• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2014 Arnold Classic BRAZIL - Steve Kuclo wins!!!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I was definitely a bit shocked. Nothing surprises me any more though.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Nice to see you Tonka! WB!

Not that I have anything against Steve Kucklo or anything. I was just surprised. We will get some good comparison pictures going soon though so we can see things clearer.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Not that I have anything against Steve Kucklo or anything. I was just surprised. We will get some good comparison pictures going soon though so we can see things clearer.

Thanks it's good to see this forum still going live and well. Look forward to the comparisons :).

gv0861

gv0861

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kuclo did not get a pro win. He got handed a free invitation to prove to the world that he is a subpar bodybuilder. It is too bad that he gets it at the expense of Lionel Beyeke and all of the other bodybuilders that were in better shape than he was.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree! Wtf is going on with this?

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff

Thanks it's good to see this forum still going live and well. Look forward to the comparisons :).

Thanks, we are doing our best!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Kuclo did not get a pro win. He got handed a free invitation to prove to the world that he is a subpar bodybuilder. It is too bad that he gets it at the expense of Lionel Beyeke and all of the other bodybuilders that were in better shape than he was.

Wow! Another one of the original's! Nice to you back!

Hopefully this is a trend! I would love to see this place packed again with the members from the old days of mm!

I agree. It is nothing against him as a person but it is tough to think he really beat Beyeke and the others. I do not know how the judges did it.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Re: 2014 Arnold Classic BRAZIL!

Pakiman will love the results lol! :icon_mrgreen:

BRILLIANT_ great ploy by the IFBB judges! Not only did they put Kuclo ahead of Lionel, just to make sure there weren't talks of rigging they threw Lionel behing Juan and Jon too! Now how would in their right mind dare to say the 4th guy deserved to win, right? Simply brilliant! :offended:

pakman88

pakman88

Absolutely atrocious judging, there has to be a way protect the bodybuilders against such blatant fraud, maybe form a union and/or a setup a system that allows for bad/biased judges to removed. Lionel was CLEARLY the best bodybuilder on stage, feel bad for him

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Re: 2014 Arnold Classic BRAZIL!

..Great work Tkd ..damn ..results are the same triller again and again :(

Steve Kuclo Wins Brazil - But Controversy Rages

Written by Peter McGough

Kuclo brazilwin

Judging a pro bodybuilding contest is not that hard.

It’s a combination of who has the least last flaws, while assessing condition and proportions.

Throw in the Wow! factor and we have a winner. At the Arnold Classic Brazil staged in Rio de Janeiro
on April 26 the consensus of observers and reporters

there (including our own Shawn Ray and Adina Zanolli) was that Lionel Beyeke
was a clear winner.

That’s the way these peepers saw it following the contest via photos beamed from Rio.

The panel saw it differently by placing Steve Kuclo first.
In fact looking at the formation
of the call outs they had the Dallas firefighter first from the get-go placing him
in the center of each comparison he was involved in.

More on Steve in a minute.

Now contention is the meat of bodybuilding contest debate.

So Steve was first , but how the hell was Lionel Beyeke – under the auspices of Dennis James
coming in conditioned for perhaps the first time in his career – fourth? Repeat, how the hell was Lionel Beyeke fourth?

He brought the Wow factor !! ..was ripped and while admittedly his hams and calves were not up to par with the rest of his physique to most observers he led the pack in Brazil[/FONT]

You know if you have to explain why one guy won and another didn’t and get down into the
"He had one more striation in his side delt” detail then it’s like having
to explain a joke and the joke ends up not being funny.

An what happened in Brazil, wasn’t funny, and there’s no need to burn up the words explaining
what went down. Some things just smack you in the face like a Mike Tyson left hook of yesteryear.

Kuclo has great structure and proportions but needs more back and chest thickness.

Beyeke was much more spectacular – his crazy cut up thighs catching the eye.

If the win was decided by structure and proportions then Jon DeLaRosa should have been first:

this guy’s shape and the sweeping lines of his physique will win a show soon.

The way I saw it was:

1st: Lionel Beyeke
2nd: Jon DeLaRosa

3rd: Toss up between Kuclo’s and the fast improving Juan Morel. The latter’s’ upper body is show stopping; more sweep to the thighs and look out fellow pros.

Fifth placed

Toney Freeman turned back the clock with his best showing in years.
That being said I felt Marius Dohne in sixth should have been ahead of Toney.

William Bonuc wasn’t as hard as his second place in Australia, and when in that shape his structure comes under further scrutiny.

The controversy soured what was a tremendous show and line-up.
Two weeks ago at the Europa Battle of Champions in Orlando it seemed pro bodybuilding
had undergone a bit of a make-over with the stunning emergence of winner Justin Compton and the staggering improvements of runner-up Jon DeLaRosa.

At the second Arnold Classic Brazil that sort of new breed momentum was continued.

Not that those vying for top five placings were novices, just that they all have re-invented
themselves since we last saw them. And from sixth on down the filed was deep and packed with muscle and quality; something all too lacking in most recent contests.

So 2014 looks to be a banner year.

And as we ……ah, bugger it! How the hell was Lionel Beyeke fourth?

Good night Rio.

Last edited:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
1st vs 4th.

1st vs 4th

1st vs 2nd vs 4th
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398569954895424
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398570041185407

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Something has to be done about this.. There is no future for bodybuilding it seems, since even if you bring your best it still will never be enough. Pics never lie.

gv0861

gv0861

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to be back. Had to step away for a while but this show brought me back with a jolt. Didn't realize I missed Musclemecca so much.
Now, the more I think about it, the more I realize that this show was never about bodybuilding but about setting up a market for someone who doesn't represent the ideal bodybuilder's physique. What bothers me is that every time he is handed a victory he actually has the gumption to speak as though he deserved the win. :yikes:
Oh well, in the back of his mind he knows that he got a gift.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The only worthwhile thing I can see is for Dennis & Lionel to approach Arnold directly and protest! F*ck IFBB _ go to the guy who can influence those fu*kers! No way in hell should this be allowed to go on WITHOUT a proper protest!

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The only worthwhile thing I can see is for Dennis & Lionel to approach Arnold directly and protest! F*ck IFBB _ go to the guy who can influence those fu*kers! No way in hell should this be allowed to go on WITHOUT a proper protest!
Considering they out in so much effort if it was me i'd be onto Arnold right away.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
This is what Dennis James had to say on his Facebook, after the show:

"In my eyes the true Pro Arnold Classic Rio Winner 2014. I don't want to take anything away from any of the other athletes but Lionel Beyeke yesterday was not only in my eyes the winner but also in 95% of the people witnessing the show thought the same and I mean industry people who know what they looking at.

I know I'm biased but I also been in the sport long enough to see that Lionel did never nowhere near deserved 4th and I feel bad for Lionel who busted his butt and in the end it didn't pay off for him not because he didn't deliver but because the judges didn't see what everybody else saw and that was a winning physique that night.

Lionel I'm proud of you for coming in at your best no matter what. Keep your head up and let's keep going because we have some more shows to do and I'm sure sooner or later it will pay off cause they can't deny a great physique with symmetry, condition and fullness for days!!"

Dennis james

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Considering they out in so much effort if it was me i'd be onto Arnold right away.

Speaking of this:

"Look who's sitting next to me in first class. - Dennis James"

Arnold schwarzenegger on the plane