should be replaced, calling hammy curls dorky and not as productive as SLDL's. I only half agree as I have made a lot of progress on SLDL's and am finally hitting the hammys hard with this exercise. THe hammy curl, well it has remained shit for so long. Clearly that chunk of tendon and the scar tissue really limits me here, so I keep hammering it. I'll fix that flaw!

I had the TV on to watch the second half between sets, and my beloved team was playing poorly. I took it out on my calves! Seated with the bar across my knees I went way beyond a standard calf set, again and again. Note to self: Don't train while footy team is losing again.

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Another good read Tim...I take it the footy team lost!! Sounds like you had a good one despite holding back on the curls. Are you holding back because of an injury that happened a while ago or was this recent?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Another good read Tim...I take it the footy team lost!! Sounds like you had a good one despite holding back on the curls. Are you holding back because of an injury that happened a while ago or was this recent?
Nothing to do with holding back. They took a graft from my hamstring to fix my knee, and it has really lagged in getting stronger. Plus I strained it twice due to the weakness and residual scar tissue from the operation.

I can SLDL fine but the curl just doesn't seem to get past a point. I've tried a few methods and plan to try a couple more. The good leg is so far ahead in hammy strength, so I don't want to leave the right leg behind or I'll end up with back, hip, and knee problems in the long term.

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just discovered the Dogs Log and saw your log up here and clicked on it. Am i glad i did because i totally love your log. True insigh and motivational and it seems like i was there. Awsome and hope to read more everyday.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A new week starts with the promise of rain, which becomes rain, which becomes gloomy. Combine that with a boat load of stress and you get one of the slowest workouts I've done in ages.

I knew the weather for this week was going to be rain, and then a bit more rain. So I had to suck it up and train in the rain and just try to keep my olympic bar dry. Due to the "everything's wet" I decided to do OH presses seated for a change. Now I knew there would be a strength difference, but I warmed up with my standing work weight! This inspired me to stand around between sets trying to avoid pullups, the plates were all wet and covered in a little bit of muddy dirt that I was going to have to tie to myself. This was the longest antagonist pairing I've done, short of the time at a university gym when I had to load my squat bar up every set after someone would come along and unload it (once another trainee, once a gym cleaner putting plates away).

Eventually I moved on to incline bench and incline db rows. Normally I'm breathing hard and have to lay on the bench to compose myself to be able to do the rows prone. Wasn't a problem today, this workout was nearing a third of completition and had just cracked the hour mark. It was pure will for bigger arms that made me finish the workout without skipping curls and skull crushers. Also did my new lateral ext for the shoulders again. These puppys are light at 10kg but at 12kg they become hard to keep the form together. I'm still learning on this one so I can expect improvements here.

I can expect to have more demotivated, stressed out, shitty days until I hand in my thesis. That means my workouts will likely suffer more than just time warps. Guess I should spend more time writting it instead of on the internet...........

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I come in here and read stories, nice touch you have to your log man, I actually rather enjoy it. Keep this up man

Amped

Amped

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tim everytine I read this log it is like a new story very awesome!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cheers guys.

I was thinking of reverting as the other is easier and less time consuming. But I'll keep writing for the moment.