• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Push up and sit up

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am not to big on sit ups, but I find push ups a great exercise, and I think doing to many sit ups will only give you back pain in the future- so doing sit ups may even make you look worst in a bathing suit as well. I would maybe stick to a kettlebell swing for you waistline though, to give you a flatter belly.

It's true that when you do too much sit ups, the chances of getting back pains in the future seems to be increased. Normally, it's for the purpose of abs training that sit ups are for. There are other drills that can achieve that for and one of them is planks. Do more of planks and less of sit ups.

Back pain from situps indicates muscle imbalances between the ab and back muscles. A properly balanced training program will nirnally eliminate this problem.

You have a valid point. This is actually the reason why it's advised to workout at the gym and under the supervision and instruction of a gym instructor. This way, you will eliminate the chances of doing some drills wrong and getting a side effect.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I do 20 push ups a day, and I must say that the parts of my body that get sore after is the chest, shoulders, arms, and sometimes abs. So, if ever you need to target those muscles, perform push-ups.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do 20 push ups a day, and I must say that the parts of my body that get sore after is the chest, shoulders, arms, and sometimes abs. So, if ever you need to target those muscles, perform push-ups.

Definitely push ups are meant to impact on your chest, arms and shoulders as well as your abs if you add push up position planks.

Sometimes push ups impacts on one's waist if you don't position yourself well in doing the drills.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
It has been years since I did my push ups. I really don't know how many I can do right now without putting on too much strain on my body. But I plan to try doing push ups again starting with 10 or is there a good alternative to this routine? Pushups are not that time consuming and expensive to say the least but the benefits are tremendous.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It has been years since I did my push ups. I really don't know how many I can do right now without putting on too much strain on my body. But I plan to try doing push ups again starting with 10 or is there a good alternative to this routine? Pushups are not that time consuming and expensive to say the least but the benefits are tremendous.

The good thing about push ups is that you definitely don't need the gym house or a gym instructor to take part in the workout drill. It's all about finding the best way to position your arms and legs, then take so many ups and down that you can endure.

It's not always a good to push your body too much, once you feel your hands getting too heavy to pull up, stop and rest for the day. At least a minimum of 10-20 push ups in a day would be sufficient.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Just on a side note, it's recommended and ideal to do at least ten push-ups before sexy time as it composes your muscles and make them look toned. Just saying, haha!

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just on a side note, it's recommended and ideal to do at least ten push-ups before sexy time as it composes your muscles and make them look toned. Just saying, haha!

Seriously, I don't joke with my push ups on daily basis because it does wonders for me on my chest and arms. Combining it with my dumbells, it gives my arms and chest the perfect shape which I have ever looked out for even before I started going to the gym.