Your first visit?
Register

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

No workout during the Holiday season

Do you continue your workout during the holiday season when food is abundant and parties are prevalent? The Yuletide season is one of the biggest problems when it comes to keeping fit because we tend to over-eat, lack of sleep and too much activities that our body suffer. For me, I just try to maintain a few push ups and the hand grip to at least give my body some warm up.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Banned bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: No workout during the Holiday season

I find the holiday reason the best for workouts. Most people are free from daily routines and it might be time to catch up. You don't have to exert yourself too much, even strolls across neighbourhoods witt count and am a default walker. I think with discipline, you should eat fruits and vegs to fill yourself before embarking no calorie loaded servings to avoid unnecessary weight gain.

Member bodybuilding reputation Natasha0717's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I'm disappointed in myself for not doing much at all this Holiday Season except for doing a lot of baking in the kitchen. I was making sweet stuff that I don't even usually eat, and then after all the cooking/baking, didn't have any energy at all for doing my usual workout. Kind of surprising because I stick to a routine and never break it. It's just been so cold and depressing here, the motivation is almost out the window at this point because we're all dressed in layers, and the whole time I'm secretly thinking to myself, "WHAT does it matter if you're fat or thin right now??? Nobody will even be able to see one way or another with all these coats on."

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

During the Holiday Season I only go to the gym about 3 to 4 times and that's for the whole month of December including our Christmas party at the gym. I usually do the second part of my semi annual fasting every November, I fast for a week exactly 6 days in which I only it three soda crackers a day and drink a lot of fresh Coconut Juice, I do this to clean my system and it reduces my weight just in time for the holidays. During the holidays I don't overeat or over indulge in food but I do eat whatever I like and try to balance it with a lot of vegetables and fruits.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Working out is a daily routine for me the moment I wake up from sleep and prayed in the morning. I would brush my teeth and take my morning run straight to the gym. It's just around 2 hours that I spend in the gym before coming back. But anytime that I can't go to the gym, I would workout at home which I enjoy the same way I enjoy working out at the gym. The only thing that would stop me from working out is illness.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation to7update's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

In the holiday seasons there is less time, but whenever I can do escape from my familiar obligations to do my workout.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by to7update View Post
    In the holiday seasons there is less time, but whenever I can do escape from my familiar obligations to do my workout.
    When you would have a hard time working out during holidays season is if you are working out during the day or evening hours, it's going to be very hard for you see time to workout. This is why I prefer doing it early in the morning immediately I woke up and before 8-9 am in the morning, I'm done and can focus on my days task with the family.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation to7update's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Yes, working out in the morning means the job is done, so many times waking up early and doing it is the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post
    When you would have a hard time working out during holidays season is if you are working out during the day or evening hours, it's going to be very hard for you see time to workout. This is why I prefer doing it early in the morning immediately I woke up and before 8-9 am in the morning, I'm done and can focus on my days task with the family.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Yes, working out in the morning means the job is done, so many times waking up early and doing it is the best choice.

Exactly, if you can get up early in the morning before the day is fully bright to kick off with your workouts, you are definitely going to complete all your drills before other family members begin to wake up. It's only going to be hard for the family members if you don't have a different room for your workouts, then you would likely wake the entire household up from your workouts. This actually why some people prefer to workout at the gym.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

It is hard to keep to a consistent workout routine in holiday season, with the shorter daylight hours, traveling to see family, crazy shopping schedules, squeezing in a workout can be hard. Exercise can be a valuable tool to get you through the holiday season.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Folk Artist View Post
    It is hard to keep to a consistent workout routine in holiday season, with the shorter daylight hours, traveling to see family, crazy shopping schedules, squeezing in a workout can be hard. Exercise can be a valuable tool to get you through the holiday season.
    Exactly! If one is being very honest, one would easily admit that it's very difficult to keep up with regular workouts during holidays season because of how the schedule of such periods is tightly fixed.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Exactly! If one is being very honest, one would easily admit that it's very difficult to keep up with regular workouts during holidays season because of how the schedule of such periods is tightly fixed.
    But I believe that you can compensate the lack of exercise with the activities that you do during the holidays like attending gatherings and events. When held in the mall, there's a long way to walk from the parking area to the mall proper and I believe that is a form of exercise especially when I am already tired and on my way back to the parking area.

Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I take a week off every 12 weeks or so but it can vary a week here or there. I try and plan that week to land on significant holidays.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandoy View Post
    But I believe that you can compensate the lack of exercise with the activities that you do during the holidays like attending gatherings and events. When held in the mall, there's a long way to walk from the parking area to the mall proper and I believe that is a form of exercise especially when I am already tired and on my way back to the parking area.
    True! I completely agree with you on this about using some of your schedules during the festival season to make up for whatever exercise time you have missed.

Take for instance, I do fetch water with two buckets every morning. I carry it and climb 3 story building and its a big drill for my arms.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Steroidify

Napsgear

MusclePay

collapse Posting Permissions