Excessive coffee
Your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Excessive coffee

Coffee has caffeine which makes us alert. Excessive coffee can make us hyper. Maybe that is the reason why some training coaches warn athletes against drinking coffee while on training because it interferes with the natural flow of strength. When the body goes hyper, it is like revving the engine so the fuel is consumed faster. In effect, stamina loses stability.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Banned bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Excessive coffee

I have tried again and again to cut back, and it is not even the caffeine I don't think but just the taste and the warmth at this point. Either way though it is a tough habit to break but I am still trying.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation jp1234's Avatar
    Height
    6'1/2"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

I Love my Coffee ~ has to be Black ~ No Sugar.

It's how I start my day ~ something about sitting there and contemplating the day ahead.

And I can Literally have some Coffee, even Late at Night, and go right to Sleep without a Problem.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation johnjohn's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by jp1234 View Post
    I Love my Coffee ~ has to be Black ~ No Sugar.

It's how I start my day ~ something about sitting there and contemplating the day ahead.

And I can Literally have some Coffee, even Late at Night, and go right to Sleep without a Problem.
    I'm with you %100 gotta have the coffee straight up every morning before work. It's just routine now and if I don't get my coffee in me it makes for a shitty day

GrAnabolic.is

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation CRobin's Avatar
    Height
    6'0
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Nothing like a good cup of coffee to jump start the day haha

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation to7update's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Coffee is a drug, but there are worse. I am lucky enough not to like the taste, so I am not a coffee addict, but whenever I have a competition I drink a cup lol, it's my legal doping.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Coffee is a power engineer. But like all energies, coffee increases the load on the heart, and you also give yourself a load on the heart during training. This can lead to the fact that you will ruin your heart too soon.

Banned bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I rarely take coffee but I have experienced the spike of energy associated with its intake. This is bolstered by the fact that coffee is taken with sugar. However, I find nothing to cause alarm with regard to caffeine addiction as long as you don't take excess sugar which has recently been proven to adversely affect the kidneys.

Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

it's all about the caffeine and its a stimulant so it must be cycled on and off for it to be effective

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I am a social drinker lol for coffee and tea. I drink occasionally but when I do I indulge and its no longer a cup but a mug.

However, I can't be addicted! Caffeine makes your heart beat faster and can be dangerous while doing cardio.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Pharmacom View Post
    Coffee is a power engineer. But like all energies, coffee increases the load on the heart, and you also give yourself a load on the heart during training. This can lead to the fact that you will ruin your heart too soon.
    This is true, but also makes us consume water faster I believe, at least once I had coffee before a match on a really warm day, and I dehydrated way faster. It can go both ways really for me, enhance or decrease how I feel.

Junior Member bodybuilding reputation gymfun11's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Love my coffee without sugar. I figure a cup of Joe is better than alcohol

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Its ur choise bro =)
    Quote Originally Posted by to7update View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharmacom View Post
    This is true, but also makes us consume water faster I believe, at least once I had coffee before a match on a really warm day, and I dehydrated way faster. It can go both ways really for me, enhance or decrease how I feel.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Yep that is true, it's always our choice, and the most important to make informed choices is to know our body well, and how our body will react to different substances, like coffee.

Junior Member bodybuilding reputation gymfun11's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by to7update View Post
    Yep that is true, it's always our choice, and the most important to make informed choices is to know our body well, and how our body will react to different substances, like coffee.
    Coffee affects each person differently. I can drink it anytime

Banned bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Well I am actually a little proud of myself this last week because I really did make a conscious effort to have less and did. It does help that my intake usually goes down as the heat goes up, but still, it is progress in my eyes.

Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by rz3300 View Post
    I have tried again and again to cut back, and it is not even the caffeine I don't think but just the taste and the warmth at this point. Either way though it is a tough habit to break but I am still trying.
    You're right, coffee is very addictive. I don't feel the same unless I have a black coffee first thing in the morning. I try to not drink it after 2pm.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

No question that it's addictive, even when we don't drink much. I see it in my wife, that only drinks one per day after lunch. When she doesn't do it, she starts having headaches.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions