• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Trainings frequency

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Definitely. Lactic acid clears very soon, much sooner than people think. Drop in blood pH and bam you've got LA.

Nice addition.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Definitely. Lactic acid clears very soon, much sooner than people think. Drop in blood pH and bam you've got LA.

Nice addition.

It's been known for ages now that the "lactic acid" has nothing to do with DOMS. But that is a great study though, Robergs is one of the leading researchers in metabolic acidosis, the last line of that study is something that should be read until it seeps in.

But furthermore, there are a TON of misconceptions related to "lactic acid", depending on the context, stating that as soon as you've got LA could be a bit misleading. For example, did you know that sitting here right now, your testes are using lactate as a substrate for energy? Lactate is something i've taught about in an intro to exercise phys class, I'd be happy to go over it in another thread.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
some great info on here !!! thanks guys :tiphat:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lactate is something i've taught about in an intro to exercise phys class, I'd be happy to go over it in another thread.
Please do.

I was fascinated with the idea that lactate actually promotes signal strength of nerve pulses through the muscles when fatigued.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll try and make that thread early next week, lets say tuesday when I have some more free time. It's gonna take a while to type it all out.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow this turned out in a great thread. Thanks for that guys :xyxthumbs:

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Most has been cover with great details and research behind it,

but im still interested in hearing more about it from other peoples views

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like more frequent training like ub/lb or fb. from my personal experience it just feels better and it made me grow better as well. I had to get used to it before since I trained split only but now I would not change it back very quick. On the other hand it depends on someones experience level. Imo someone whos an elite level lifter could benefid more from split type training than a novice/intermediate. Ub/lb or fb routine are a bit more tricky to create. Peopel tend to overdo things which is not needed. Simplify and win!

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is something im getting ready to do

Monday: Quads & Calves
Tuesday: Chest & Biceps
Wednesday: Back & Triceps & forearms
Thursday: Shoulders & Hamstrings
Friday: OFF
Saturday: Repeat
Sunday:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is something im getting ready to do

Monday: Quads & Calves
Tuesday: Chest & Biceps
Wednesday: Back & Triceps & forearms
Thursday: Shoulders & Hamstrings
Friday: OFF
Saturday: Repeat
Sunday:

I dunno if your on "sups" or something otherwise I find it a bit much. I would go for 3 days on 1 off at the max. Or you could try an upper/lower body split 4 days a week.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dunno if your on "sups" or something otherwise I find it a bit much. I would go for 3 days on 1 off at the max. Or you could try an upper/lower body split 4 days a week.

How would the upperbody/lower body routine look?.
Supps will be added in time,
but im still trying to figure a routine out that will include enough rest with days off and not over training.

Back to the drawing board, ill definitely try 3 on/ 1 off

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Epic thread is epic. I want to salute everybody here for making all of us more cultured. Thank you from the deep and dark corners of my soul.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I started to add my 2c, but it ended up so rambling that I deleted it. Good thread though.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
In terms of soreness I get sore from every training i do although training fullbody makes the soreness easier to negotiate then training 1 bodypart a week. I cant imagine going back to squats,lunges, leg curls, good mornings/stiffies, calf raises all in the one session because it used to make my legs sore and pretty hard to walk/ take a Boris from 2 days after to 5 or even 7 days after. This in turn made going for a walk, making love, working, taking a dump and even coming back to the gym to do other bodyparts less fun for me.

Also id found when doing splitts in the past (1 day a week bodyparts) my strength increases would be random(i was less likely to find a groove, which inturn caused me to pick exercises that i shouldnt of been doing, that id never do just so i could say i did a pb.)So splitts created a false level of progression for me. Where as doing full body and practicing the same movements 2 or 3 times a week(heavy,light and moderate days) my increase in strength was/is a lot more constant. So instead of saying "yes new pb on smith machine one legged one arm rows"(like i would after splitt training) I was saying "my bench has increased by 2.5kgs every session using the same ammount of reps."

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How would the upperbody/lower body routine look?.
Supps will be added in time,
but im still trying to figure a routine out that will include enough rest with days off and not over training.

Back to the drawing board, ill definitely try 3 on/ 1 off

Imo peopel tend to think a bit too much in muscle groups instead of movements which is imo way more functional. A basic UB/LB routine would be something like this

Upper:
Bench/BB or DB
Row
Incl Bench/MP
Chin/Pull ups
Biceps
Triceps

Lower:
Squat/DL
RDL/Leg Curl
FSQ/Leg Presses
Another ham exercises
Calves

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In terms of soreness I get sore from every training i do although training fullbody makes the soreness easier to negotiate then training 1 bodypart a week. I cant imagine going back to squats,lunges, leg curls, good mornings/stiffies, calf raises all in the one session because it used to make my legs sore and pretty hard to walk/ take a Boris from 2 days after to 5 or even 7 days after. This in turn made going for a walk, making love, working, taking a dump and even coming back to the gym to do other bodyparts less fun for me.

Also id found when doing splitts in the past (1 day a week bodyparts) my strength increases would be random(i was less likely to find a groove, which inturn caused me to pick exercises that i shouldnt of been doing, that id never do just so i could say i did a pb.)So splitts created a false level of progression for me. Where as doing full body and practicing the same movements 2 or 3 times a week(heavy,light and moderate days) my increase in strength was/is a lot more constant. So instead of saying "yes new pb on smith machine one legged one arm rows"(like i would after splitt training) I was saying "my bench has increased by 2.5kgs every session using the same ammount of reps."
:2:

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Imo peopel tend to think a bit too much in muscle groups instead of movements which is imo way more functional. A basic UB/LB routine would be something like this

Upper:
Bench/BB or DB
Row
Incl Bench/MP
Chin/Pull ups
Biceps
Triceps

Lower:
Squat/DL
RDL/Leg Curl
FSQ/Leg Presses
Another ham exercises
Calves

I Might Give UB/LB A try later in the year,

I currently put this together
5 days aweek with 2 days off
3days on
1 day off
2 days on
1 day off

Monday: Chest
tuesday: Back
Wednesday: Shoulders
Thursday: Off
Friday: Quads
Saturday:chest
Sunday: off

So The following Monday would be a Back workout

With the include of FST-7 on my weak points.
But my question is
how often can the FST-7 be used doing the week?

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i do a both ub/lb and split

something like this:

day 1 ub
day 2 lb
day 3-off
day 4-chest,back
day5-legs
day 6-arms,shoulders

it´s fun and i like it and you get that frequency

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
To D. and anyone interested.

My UB/LB routine 2x a week is organized as follows:

mon: ub
tue: lb
wed: off
thu: ub
fri: lb
sat: off
sun: off

It's that way to fit better with my job (i work more hours on wednesdays). anyway it has the advantage that there are at least two days with at least one off between sessions of the same bodyparts.
Missing sessions here and there due to schedule reasons (trips, meetings or conferences in my case) is not that catastrophic because if you manage to train two days at least you've trained your whole body that week, not biceps and delts only or shit like that. That's a point to consider.
If you miss, say thrsday you always can do a fullbody session on friday and keep the "twice-a-week" or do ub and start with lb the next monday.

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im a big Fullbody routine enthusiast, it just works... practically, and physically it really leaves me more time ordinary life things. I still end up with results better than most people in my gym who do 5-6 days splits 20-30 sets a bodypart. (could be diet too)

I also prepare most of my food in advance so i really save some time

monday - cook
tuesday - FB
wednesday - off
thursday FB
Friday - cook
Saturday - FB
sunday -off

each session revolves around a big lift (Squat, Bench, Deadlift) which is usually the first exercise i do, always shooting for progressive overload on the heavy multijoint exercises. Finish off with some static stretches afterwards and im good to go. No DOMS ever.