• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Things you can't stand in the gym!

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
people just sitting on equipment and taking up space
also when I'm practicing poses people giving me shit about it...I'm still in high school

refer them to the quote in my signature "eat shit and die" :linedrunk:

forsi

forsi

I hate the people that take the barbell that belongs on a certain stand like the bench press or Squat Rack, and use it for a totally different exercise. Some people will take the barbell from the Squat Rack when everyone needs to squat and go and use it for a skull crusher, while they have many other stations to do them at. :angrydude:

Hell yeah, i couldn't agree more.
In our gym we have only one Squat Rack and its often that a bunch of high schools kids block it doing biceps curls with this 20kg barbell. Why the hell dont they go to arms area and do EZbar curls or whatever.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Old people in the gym....the are ALWAYS in the way...I almost smashed a db into a old fossils face while doing db press. Just because he forgot his waterbottle and needed it right away.

A

animalkja

i hate when people whine about not putting equipment back right away and not wipeing off equipment... if you are a hardcore lifter then you dont have time to do these things shut the f up and train i leave my weights on the smith machine or deadlifts and eveything because im not going to waist the energy during my workout to put it back ill put everything back once im done with my workout-- and as for wipeing off the equipment who cares people who do that belong in a family gym its blood sweat and tears that make you grow in the gym not oooo thats disgusting they didnt wipe that off pleaaase. and i hate when people use the gym as social hour and they woner why they dont grow -- i hate people who dont think outside of the box on new things to do in the gym

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
i hate when people whine about not putting equipment back right away and not wipeing off equipment... if you are a hardcore lifter then you dont have time to do these things shut the f up and train i leave my weights on the smith machine or deadlifts and eveything because im not going to waist the energy during my workout to put it back ill put everything back once im done with my workout-- and as for wipeing off the equipment who cares people who do that belong in a family gym its blood sweat and tears that make you grow in the gym not oooo thats disgusting they didnt wipe that off pleaaase. and i hate when people use the gym as social hour and they woner why they dont grow -- i hate people who dont think outside of the box on new things to do in the gym

Thats not being hardcore...that just proof of pure lazyness and that you are a fool :xyxthumbs:

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In addition, I hate the people that come over to you during a decently hard lift and they ask, "When will you be done?" or "Are you using this?" That pisses me off so much because most of the time I have to stop what I'm doing to actually put together a sentence and set aside the heavy breathing. :angrydude:

A

animalkja

just because u prob belong to a family gym and think you know everything about bodybuilding doesnt mean you have to rip on hardcore lifters -----i guess branch warren and the whole animal team are bunch of foos to goo back to your hood bro and leave the weights alone

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some stupid kids every day train biceps, triceps, abs, chest and back. I`ve never seen them doing legs though. They do like two sets per muscle.

One of them, the skinnier, does about 30 dumbbell bicep curls. I laugh at him. And both of the faggots lock at themselfs in the mirror, not looking at the muscle and if they are doing a good movement, but they look at their own face with this kind of expression:

"FUCK YEAH I`M A HARDCORE MOTHERFUCKER"

Sad.

forsi

forsi

In addition, I hate the people that come over to you during a decently hard lift and they ask, "When will you be done?" or "Are you using this?" That pisses me off so much because most of the time I have to stop what I'm doing to actually put together a sentence and set aside the heavy breathing. :angrydude:

Just ignore them and finish ur set. Then, when u have finished "Phewww.. no I have time to answer ur question. What was it again?" :coolguy:

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
people demonstrating an exercise while using bad form... no wonder there are hardly any gym-goers using proper form on any exercise.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
People who can't mind their own business
people who talk shit bout random people
its like their motivation to workout, is making fun of others
and most of the time its when they train with friends, or couples train
to show off, how i'd love to stuff a 2.5plate in their throats :)
they should do their workout and mind their own business, i dont even talk while i workout

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
trying to do heavy db flyes or db rows when a hot chick comes around showing her ass off, well im not gay, but its distraction i already dropped a 110db on my foot (wore steel toe boots thankfully) but that is dangerous,Heavy weights + hot chicks showing off = disaster sooner or later

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
there is this group of mexican dudes at my gym who always spot each other. well the way they spot each other, is by lifting the weight for each other. when they bench, the spotter helps the guy benching on EVERY single rep. one time i was trying my maxes, and i got to bench and asked one of them to spot me. it was 315 pounds but with how much he helped, it felt like 225. i racked it and tried to explain to him not to help, and he stared blankly and watched my mouth, obviously he couldnt understand me. but i gave him another shot anyways, and he did the exact same thing, picked the bar right up off me as soon as it hit my chest. i told him thanks and asked someone else to spot me. as he went back to his workout, he looked back at me when he saw someone else spotting me, and i almost felt bad, but then i shrugged it off and went back to calling him and his lifting buddies dumbasses

warpig

warpig

People on their cell phone, your in the gym, whatever it is it can wait!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't stand people telling me they know something better, and when i ask them why, they say cuz that's jsut the way it is, and when i tell them that i actually read and educate myself on how certain things have to be done, they be all ignorant and say that hey, it works for me, lol! so 1/8th rom squats and bouncing benchpress work better for you?! amazing!!

There was this black guy doing quarter squats next to me with 405 and making awful, really awful grunting noises and thinking he is all cool, because i only got to 280, but ATG, but of course, he doesnt care! there is 405 on his bar bro!

Next exersice, he also does leg presses next to where i am doing them, and lo and behold, he got up to 500 and got stuck at the 5th rep lol!!! i just laughed at him lol, didnt even help him, that will teach his ass about form and trying to act all cool lol

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
trying to do heavy db flyes or db rows when a hot chick comes around showing her ass off, well im not gay, but its distraction i already dropped a 110db on my foot (wore steel toe boots thankfully) but that is dangerous,Heavy weights + hot chicks showing off = disaster sooner or later

Hardening the fuck up and finishing your set could help you out heh.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
there is this group of mexican dudes at my gym who always spot each other. well the way they spot each other, is by lifting the weight for each other. when they bench, the spotter helps the guy benching on EVERY single rep. one time i was trying my maxes, and i got to bench and asked one of them to spot me. it was 315 pounds but with how much he helped, it felt like 225. i racked it and tried to explain to him not to help, and he stared blankly and watched my mouth, obviously he couldnt understand me. but i gave him another shot anyways, and he did the exact same thing, picked the bar right up off me as soon as it hit my chest. i told him thanks and asked someone else to spot me. as he went back to his workout, he looked back at me when he saw someone else spotting me, and i almost felt bad, but then i shrugged it off and went back to calling him and his lifting buddies dumbasses

Sorry, Mexicans???

I could have sworn that the two man bench wasn't defined by ethnicity. Either that or I have been seeing Cardu's in every gym I have ever visited.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hardening the fuck up and finishing your set could help you out heh.

u ever had a chick doing walking db lunges while ur on the flat bench?,
i was bout to chunk the dbs to the side, but she came outta fucking no where

DeQu

DeQu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1.People (my lilbros friends) who stares every single exercise that im workin and complainin to my bro that im doin it wrong/too short although they even dunno what part of body am I trainin.
2. Some "HC trainers" in the gym leaves their stuff to the benches, instead of locker rooms, and they take a lot of space.
3. Weird old legends who have been trainin over 20 years in da gym,tellin how to lift weight, asking what is the meanin of that exercise that you are doin and speakin nonstop :bball: