• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Who was the best and most deserving Mr.Olympia?

• Thread starter Mr.Olympia 2008
  • Start date

Who was the best and most deserving Mr.Olympia?

• Total voters
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Charisma alone should not be what wins contests. He may have looked great, but if you look at the 1980 Mr. O line-up (Which included Zane, Dickerson, Demayo, Mentzer, and Coe) you can't honestly tell me Arnold deserved to win that contest. If you think any different you need your eyes checked.

I've watched Total Rebuild and I've looked over the pictures from the show many times and although I admit Arnold wasn't at his best I still believed he won on his own merits. With his posing, charisma and 1-in-a-million physique he was still the best on the day. I'm honestly not just sucking his dick here. My second favourite BB'er is probably Franco and I'll be the first to admit 1 of his wins was a dubious decision. My eyes are working quite fine as well thankyou very much. :tiphat:

Also I'll never back Ronnie as "The Best" because I don't think being the biggest freak is the same thing. His earlier wins were definitely deserved but as soon as he started to lose that aesthetic physique and started just winning on freak points I think he did more damage to the sport than good. I'm not trying to diss the bloke here either Ronnie fans, its just my opinion. :ughnoes:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dorian rasied the bar for mass (before his injuries), Ronnie cemented the top of the game for sheer mass and condition (beforeinjuries) and Anrnold transported the sport into the public eye like no one else had done or has done since. All were deservinbg but all won highly controversial wins during their reign.

Despite the fact I love all 3 Pain said what I was going to - Lee Hanye had it all, and arguably none of his wins could be contended as being gifts and when you consider his amount of wins still hasn't been surpssed that's no mean feat. And he retired unbeaten (once he had gained the crown).

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dorian rasied the bar for mass (before his injuries), Ronnie cemented the top of the game for sheer mass and condition (beforeinjuries) and Anrnold transported the sport into the public eye like no one else had done or has done since. All were deservinbg but all won highly controversial wins during their reign.

Despite the fact I love all 3 Pain said what I was going to - Lee Hanye had it all, and arguably none of his wins could be contended as being gifts and when you consider his amount of wins still hasn't been surpssed that's no mean feat. And he retired unbeaten (once he had gained the crown).

nicely said:xyxthumbs:

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Went with Haney on this one.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
when the word RONNIE comes to my mind, i think in sacrifice and hard work, so it goes to big ron

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ronnie coleman without question. i mean come on. even arnold called him the greatest ever.

arnold is the most important bodybuilder ever, however ronnie is the greatest

B

Batmanx007

A lot of people say Arnold, but I don't really agree. Arnold's shape was very strange, that's why in most of his poses he's twisting his torso to look more symmetrical. He was kind of blocky. I'd have to say in terms of cleanest lines and overall shape, it would have to be Zane, and 2000 Coleman. BTW Larry Scott would have to be the father of modern bodybuilding.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats your opinion bro

that's the point of this thread, to state your opinion, bro.

there is no factual evidence that any bodybuilder is better than another.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
dont start this again bro... there is no such thing as factual evidence when comparing bodybuilders... there are only subjective points of view.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

True, but I also agree with your opinion that you posted below :2:

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky>> to my knowledge none of Ronnie's victories were controversial :dunnodude:

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When Arnold was announced as the winner in 1980 the audience wasn't exactly happy. this can be heard in the original footage from that contest. In the Total Rebuild tape this was dubbed over with some commentary I think.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Duality

dont start this again bro... there is no such thing as factual evidence when comparing bodybuilders... there are only subjective points of view.

department of redundancy department

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
you really are an idiot.

You always say shit like 'theres no evidence blah blah blah im a shitcunt blah'

i was saying that theres no such thing as factual evidence when comparing bodybuilders you daft dickhead.

if you didnt have your head up your arse all the time youd realise the difference.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Kiss and make up, kids.

P

Pain

VIP
This isn't a popularity contest, Ronnie had a few controversial wins while Lee Haney didn't.

thicknasty

thicknasty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I say Haney was the most dominant, because he dominated from every aspect of how the sport is judged (aesthetics, muscularity, conditioning). Though Ronnie and Dorian hung with the mass monsters and the freaky shredded guys, they didn't hang with the shawn rays and the flex wheelers of their time in regards to aesthetics. Haney hung with everybody in every regard. And on top of holding an olympia record of 8 wins, Haney retired at only 32 years old, he probably had another 5 or 6 years to rein supreme if had chosen to. It would have been interesting to see what would have transpired had he kept compteting through out the rise of Dorian in the early 90's though. Even if Dorian had beat'n him in the following years of Haney's retirement, Haney started his Olympia domination at only 25 years old, how else has done that? Now a days you're lucky if you even turn pro by 25 years old, ala Phil Heath and Even Centipani.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky>> to my knowledge none of Ronnie's victories were controversial :dunnodude:

Maybe so, but he was still one of the few Mr 'O's to be legitimately beaten and lose the crown and his 4th place was a definate gift last year.