• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

12 weeks out from first comp

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

Thanks guys. I have another show coming up on the 15th and plan on being way more conditioned and fuller. I learned a lot at my first show so I'm bustinv ass to come in better than before

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

here are some pictures from the photographer that they didn't put up

atomic strenght

atomic strenght

good conditioning man. congrats

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks guys. I have another show coming up on the 15th and plan on being way more conditioned and fuller. I learned a lot at my first show so I'm bustinv ass to come in better than before

How did this go?

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

Not so good. I stressed my body too much. Heres the short story. Friday I looked great, fuller, harder, leaner. Sat I woke up feeling like complete Shit. I looked better than Friday so I decided to drive and do the show anyways. The whol3 drive there I had bad diarrhea. So I kept water in so I wouldn't dehydrate myself too much. Got to the show and still felt awful. Got on stage for pre judge and was just sweating like crazy. Never cramped up or felt dizzy just my stomach felt shitty. My body started. Holding a lot of water. After pre judge I was so tired I slept till the night show. Went did my routine placed fourth then drove home. The next day I woke up and my legs were really weak. I thought it was just front posing and Shit. The the day after that I could walk. I could barely move my arms, and my breathing was starting to get harder. So off to the ER I went.....I had to be carried by my dad and girlfriends father. Found out my potassium levels were so low that if I waited any longer my heart would have stopped. The doc said my diet wasfine, but doing so much cardio, taking an herbal diuretic, using the sauna, diarrhea, and too much water loading before depleting flushed out just about every electrolyte in my body. So that scared the Shit outta me....then a day after that my left leg below my knee swelled up and hurt like a bitch. I couldn't walk on it or anything. So back to the er. Found out I have cellulitis (skin infection) from shaving for the show while my immune system was so weak. I'm still in the hospital gettin iv antibiotics. Not the way I wanted my first couple of shows to end. Shit sucks! Iv potassium feels like fire pumping into your veins. I was supplementing potassium at the end too. Just too much with the diarrhea and sweating so bad on stage. I'll never compete if I'm feeling sick again....definitely not worth it.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

I wrote that from my phone so a lot of words are wrong and such, but you should be able to figure it out.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Holy shit mate, I hope you're alright!!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
buzzkill44

buzzkill44

I'm alright now. My left foot and shin still hurt and I'm still in the hospital getting IV antibiotics. Cellulitis takes 7-10 days to fully clear up. Other than that I'm just fn bored from sitting in here for so long.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow, man, I hope you heal complety pretty soon. Sad to hear about that bad experience.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

Yeah it was the worst feeling in the world to not be able to walk or move my arms fully. The reason I went to the hospital in the first place was because I could semi walk, but I fell over and couldn't get myself back up. I was so weak. No one could get me up so I had to just lay there. Eventually I got so mad and frustrated I dragged myself to the couch and pulled myself up onto it. It took me an hour to do that. After that I couldn't even get up again and my arms started getting super weak like my legs. That's when we called the ER. I like doing everything mostly on my own so it was rough being that weak and helpless. I'm glad I went to the ER. A few ppl were telling me to sleep it off. If I did that I would be dead right now. My heart was already beating erratically when I got to the ER. Now that's some nerve racking Shit.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jesus man glad to hear your alright.
Ive been reading alot recently about low/high potassium levels and that is some scary shit!

atomic strenght

atomic strenght

same shit happened to me.i used diuretics 10 days before the show and didn't supply any potassium.my muscles became so flat and i lost a lot of weight in the last week.the carb depletion made it worse and i couldn't train properly.but i decided to supply potassium and drink plenty of water and the day of the show i was holding a ton of water and looking like total shit.but its better to lose a show than to lose your life.this potassium thing is serious.

Cork

Cork

Holy shit, like everyone else said, I'm glad you're okay. F'ing up water retention is no joke. Hopefully you make a fast recovery and it doesn't stop you from competing in the future.