• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No. She doesn't like the idea of me taking the sort of photos you mean Jorn! Let alone posting them on the web.

I'll take the pics this arvo and post either later today or tomorrow.

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you upped the intensity Tim well done but i wouldnt expect anything less lol its shit that it rained just be glad you dont live in England though we have about 9 wet months a year

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This shold be me talking about my deadlift and bulgarian squat day. Nuts to that. I've spent enough time writing recently.:tear:

Here are my legs two weeks after surgery:
post+op+knee.JPG

Here are my legs one year on:
New%20legs.JPG

Basically the post-surgery photo has my left leg at roughly 23 inch with 15 inch calves. These are rough measures as I didn't measure them at the same time as the photo and I continued to lose muscle and size. The right leg you couldn't actually see the muscle tense due to the amount of atrophy.

In the new photo my legs are 25.5 inch thigh, 16.5 inch calf. The thighs are roughly the same size, but the main difference is at the VMO where there is a half inch difference. My legs prior to injury were 26 inch.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some exercise pics;
Chin1.jpg

Dip1.jpg

I have some of me squatting and overhead squatting from a few months back if anyone is interested.

Peanut!!

Peanut!!

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey tim thanks for the pics but i cant see em?:S

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The photo's work for me to.

J

jornT

Dude, you look like Arnold :eek5wavey:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to see some pics up in here. Look pretty good - big arms! Nice little set up you've got there in the garden too! Hardcore! :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice little set up you've got there in the garden too! Hardcore!
The only thing you can't see is the rain in those pics.

Stuff I have;
Power rack dad and I built.
Bench from trading magazine, that was strengthened, came with chrome standard bar.
Black standard plates 140kg.
Black dumbbell plates and spin lock collar dumbbells, my first weights ~50kg. They'd be 15 yrs old!
Blue standard plates 43kg, found on verge rubbish collection day, when walking the dog.
Thick handle 2 inch (for rows and wrist), two thick handles with rope 2.5 inch.
Loading chains, rope, skipping rope, spring collars.
180kg Olympic bar and weights.

I want (and will probably make);
Two or three kegs of various weights.
Adjustable box.
Cable row/tree.
Plate loaded gripper.
Proper weight tree.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeh your set up is good the pic of your knee looks quite bad glad you have made a full recovery and are back doing what you love

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for sharing the pics Tim. Dang, that knee op looked pretty gruesome mate, but what a recovery! Can't even see any scarring.

Superb set up you have too. I had these notions of how you were training from your log, the environment etc and I wasn't far off. You really do put in some serious effort mate and to get up and get outside everytime to put yourself through a session is really good, especially in winter time! Come to think of it, I've never had a workout outside. Do you have your kit outside through choice or as a neccessity?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Evo it is kinda both choice and necessity. There isn't any room for it inside the house, and I want to train at home, and have the equipment which needs to go somewhere. I do have to drag the olympic bar inside everytime, as I don't want the bearings in the rotating sleeves to seize up.

The next place I live in would be great to have a shed for everything. The best place I trained was a shearing shed (as far as at home goes). That was great as I had an old combine harvester tire to flip, could do log lifts, etc.

Thanks Football! The knee wasn't a standard ACL repair, had other stuff damaged as well (mensicus, PCL, MCL). So it was great just to be mobile again, let alone squatting, running, etc.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The week has been hectic. I do some writing, some more analysing, a bit more writing, then meetings to explain what I've been doing. It all takes it out of me.

Then I head to my rack, my glowing aperitif of training solace. Sometimes its a chore, sometimes its hard work, but mostly it is my release.
That stupid woman who cut you off in traffic = one more shoulder press.
The supervisor who just won't listen to logic = getting my chin over the bar when I can't pull anymore.
The current affairs TV shows = the extra set I know I should do for chest and back.
The lack of intelligence of the media = belting my arms that are already tired.
The insults that Admin leveled at me = finishing the workout dripping in sweat on a cold day.

I'm not Hercules, nor Adonis, but I'm travelling the path there. If I don't reach the destination, I'll still be further ahead than those that never started the journey.

Now where's my PWO shake?

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Herakles you may not be yet, Adonis you may not be yet, but you have the acumen of Daedalus. You are an intelligent being Tim, always making something out of nothing, always pushing your boundries with new concepts. A master engineer of your surroundings mate. If ever I got lost in the outback, I'd could wish for nothing more than to be lost with you, because I know we'd make it back!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't leave any sharp objects around me, my head might pop!

Cheers guys!

I'm going to change my routine up to three days full body. I've got a bit too much work to be doing as much as I have been. Four days plus swimming and plyos just isn't going to happen while I finish writing. I'll post up the new routine soon as I figure it out.

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like your out look on extra sets and reps I might try it, hard training mate keep it up

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Look forward to seeing the new routine you've devised for yourself.