Your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Push up and sit up

It is surprising to me that some people are doing push up and sit up. Isn't it preposterous that either one can do the job? Push up builds the triceps although I know it also have a big effect on the abs. Sit ups is mainly for the abs and some power to the arms. Maybe they want to have quick results so they do the push up and sit up at the same time.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Push up and sit up

Not sure I understand your point...
    Pushups primarily work the pecs, tris, rhomboids, traps and sit ups work your core - not arms. Both are great additions to any program and excellent in building muscle endurance although I personally prefer pkanks to sit ups.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation ArnoldS's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Old school workouts!

Arnold Schwarzenegger said something about if Only one excersize could be done it should be push ups.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

He is right!
    I challenge everyone to do 100 - 200 pushups every day and see how it impacts your physique.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Big Beef's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I'm a huge fan of pushups! Body weight exercises in general & you can get good results off of em. So many different ways you can do pushups.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation macedog24's Avatar
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
    He is right!
    I challenge everyone to do 100 - 200 pushups every day and see how it impacts your physique.
    Agree, Push up with there different variations can have a dramatic effect on your upper body and strength.

Reliability You Can Trust
    PSL -is YOUR ONE STOP SHOP!
    for all your local ,international, sarm, peptides Cycle support, Nootropics, AAS, and GH needs

Banned bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Well if Arnold says it than it is good in my book. All kidding aside though, with all the machines and high tech stuff out there, it is sometimes hard to beat the classics with these two, and they do do the trick, for the most part at least.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Actually, both exercises drills works on different parts of the body, so it's only right to do both of them when one desires both parts of the body to be developed to the person's taste. Sit ups helps with the burning of belly fat and developing of the abs. Most young man in the world today fancy burning belly fat and having abs. It's actually few people that engage in push ups because as easy it seems, it's actually difficult to do 50 push ups at once.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I am not to big on sit ups, but I find push ups a great exercise, and I think doing to many sit ups will only give you back pain in the future- so doing sit ups may even make you look worst in a bathing suit as well. I would maybe stick to a kettlebell swing for you waistline though, to give you a flatter belly.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Sit ups will not burn belly fat any more than other exercise. Overall calorie reduction and greater energy expenditure is what burns fat anywhere on your body.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Sit ups will not burn belly fat any more than other exercise. Overall calorie reduction and greater energy expenditure is what burns fat anywhere on your body.
    When you want to focus only on burning your belly fat, sit ups can do that effectively for you. But if you are looking at burning calories off all over from your body, then an Overall body general exercise routine will do that for you, and running will be your best bet.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post
    When you want to focus only on burning your belly fat, sit ups can do that effectively for you. But if you are looking at burning calories off all over from your body, then an Overall body general exercise routine will do that for you, and running will be your best bet.
    Again this is incorrect.
    Fat is not burned locally while working a muscle.
    Fat is burned during recovery as energy supplies are restored.
    Squats will burn more belly fat than ab work because the ab muscles are extremely small compared to the many larger muscles in the legs and hips which require more energy.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation to7update's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

For me, the most important about working out is to have proper guidance. Without guidance we don't know what we are doing.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post
    When you want to focus only on burning your belly fat, sit ups can do that effectively for you. But if you are looking at burning cwalories off all over from your body, then an Overall body general exercise routine will do that for you, and running will be your best bet.
    Again this is incorrect.
    Fat is not burned locally while working a muscle.
    Fat is burned during recovery as energy supplies are restored.
    Squats will burn more belly fat than ab work because the ab muscles are extremely small compared to the many larger muscles in the legs and hips which require more energy.
    Well, I beg to differ on this statement of yours. I take up squat exercise as well as crunches but never have I experienced better effect on my belly with crunches the way squats affects. If you read my first comment well, I made mention about focusing of drills, and focusing crunches on the belly abs and squats which one is supposed to affect the stomach fat better?

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The one that burns the most calories.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The one that burns the most calories.
    Every workouts burns calories depending on what your workouts plans are. If you are looking at working out on your belly fat, I think that sit ups would have more effect and working on your arms would require more of press up. But generally, overall body workout drills will have more impact and effects in burning calories in human body.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Folk Artist View Post
    I am not to big on sit ups, but I find push ups a great exercise, and I think doing to many sit ups will only give you back pain in the future- so doing sit ups may even make you look worst in a bathing suit as well. I would maybe stick to a kettlebell swing for you waistline though, to give you a flatter belly.
    It's true that when you do too much sit ups, the chances of getting back pains in the future seems to be increased. Normally, it's for the purpose of abs training that sit ups are for. There are other drills that can achieve that for and one of them is planks. Do more of planks and less of sit ups.

Banned bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I haven't heard doctors advising against push ups but I've read a lot of articles that say sit-ups can be bad for the tummy. I need to do more research on this though but it makes sense because the muscles being developed are abdominal muscles that hold our digestive system. From a positive perspective we can argue that it can guard/hold your abdominal organs but the strain being put on the stomach as a whole shoud be moderated. In push ups the arms are really made to work and our arms were really designed that way so there is no conflict.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Steroidify

Napsgear

MusclePay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions