• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Who was the best and most deserving Mr.Olympia?

• Thread starter Mr.Olympia 2008
  • Start date

Who was the best and most deserving Mr.Olympia?

• Total voters
Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I say Haney was the most dominant, because he dominated from every aspect of how the sport is judged (aesthetics, muscularity, conditioning). Though Ronnie and Dorian hung with the mass monsters and the freaky shredded guys, they didn't hang with the shawn rays and the flex wheelers of their time in regards to aesthetics. Haney hung with everybody in every regard. And on top of holding an olympia record of 8 wins, Haney retired at only 32 years old, he probably had another 5 or 6 years to rein supreme if had chosen to. It would have been interesting to see what would have transpired had he kept compteting through out the rise of Dorian in the early 90's though. Even if Dorian had beat'n him in the following years of Haney's retirement, Haney started his Olympia domination at only 25 years old, how else has done that? Now a days you're lucky if you even turn pro by 25 years old, ala Phil Heath and Even Centipani.

Good post.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you really are an idiot.

You always say shit like 'theres no evidence blah blah blah im a shitcunt blah'

i was saying that theres no such thing as factual evidence when comparing bodybuilders you daft dickhead.

if you didnt have your head up your arse all the time youd realise the difference.

:49:.........:hay:

don't get too mad there, just change your tampon and move on! go jam out to some killer sweet metal tunes or something!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I say Haney was the most dominant, because he dominated from every aspect of how the sport is judged (aesthetics, muscularity, conditioning). Though Ronnie and Dorian hung with the mass monsters and the freaky shredded guys, they didn't hang with the shawn rays and the flex wheelers of their time in regards to aesthetics. Haney hung with everybody in every regard. And on top of holding an olympia record of 8 wins, Haney retired at only 32 years old, he probably had another 5 or 6 years to rein supreme if had chosen to. It would have been interesting to see what would have transpired had he kept compteting through out the rise of Dorian in the early 90's though. Even if Dorian had beat'n him in the following years of Haney's retirement, Haney started his Olympia domination at only 25 years old, how else has done that? Now a days you're lucky if you even turn pro by 25 years old, ala Phil Heath and Even Centipani.

that is true. haney was a very impressive and easily the most aesthitic of the "dominant" Mr. O's. i still think ronnie is the greatest, but it is very close and i see how one could make the arguement haney is better.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
:49:.........:hay:

don't get too mad there, just change your tampon and move on! go jam out to some killer sweet metal tunes or something!

you are honestly one of the most retarded people ive ever had to deal with. i hope for braaq's sake you have at least basic cognitive skills, face to face.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you are honestly one of the most retarded people ive ever had to deal with. i hope for braaq's sake you have at least basic cognitive skills, face to face.

have fun being your ugly fat little self! and don't talk to me anymore and i will do the same! cheers you silly chubby hardcore rocker! :wave: :hsughr:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
you really are retarded. every word you say just solidifies everyones view of you

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
btw... sorry pain for hijacking the thread

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
id say Dorian had to be one of the least deserving.. especially when you consider the talent he was against. he just looks like plain shit compared to Kevin, Shawn, Flex and others.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

In person he is a really cool guy, the type that makes friends with everyone he meets. Which is how at 19 he is one of my best friends here, I just think you two got off on a bad start. Also, it is a forum with typed out comments without knowing how the actual tone of a given message is meant to be portrayed.
If you two don't like each other that is understandable, so I just suggest you guys stop responding to each others comments. I like both you guys on here and do not want to be pulled on any side or caught in the middle. :tiphat:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I agree that i would probs get on with him face to face. but on here is another story :gaygay:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
You guys need to kiss and make-out. I don't mean make-up, I mean make-out, tongue and all. :gaygay:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
id say Dorian had to be one of the least deserving.. especially when you consider the talent he was against. he just looks like plain shit compared to Kevin, Shawn, Flex and others.

+10 :2:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Arnold is bodybuilding, Ronnie was the most developed bb ever so...

this one goes to...

Arnold

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In person he is a really cool guy, the type that makes friends with everyone he meets. Which is how at 19 he is one of my best friends here, I just think you two got off on a bad start. Also, it is a forum with typed out comments without knowing how the actual tone of a given message is meant to be portrayed.
If you two don't like each other that is understandable, so I just suggest you guys stop responding to each others comments. I like both you guys on here and do not want to be pulled on any side or caught in the middle. :tiphat:

:keke:

I am gonna have to go with ronnie.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have to agree with you. Very well said!

B

Batmanx007

Really good post

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Great post and point but if you don't mind I want to comment it in:

- Yeah, Haney dominated the sport from every angle, but so did Ronnie in 98-99 or Dorian in 92. If fact, Haney was the mass monster of his time, he was the best in an era size wasn't THAT important. He didn't have to choose between freaky mass and aesthethics.

Haney won for the first time at 25, Arnold did at 23.

Haney wouldn't have beat 1993 (and maybe nor 1992) Dorian Yates. No way in hell. Don't get me wrong, Haney deserves IMO at least 6 of his 8 Olympias, if not 7, but for some reason he doens't WOW me as Arnold or Ronnie did.

IMHO Levrone 97, Flex 93 look two times better than Haney (much respect for him, I repeat) but they were born 5-10 years too late.

Anyway, GREAT post.:xyxthumbs: