• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2008 Mr.Olympia Competitors list

Can Jay Cutler win 3 times in a row?

• Yes, Jay Cutler 3 time Mr.Olympia

Votes: 65 58.6%
  • No.

Votes: 46 41.4%

• Total voters
P

Pain

VIP
MELVIN ANTHONY
GUSTAVO BADELL
JAY CUTLER
MOE ELMOUSSAWI
KEVIN ENGLISH
TONEY FREEMAN
PHIL HEATH
DAVID HENRY
DEXTER JACKSON
JOHNNIE JACKSON
CRAIG RICHARDSON
RONNY ROCKEL
SILVIO SAMUEL
SERGEY SHELESTOV
DENNIS WOLF
DENNIS JAMES
FOUAD ABIAD

1zqdpq9-1.jpg

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looks like a great list of competitors already.

As for the poll, can and should he win another Mr O? Only if he deserves it, I hope the judges just do not hand it to him this time.
But I put no because he has not really nailed his conditioning in a while and is a dying breed in a changing sport.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dennis Wolf is my pick, but who knows.. Phil could be up there, but who knows Dex might take over..

templare1987

templare1987

my pick would be Wolf

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Can Jay win? I think he can. He is not my pick to win but I certainly think he is capable of winning but I hope it only happens if he nails his conditioning.

RonWid

RonWid

My early prediction

1.Jay
2.Dex
3.Vic
4.Phil
5.Wolf
6.Kai
7.Badell
8.Melvin

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My early prediction

1.Jay
2.Dex
3.Vic
4.Phil
5.Wolf
6.Kai
7.Badell
8.Melvin

I think with Dex competing so much, Heath has a much better chance at beating him. Also, if Vic can somehow manage to pull it together after this ordeal Dex will not beat him.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think with Dex competing so much, Heath has a much better chance at beating him. Also, if Vic can somehow manage to pull it together after this ordeal Dex will not beat him.

With a healthy quad Vic will beat Dex.... without one...

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my top 5 would be, in no particular order
Wolf
Vic (if he heals properly in time)
Dexter
Phil
Kae Greene/Melvin (if they land thier condition right)

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i don't know why the judges feel jay's blocky and asymetrical (quads, arms) physique deserves to be crowned the best physique in the world. dennis wolf to me should be the ideal for a pro physique: huge, proportioned, spot on conditioning, and aesthically pleasing. jay just looks like a fridge. i really really hope politics are brushed aside and they give it to the deserving man this year :ughfingers:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
1.Cutler
2.Wolf/Heath/Dexter
3.Wolf/Heath/Dexter
4.Wolf/Heath/Dexter
5.Kai (Victor if he has recovered good)

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is so hard to predict but I'll hit something...

1. Jay. He will win no matter what. It's fucked up but what can you do... But I hope that Jay will come in RIPPED.
2. Victor. If he can train 100% after the surgery.
3. Wolf. I really think that Wolf can make his way all the way up to the top 3.
4. Dexter. Could be 3rd...
5. Kai. It would be great to see Kai in the top 6.
6. Heath/Gustavo. Phil could make his way to top 6, but I think it will go to Gustavo if he is ripped.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP

1. Jay. He will win no matter what. It's fucked up but what can you do... But I hope that Jay will come in RIPPED.
6. Heath/Gustavo. Phil could make his way to top 6, but I think it will go to Gustavo if he is ripped.

Dont forget the hype on Heath also :xyxthumbs:

D

d.capodiferro

i've already told it many times: wolf is the one real alternative to jay cutler.
anyway i saw pics of him (in an old thread) where he looked really bad.
about that pics everybody claimed he had not been training since the olympia.
basing my judge on that photos i really start to question about his chances of improvement?
what do you all think about? is he so gifted to be allowed to rest a lot after the olympia?

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dont forget the hype on Heath also :xyxthumbs:
Yes I was going to place Phil higher than 6th or 7th but I just don't think so (I don't know why)... Of course it is possible that Phil is going to break the top 6.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
my picks

1. Jay
2. Phil/vic/wolf
3. Phil/vic/wolf
4. Phil/vic/wolf
5. Dex

With the Callibre of BIG GUYS planned for this years olympia... i think dex is gonna have a very hard time competing.

D

d.capodiferro

how can you place kai before phil?
he'll be lucky if he enters the top 10.
dex will disappoint everyone has supported him in these recent competitions because he will be outmassed as always.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
i've already told it many times: wolf is the one real alternative to jay cutler.
And you still haven't told us why.
d.capodiferro said:
how can you place kai before phil?
he'll be lucky if he enters the top 10.
Why? He placed immediately behind him at the AC this past year and has made as incredible of off-season improvements as anyone (including Phil).
d.capodiferro said:
dex will disappoint everyone has supported him in these recent competitions because he will be outmassed as always.
He will disappoint everyone that supported him? Way to be overly dramatic and obscenely harsh for this scenario. Dexter clearly improved in the short time between the 2007 Olympia and the 2008 AC so there's no point in saying he's incapable of making further strides in his physique. Of course, that's not to say he will be changing anything drastic in the coming months but I'm not sure how you can so assuredly rule out one of the best three bodybuilders in the world from at least achieving something new.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dennis wolf to me should be the ideal for a pro physique: huge, proportioned, spot on conditioning, and aesthically pleasing.

Wolf has an incredible frame, but his conditioning was not spot on at all. He still needs big time improvements in his back, and especially his hamstrings. Once he does, he will be very tough to beat.

aaaab0013.jpg

i really really hope politics are brushed aside and they give it to the deserving man this year :ughfingers:

This I will completely agree with. It's still Jay's show to lose though.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^As IS said, an improved Wolf will be very hard to beat. Judging by the improvements Wolf made from 06' to 07' I am really hoping he can bring up those weak points enough to be a firm contender for the title this year. He is very young and I see no reason, especially after a year off, why he cant come in and win this show.