• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Worst Movie This Year?

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Journey to the center of the earth.
The weakest of the weak, just so bad.
It causes a feeling of pity for the actors, strange.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
10,000 B.C.
Jumper
Indy IV
Nights in Rodanthe
You Don't Mess with the Zohan
The Forbidden Kingdom
Baby Mama
Prom Night

brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
prom night . worst movie ever.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This was actually a wide-released film by Warner Bros. I had to review it. santafrown
I think you're thinking of 10,000 B.C.

I'm referring to 100 Million B.C., which was released by the Asylum. It's a ripoff of 10,000 B.C.

Both movies sucked.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I forgot to put that in my list, but yes it was terrible.

I'm glad it was only 50 cents and Bob paid for it when I came back on leave haha.

Do you remember seeing it at Coventry? I was kind of confused as to why you watched it again recently, especially considering after seeing it once in July should be the most one person should ever have to stand that movie.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

All those parody movies. They sucked a lot of donkey cock.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Step Brothers only pwns if you have the maturity of a 15 year old.

:xmashsughdunno:

i can't even begin to understand how you can put this movie as one of the worst of the year. i have several relatives who are highly intelligent that found it very funny, not to mention blake who's maturity is quite beyond that of a 15 year old, found it hilarious. this was one of will ferrel's best and it was easily one of the best comedies of the year.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i can't even begin to understand how you can put this movie as one of the worst of the year. i have several relatives who are highly intelligent that found it very funny, not to mention blake who's maturity is quite beyond that of a 15 year old, found it hilarious. this was one of will ferrel's best and it was easily one of the best comedies of the year.
I would strongly disagree.

I loved Will Farrell in Old School and Wedding Crashers, but I don't think there's one movie he's starred in that I found good.

I got wasted and watched Step Brothers again, it didn't help one bit because I still found it terrible.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would strongly disagree.

I loved Will Farrell in Old School and Wedding Crashers, but I don't think there's one movie he's starred in that I found good.

I got wasted and watched Step Brothers again, it didn't help one bit because I still found it terrible.

see this is why i think comedies deserve different criteria when being judged. did you like old school even though it wasn't a "good" movie? did you laugh? than why isn't it good? as long as a comedy sets out and completes what it intends to do, make you laugh, shoudn't that be viewed as a successful film? even if the film is ridculously dumb, as long as it makes you laugh (which is the goal of the comedy) it should be deemed a good comedy imo.

and did you really not laugh at step brothers?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
see this is why i think comedies deserve different criteria when being judged. did you like old school even though it wasn't a "good" movie? did you laugh? than why isn't it good? as long as a comedy sets out and completes what it intends to do, make you laugh, shoudn't that be viewed as a successful film? even if the film is ridculously dumb, as long as it makes you laugh (which is the goal of the comedy) it should be deemed a good comedy imo.

and did you really not laugh at step brothers?
Laughter is probably the most fickle of emotional responses and therefore pretty much entirely subjective. Thus, new areas have to be explored in terms of evaluating a comedy's wealth, specifically the set up of its premise and how well it plays off of this grounding. Step Brothers does little aside from glorifying the manchild comic pastiche and overplays it unapologetically. I really don't find any of it funny mainly because it's simply reductive thematic verbatim of Ferrell's other films. It doesn't create funny situations but just relies on the idea of adults cursing in front of their parents as being funny.

P

Pain

VIP
Line, have you ever just watched a movie without analyzing every scene? I guess Being a reviewer must make it hard to just sit back and enjoy a movie.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Line, have you ever just watched a movie without analyzing every scene? I guess Being a reviewer must make it hard to just sit back and enjoy a movie.
Sure, it's just that I saw that comedy and didn't laugh throughout it so then I went back after the fact and tried to figure out why I didn't find it funny. I wasn't breaking it down scene-for-scene during my actual viewing, however, with some films such an approach is necessary. People do underestimate what it takes to review movies though. You're forced to watch films that you'll dislike 90% of the time and then you're forced to write something substantial about them. Seeing something I truly enjoy and being able to review it is a rare treat.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you don't like Step Brothers... one thing to say.. get a sense a humor or STFU :D
Seriously, if you can't find that movie funny then you have issues. I don't have the "maturity of a 15 yr old" and I have watched it several times and love it every time. Unless one is to watch a movie like Line (then god help you :keke:) I cannot see how you would not laugh. :wutyousay:

P

Pain

VIP
I didn't find Step Brothers funny at all. Maybe if I was younger, but it just seemed kinda dumb. I guess its because I am used to British comedy and find that funnier. Also, comedies just arent as funny as 80's or 90's comedies anymore.