• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Things you can't stand in the gym!

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really hate people in the gym that know of nothing they are talking about and try to coach other people, even though I'm not a certified personal trainer or anything I know that "going only about 10 inches down" on squats aren't going to help much. I also don't like the people that go over to the smith machine and load 45 lb plates to do calf raises and then just leave the weight there without putting it back. What things that people do bother you the most in the weightroom?

Last edited by a moderator:
skid9832004

skid9832004

guys doin the leg press machine wit like 10 plates on each side and goin down 4 inchs that really gets me pissed off

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
people that think abs, striations and vascularity can be brought out by a certain exercise rather than fatloss through dieting and cardio

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
people that think abs, striations and vascularity can be brought out by a certain exercise rather than fatloss through dieting and cardio

Agreed. Especially kids in my school that spread that idea.

Them to me: "High reps are for cutting up"

Me, thinking: "I want to kick your face in for every rep you do."
Me, actually saying: "Uh...no. Do some research."

A bunch of kids actually laughed at me for disagreeing with them. I brought in an article proving me right and they pretty much shut up.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
women.

not that im gay or anything but too often if theres a hot girl in the gym i am more inclined to stare, loose concentration, and sometimes if i feel up to it, go over and talk to her or w.e.. it sucks, i loose focus and my workout goes down the shitter. it pisses me off

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
homo :keke:

I hate fat trainers. Who the fuck would go to a fat trainer. IDIOTS... THATS who

BONECRUSHER

BONECRUSHER

People who don't wipe down the bench after using it?

People who hog equipment and talk instead of working out.

People who have invisible lat syndrome (Or what I call the shitty walk)

qweasd1

qweasd1

after doing a really hard set while you fight for breathing and the other idiot is talking to me i was doing barbell rows and he because he didnt know that excercise he thought i wanted to deadlift but i was too ignorant to do them !!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I hate people running around my feet when I'm using a bench or something else at the gym (well acually I hate people running around my feet allround)...anyway I was doing dumbell press and flyes yesterday and an old woman was running around the bench all the time..trying to squeze in between the rack and my bench and looking at what I was doing...so I just asked her if I can help her..

"Yes I wonder if I can borrow that bench when you are done?"
Sure you can I said..but I've just started pretty much..I'm alternating between two exercises you see...then there was 4 benches next to her! no one using them... I figured the reason was the dumbells she was holding was to heavy to move from the bench next to her to the rack...so instead she desided to hold on to the dumbells for 10min and the racking them...her workout was ....15min I guess if you don't count the time she spent looking at me and my friend...then she finished her "workout" with about 20min of stretching her legs with some movements I've never seen before...problobly no one else for the matter.

Another thing I acually told my friend yesterday, was that he has to stop telling me what to do when we are working out. I mean helping me with a forced rep and such is good, thats why I have a training partner if I can.
But if he starts to tell me what to do and how to do it..thats nothing I'm up for.. when I've been training for 7-8 years and he has been training for 3 years asking me how to train. In this case its just how he is though, he tends to want 100% controll even if he's not good for it.

I can bitch around about sh*t like this all day probably...but I wont

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Smug oly lifters... They seem to think they are better than everyone else because they do Olympic lifts :no:

Bodybuilding > Olympic lifting

EOD!

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I cant stand when people are on their cell phones, or reading the paper in between sets. Especially when I am wanting to use whatever they are one, I will go up and tell them that I am taking it because I will get more out of it than them.

Also, I cant stand people who get done up to go to the gym. You shouldnt look pretty, or "fly" to workout.

Guys who do nothing but "bitch" bodyparts like chest and arms every day.

Boyfriends/Husbands who dont know shit about training, instructing their girlfriends/wives on how to train... idiots :no:. Or even worse, when a friend brings in another and tries to teach him how to weight train and has no clue what he is talking about. It pisses me off because he is teaching someone else to train like an idiot.

People not putting their weight up.

Terrible form is a huge pet peeve of mine. 1/4 squats as I call em, 1/2 bench reps, etc.. you guys know all the exercises where guys do terrible form. I just wish they would injure themselves now and get outta the gym.

I have many more things that annoy the hell outta me in the gym but this seems like a good enough list so far.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i cant stand people who smell like rotten ass, i understand that your going to sweat in the gym but commmme'n at least put some deodorant on and brush your teeth, better yet, try a shower for a change... pfff

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i cant stand people who smell like rotten ass, i understand that your going to sweat in the gym but commmme'n at least put some deodorant on and brush your teeth, better yet, try a shower for a change... pfff

I 2nd that, I forgot to add this one to my long list :keke: Nothing is worse when a guy stinks up an area with B.O., also passing gas is one thing. But if your letting some off that makes it so that me and everyone in the vascinity cannot breathe, then you need to take your ass to the rest room!

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
teens groups doing bench press and doing like 10 sets and doing like 1-3 reps. that really bugs me

Soccer/football players doing bench press and arms every god damn day. often trying to max bench, the most stupid thing i´ve seen

fat ppl walking on treadmill, hey fatty try to run and you might even loose a pound. also ppl who pedal really slow on the bike, hate that

average joe, coming every 3rd day or weekends and doing the same thing and they ask why ain´t i gaining muscle, hmm i wonder why

powerlifters: 2 guys training partners talk for like 10 mins and then do a set, i really hate that when i´m waiting to do my squat. they do it mostly on squats, damn irritating.

bad form is number 1 i hate. half squat,1/4 of a squat, 1/4 rep on bench press, pullups going an inch down and then back up

th3darkmarket

th3darkmarket

People screaming at the top of their lungs doing reps. I can understand maybe a grunt or two when going to failure but starting out with a King Kong mating call is ridiculous.

TM817

TM817

:jerkoff1:The Sunday morning coffee and newspaper jerkoffs! It,s bad enough my gym opens at 8 am on Sun. Then ya gotta deal w/ these gyes just standing around bullshiting and drinking coffee. They should just go to a diner!

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
People screaming at the top of their lungs doing reps. I can understand maybe a grunt or two when going to failure but starting out with a King Kong mating call is ridiculous.

Not true, sometimes it just comes out. Try putting 500lbs on your back and see if you come up without making a noise. If you lift light then maybe you dont understand. I dont scream at the top of my lungs, but if I am doing a heavy set noise does come out.