• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Teen commits suicide live on webcam on bodybuilding.com

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this clown brought it upon himself in regards to the egging.

he started a very sarcastic/comical thread on bodybuilding.com (the Misc. section of all places) and invited people to ask him anything before he OD'd. he then set up a webcam and told people to come watch. I'm sure every single person thought it was a joke, since apparently that kid was normally a troll on the forum.....so they jokingly egged him on thinking that the whole thing was a farce.

theres a difference between egging someone on who didn't invite the jeers, and doing it to someone who wants to be left alone. this kid was an attention whore until the very end.

That was his cry for help. I admit, using the bb.com forums as a cry for help is not a bright idea. Using the internet as a cry for help in general is dumb. I agree that making a comic issue out of it isn't good either. Some people are strange. Bottom line is, encouraging suicide is dumb. This proves it. It is dumb. Maybe you got a laugh out of it, maybe he was being a moron, but now he is dead. His own doing, his choice, but it didn't help that people were having a good time watching, debating, laughing about the idea of him taking his own life. Paints a very bad picture of people, not of the internet, not of bb.com but of people in general. Its saddening.

I understand they thought it was a joke, but it wasn't. They are not to blame for this, he and he alone is. But let it be a lesson is all i am saying.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
but in all honesty, the dad should be lucky that the BB.com members could help at all (even if it was too late). I don't know how the forum members found out where that kid lived or even how to find the police in his area, but I think they went above and beyond.

Imagine if the forum members weren't able to figure who that kid was or where he lived. There'd be a dead kid rotting away in his room for days, live on the internet.

Apparently there were many calls made to the local police department. So you can't blame the forum members for not attempting to help. They did all the could under the circumstances.

P

Pain

VIP
I think one of the mods traced his IP then called the cops.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I think one of the mods traced his IP then called the cops.
you can't trace IP's to someones house.

at most, they could trace it and maybe find the city of his ISP.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you can't trace IP's to someones house.

at most, they could trace it and maybe find the city of his ISP.

You can trace IP's to someone's house. Its all dependent on how your internet company is setup.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
You can trace IP's to someone's house. Its all dependent on how your internet company is setup.
the ISP would be able to track the IP to your house, but you can't just get someone's IP address and track it to someones house.

I can get anyone's IP on here, but that doesn't mean I can find their home address. It doesn't work like that.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ryeland, it was a pretty poor cry for help. It wasn't "guys, I'm feeling horrible, I have these pills here, I'm considering taking them, what should I do?"

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, last February. There's no point in logically looking at a disease that is altogether illogical.

i don't quite follow the latter part of your statement. classifying suicide as a "disease" i believe is inaccurate as imo it really is a mental defficiency of weakness. just to clarify your response, did you hospitilize yourself voluntarily seeking help? or did you cause yourself bodily harm and then required hospitilization?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
1227402951196ea5-1.jpg

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
P

Pain

VIP
cybersickos.

The media, so misinformed.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is not as easy for the family to recognize as you might. I february I got the luckiest break of my life and found out that my brother planned to kill himself in 20 mins. I logged on to the computer and facebook to check my messages and saw that my bro had changed his status to "will miss you all". I knew he had been kinda depressed, but didn't know the extent to which it affected him. So anyways I ran upstairs, found his door locked, knocked the fucking thing off its hinges and found him with two bottles (unopened thank god) of aspirin. That was at the same time the worst and best moment of my life. I managed to prove to him that people do care and that he is not a waste of life. So for those of you saying the family should have noticed, its a lot harder than you might think. My brother went to great lengths to disguise his emotional state. In his own words he wanted it to be a sudden thing. He somehow thought that would minimize the family impact. His only mistake (or last gasp at a cry for help) was that facebook status change. I thank god every day that I found that damn thing.

The other important part of this story is that some of his friends knew about his ideas and did and said nothing to my family. People don't know how to deal suicide threats. My advice is tell someone. Tell the cops or the family. I lost it on some of his friends that had talked to him and said nothing.

My God if someone had egged him on I don't know what would happen. He has been diagnosed with depression since. If you haven't been dianosed with clinical depression you don't know what it is. I don't fully understand it, but it's not something you can snap out of by force of will.
Hold your own opinions on suicide, but don't ever egg someone on. Do you know what it does to the family and friends of that person? The mess of finding a body, thinking you could have done more. Hell my brother didn't even succeed or start his attempt before I caught and I was still so riddled with guilt that I couldn't sleep for the better part of a month.

Who among you has the ability to see what impacts a person has on their friends, family and their section of the world? Don't be so quick to say they don't contribute. Since my brother's attempt he has made many great contributions to my life and others.

My sympathies to this guys family.

I will say this, I have no sympathy for the act itself, it is an act of cowardice. But I have tremendous sympathy for the circumstances that make one consider that a viable option.

Totally agree. Most people don't understand depression.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
cybersickos?

lulz.
cybersickos = people who watched the webcast

media-sickos = the people who put the story on the frontpage in order to make money off of it?

P

Pain

VIP
media-sickos = the people who put the story on the frontpage in order to make money off of it?

The media are the scum of the earth. The care for no body but getting a story. the sad thing is, the majority of the people believe what they say.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
i don't quite follow the latter part of your statement. classifying suicide as a "disease" i believe is inaccurate as imo it really is a mental defficiency of weakness. just to clarify your response, did you hospitilize yourself voluntarily seeking help? or did you cause yourself bodily harm and then required hospitilization?
Suicide isn't a disease. Depression is. I hospitalized myself seeking help before I did severe bodily harm to myself.
cybersickos.

The media, so misinformed.
It's the New York Post. Such a fucking rag of a paper.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
cybersickos = people who watched the webcast

Excellent point.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think it's funny the paramedic's ass made front page.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the ISP would be able to track the IP to your house, but you can't just get someone's IP address and track it to someones house.

I can get anyone's IP on here, but that doesn't mean I can find their home address. It doesn't work like that.

I see what your saying. I thought you were just saying that you can't trace to an address. I work at an ISP/Datacenter so I have access to all that kind of information. Its kinda scary how much information you can get off of it.

P

Pain

VIP

"Someone called the website."

:wutyousay: