• Come join us for the 2022 Olympia on December 16-18, 2022!
  • musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.

2009 Arnold Training Series: Silvio Samuel

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2009 ARNOLD TRAINING SERIES: SILVIO SAMUEL

Silvio Samuel's superb conditioning is only part of the equation for his show-stopping hams

Silvio Samuel - always busy and seldom silent - will have the luxury of being the year's only pro show winner at the Arnold Classic in a few weeks. But the 5'8" marvel of conditioning will be posing down against a much more competitive field in Columbus than the one at January's Ironman Pro. Not that he would acknowledge that - Silvio claims to be focused solely on the task at hand, which is finding a way to bring a better build to the stage. Again.

"I'm really focused on what I'm doing," says Silvio, the fifth place finisher at last year's Arnold. "Whatever anyone else is doing is okay for them. The judges are there to judge. I have great respect for every competitor. I don't look to the lineup to pick my preparation. I always base my preparation on what I can bring to the stage."

Part of Silvio's growing mystique lies in his amazing hamstring muscularity and conditioning. He does admit readily that Kai Greene is one guy - maybe the only one - who can match him in this area - depending on how well his show prep goes. Here, Silvio weighs in on his twice-weekly regimen as he prepares for the Arnold.

silviorw1-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
the muscle bellies of silvio are just the best in the business! the guy is the trully genetic freak!

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wonder why he trains legs twice a week....there his strong point IMO. He needs more back/shoulders to improve on what he has. His legs dominate his poses from the back.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Silvio = Meh... for me personally.

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

yeah i agree.

aside from great conditioning and great muscle bellies...

lags in back, a little in delts and arms. long torso no lower leg development (and although irrelevant to bodybuilding, he seems to think highly of himself..)

btw, kai might possibly have better hams than him? my god i can think of a handful of people who have much more detailed and separated hamstrings than silvio. wtf?