• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

2018 Mr. Olympia Updates

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
To be honest, I don't think Sergio Oliva Jr deserves to be at this Mr Olympia.
What I mean is: I feel he didn't "win" his qualification. I used to always hear Branch Warren saying "If I don't win a show, then I don't deserve to be there" and I have to agree with that statement.

Especially for someone with that name, Oliva, you have to at least win a show, and only then think about competing in the big O. It's all about the champion mindset.
It is completely useless to compete for 16th place. Look at Phil Heath, he skipped the first 2 Olympias before really feeling ready to compete there and battle for the top 3-5.
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Here it is over a week out from the 2018 Mr. Olympia and Big Ramy is talking about the meaning of life. Could we see a new champion this year?

From Big Ramy: The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to be successful.
BigRamy
 
underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 9, 2006
Messages
23,523
Points
138

Bodybuilding Road To The Mr Olympia, Regan Grimes, 11 Days Out
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
10,063
Points
138
Samir Troudi 8 days out

41004087_10156646172034621_1734792511248-1.jpg
 
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Joined
May 30, 2014
Messages
1,373
Points
83
This is what we'll see on 9/15/18:
IMGP9268
 

Attachments

  • IMGP9242.JPG
    IMGP9242.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 168
underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 9, 2006
Messages
23,523
Points
138
jose Raymond 10 days put

FB IMG 1536126827568
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
I don't think they will "punish" Phil for what he said in that MD interview.
Lee Haney wasn't an AMI/WEIDER athlete for his last Olympia in 1991 and he still won, as he was the best man on stage.
The same might happen this year imo.
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
I don't think they will "punish" Phil for what he said in that MD interview.
Lee Haney wasn't an AMI/WEIDER athlete for his last Olympia in 1991 and he still won, as he was the best man on stage.
The same might happen this year imo.
We can always hope. :)

Here is Steve Kuclo 10 days out from the 2018 Mr. Olympia!
Steve kuclo
 
The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
10,063
Points
138
Flex tricep today

40875985_10155557175631176_9115297998123-1.jpg
 

Similar threads

MD Bodybuilding
Replies
0
Views
873
MD Bodybuilding
MD Bodybuilding
MuscleMecca Crew
Replies
1
Views
2K
The King Of Lurkers
The King Of Lurkers
TalkAdmin
Replies
6
Views
12K
TalkAdmin
TalkAdmin
Top