• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Skinny 17 year old in need of desperate help

E

Escobadr

(Couldn't find a sub Forum related to this so decided to post it here :) )
Hi guys ,I am 17 year old guy about to be 18 in august and i have a big issue , I've been playing sports all my life , but can't seem to build any muscle at all , I've been swimming since I was 5 and stopped when I was 16 ,through the years i realized I was skinnier and less athletic than my swimming friends even though I use to work as hard maybe even harder . I started growing pubic hair when I was about 12 but I had a pretty slow puberty , I had a squeaky voice till I hit 17 and I grew from 5'10 to 6'2 in one summer , but still was as skinny and baby faced .i tried lifting weights for 4 months but barely any result . I started playing basketball last summer and I fell in love with the sport ,but with my mediocre athlecity and my featherweight I can't really compete with other players of my age , I'm now 6'2 135-140 pounds , I hate my body especially my awkward abnormally skinny arms.i feel embarrassed and uncomfortable when I'm naked to the point I don't go to pools and water parcs anymore , I really need some help , getting some weight will literally change my life , thanks a lot .

CRobin

CRobin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To be honest your still growing keep at it buddy! I was 5'6 till I was 17 and didn't shoot up to 6 ft till I turned 18 and then the real muscle growth may still be on it's way. Stay natural and listen to some of the guys on here when it comes to nutrition because it sounds like you have a fast metabolism and need to calculate your macros out to the weight you would like to be and then eat that much food. Cardio may need to be toned down and as far as weights it's going to take more then a few months to see progress just keep at it!

CRobin

CRobin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Calories will be your biggest friend when putting on size and you have to track it because what might seem like a lot of food really isn't as much as you think.

E

Escobadr

To be honest your still growing keep at it buddy! I was 5'6 till I was 17 and didn't shoot up to 6 ft till I turned 18 and then the real muscle growth may still be on it's way. Stay natural and listen to some of the guys on here when it comes to nutrition because it sounds like you have a fast metabolism and need to calculate your macros out to the weight you would like to be and then eat that much food. Cardio may need to be toned down and as far as weights it's going to take more then a few months to see progress just keep at it!

Thanks a lot :)

E

Escobadr

Calories will be your biggest friend when putting on size and you have to track it because what might seem like a lot of food really isn't as much as you think.

Okay yeah , maybe this whole time the problem was me not eating enough i probably should stop blaming my genetics

CRobin

CRobin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Okay yeah , maybe this whole time the problem was me not eating enough i probably should stop blaming my genetics

Hey you know at your age your body is still going through a lot of development and changes. Good news is that your test levels are the highest they will naturally ever be. That being said with the right diet and training you are in a prime position to get the physique you want naturally. Look some of the videos from shadow here on mm he has some great videos on training and nutrition.

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to meet you!

It is not bad to start skinny! You can get shredded and every muscle will show!

Eat a high calorie, high protein low fat diet and hot the hell out of those weights and you will be huge in no time!

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree to watch Shadow in nutrition but I would stay natural right now and don't use any chemical. just my opinion for such a young guy.

CRobin

CRobin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree to watch Shadow in nutrition but I would stay natural right now and don't use any chemical. just my opinion for such a young guy.

Agreed! Way too young for aas

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At your age, I also suggest for you to stick to natural ways. If lifting weights did not make a difference before then I guess you may not be doing it right. When you do a workout, you should increase your food intake to develop a bulk. Food intake means not only the volume in meals but also the frequency. Eat more snacks to replace the burned fats in your body. Also, take note of the kind of foods you eat. More carbohydrates like rice or potatoes.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
johnjohn

johnjohn

I have a life long friend who went through this same thing. He was skinny he's whole life and with in 2 years he just blew up. I swore he was was on gear. Years later in conversation he reached out to me about thinking of getting on gear. I told him hell I thought you were already on gear you blew up in 2 years hell in 1 year he was huge. Come to find out all he did was eat. He started counting macros and had he's protein intake around 500 to 600 grams per day. I was in shock what just eating high protein alone could do. To this day he's still a beast of a guy and not on gear. Now on a side note I'm not saying eat 500 to 600 grams of protein a day. It's all I can do to get 400 in a day. Usually it's 300 but start eating keep up with your macros and keep pushing the weights brother. Your still young things will fall into place my man

TheMuscleBear

TheMuscleBear

Banned
Eat two 4x4 In N Out burgers everyday and you won't stay skinny. That's what I did....lol

E

Escobadr

I have a life long friend who went through this same thing. He was skinny he's whole life and with in 2 years he just blew up. I swore he was was on gear. Years later in conversation he reached out to me about thinking of getting on gear. I told him hell I thought you were already on gear you blew up in 2 years hell in 1 year he was huge. Come to find out all he did was eat. He started counting macros and had he's protein intake around 500 to 600 grams per day. I was in shock what just eating high protein alone could do. To this day he's still a beast of a guy and not on gear. Now on a side note I'm not saying eat 500 to 600 grams of protein a day. It's all I can do to get 400 in a day. Usually it's 300 but start eating keep up with your macros and keep pushing the weights brother. Your still young things will fall into place my man

For the past two weeks I've been almost force feeding myself and lifting (and some basketball for the cardio ) and I've already gained 1 pound , only problem is that i feel like I'm getting slower .. if I do more cardio will it affect the gains ?

E

Escobadr

At your age, I also suggest for you to stick to natural ways. If lifting weights did not make a difference before then I guess you may not be doing it right. When you do a workout, you should increase your food intake to develop a bulk. Food intake means not only the volume in meals but also the frequency. Eat more snacks to replace the burned fats in your body. Also, take note of the kind of foods you eat. More carbohydrates like rice or potatoes.

Thanks :), yes I just realized my whole life I wasn't eating enough for someone who played sports 12 hours a week .Now that I'm eating more I'm starting to gain some weight

E

Escobadr

Eat two 4x4 In N Out burgers everyday and you won't stay skinny. That's what I did....lol
Is fast food bad for me or is it not cause I'm trying to gain weight anyways ?

johnjohn

johnjohn

For the past two weeks I've been almost force feeding myself and lifting (and some basketball for the cardio ) and I've already gained 1 pound , only problem is that i feel like I'm getting slower .. if I do more cardio will it affect the gains ?
I couldn't tell you that brother. Simply because everyone is different. I myself when trying to lean out do 20min of cardio 5 days per week heart rate above 130 before hitting the weights. When I'm trying to gain I don't even do cardio I just lift to be honest. You have to find your happy medium what works for one person may not work for another.

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is fast food bad for me or is it not cause I'm trying to gain weight anyways ?

I wouldn't worry that much about what your eating, as long as your eating. If your 6'2 140, most likely your metabolism is crazy high! Burgers, pizza, tacos... I wouldn't shy away from any of it. I've seen a lot of skinny guys get picky about there diet, when all they need to do is eat everything they see. A weight gainer shake right before bed might not be a bad idea either. I wouldn't drink it during the day though because it can mess up your appetite

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

I think you should keep everything natural and learn more about your body. You can do any sport and you are healthy, so there is no mistake there.
There is nothing wrong with your body or looks, because looking younger comes handy when you grow older.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Just train your body to eat more proteins like eggs, and different meats. You can try incorporating pizza, burgers and other fast-food into your diet, alao eat a lot of ice cream and drink a lot of milk and chocolate drinks, lessen your exercise. Do this and surely you'll begin to add some pounds.