Excessive sit ups can affect the health of the stomach
Your first visit?
Register

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Excessive sit ups can affect the health of the stomach

In a discussion yesterday with the physician in our family, the topic was losing weight particularly the bulging tummy. Of course, I got interested and although I did not butt in, the talk veered toward ways to trim the tummy. Push up is okay and sit up is also okay. But excessive sit ups can affect your tummy as to stir your gastritis or even acid reflux. That made me respond because when I was doing push ups, no matter how many I do, I just get tired and having breathing difficulty. But with the sit ups, I would burp continually even while still doing the sit ups.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation to7update's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Excessive sit ups can affect the health of the stomach

That's an interesting question that I never thought about. Push-ups are excellent for the abdominal muscles, but do they hurt our stomach?

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

If you have pains when doing sit ups, it's a sign that something isn't going well with the workout drill in your abdominal region. So, In my opinion, it's better to stop such exercises for the time being and allow yourself to recover well before going at it again. If it's possible, I would suggest going to see your doctor and get an x-ray scan to be sure of why you are having the pains from the sit ups drills.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I would just say no to sit-ups, because they are really no good for lots of reasons, and they can put to much strain on the muscles and digestive system as well, causing a lot of pain. If you are having pain, this could mean you are having issues including cramps,a strained muscle, or things are wrong with your stomach and intestines. Also doing to many sit-ups can contribute to back pain and create a disc bulge or disc herniation as well.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation to7update's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Yeah, pain is the best alert, at the same time, if we don't have pain, is it something that can mess with our inside too?

Banned bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I agree that if one experiences pain while doing sit ups or just anything, then they just have to stop. Pain is like a signal that we have in our car's gauages that bleeps or lights when something is wrong and we have to stop and check it out. I never really tried doing a lot of sit ups or push ups but I do make a lot of walking for hours on end. Usually when I feel some aches in my tummy it just disappear gradually and I dont have much problems. Walking is also gentle on our blood pressure.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Folk Artist View Post
    I would just say no to sit-ups, because they are really no good for lots of reasons, and they can put to much strain on the muscles and digestive system as well, causing a lot of pain. If you are having pain, this could mean you are having issues including cramps,a strained muscle, or things are wrong with your stomach and intestines. Also doing to many sit-ups can contribute to back pain and create a disc bulge or disc herniation as well.
    I completely agree with you on this, it's a general knowledge that too much of everything or anything is very bad and overdoing sit ups isn't good for one's health. Yes, it's a good way to work on one's belly but it can cause an equal harm as well when it's done. So, it's very important to be careful with how far you take sit ups so as not to have yourself injured in the process.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

collapse Posting Permissions