Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member bodybuilding reputation fitnessmara's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Skinny 17 year old in need of desperate help

I think you should keep everything natural and learn more about your body. You can do any sport and you are healthy, so there is no mistake there.
    There is nothing wrong with your body or looks, because looking younger comes handy when you grow older.

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Height
    5'9-1/2"
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Just train your body to eat more proteins like eggs, and different meats. You can try incorporating pizza, burgers and other fast-food into your diet, alao eat a lot of ice cream and drink a lot of milk and chocolate drinks, lessen your exercise. Do this and surely you'll begin to add some pounds.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

First and foremost, I wouldn't advice eating meals that would increase your calories just for you to add weight because eventually on the long run, it's going to affect your health and your body structure in general. What I would recommend is taking up another form of exercise. You mentioned engaging in swimming, that wouldn't help you to add muscle on your body especially on your arm, it would rather slim you down. Try taking up weight lifting, especially using dumb bells to develop your arm and do lots of press up as well. Eat healthy food and over the course of time, you will add muscle and not fat.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

On tv today is the interview of a 16-year old basketball player who stands at 7 feet 1 inch. He is very skinny and even awkward in the basketball court. What keeps him going is his height and if he would have the heft then he will be a big factor for this team. The interviewer had suggested a bigger volume of food to gain weight. Another suggestion is to have enough rest and a good night's sleep. But I guess teenage years is the period that is somewhat stubborn - no matter what you do, you remain skinny.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation jp1234's Avatar
    Height
    6'1/2"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Got some Good News for you, at 17, your Natural Test hasn't Peaked yet.
    It won't Peak till you reach 25.
    So you have a few years to get into the Gym, and get a Good Training Regiment.
    That along with a Good Diet, and you'll start putting on Size.

You need to start Tracking your Diet, this way you'll know how much you are eating.
    Too many people don't Track their Macros, so have No Idea what they are eating, and Don't Grow.
    There's a couple Free Apps to track your Macros.
    And they will help you set your TDEE or Total Daily Energy Expenditure, then you'll know how much you should be eating.................... JP
    P.S.
    Whatever your TDEE, you want to be at least in a 500 Calorie Surplus to put on weight.
    You may need to adjust that Upward, but start at 500 Calorie's.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandoy View Post
    On tv today is the interview of a 16-year old basketball player who stands at 7 feet 1 inch. He is very skinny and even awkward in the basketball court. What keeps him going is his height and if he would have the heft then he will be a big factor for this team. The interviewer had suggested a bigger volume of food to gain weight. Another suggestion is to have enough rest and a good night's sleep. But I guess teenage years is the period that is somewhat stubborn - no matter what you do, you remain skinny.
    Height matters a lot when it comes to playing basketball, I don't think that I have ever seen any short basketball player since I started following the sport. Even though it's good to add a little flesh to the body but I believe that the height is more important than adding weight. Some good exercise in weight lifting would add some muscles to such teenage body. I can remember how my junior brother's physic was, it took him some time before he gained weight.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation to7update's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I have a nephew with the same issue, he's 23 now, and he remains tall and skinny. He tried to change nutrition habits and go to the gym but I think he didn't try hard enough lol.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation NoviceNinja's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Have you tried to take vitamins? Well, I believe the idea behind it is it will make you more sleepy so that you'll have more rest and it will make you hungrier so you'll eat more. You won't gain weight by only working out; you work out to tone your muscles. You gain weight by eating lots of food high in protein like eggs and chicken breast. Drink lots of milk too. Good luck!

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

collapse Posting Permissions