• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Teen commits suicide live on webcam on bodybuilding.com

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i have ignored this thread, i will try my best to do so when i know i go off the wall.
last post on this thread.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Apparently he was a well known bullshit artist.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sucks for him them. Shouldn't cry wolf. They said he tried to kill himself before.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not necessarily. I was a full time student who was damn good at his job and had quite a drive when I hospitalized myself. It's not something you can really understand if you don't have the problem yourself.

wait what? are you saying you intentionally hospitilized yourself? :uhoh2:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
in the bodybuilding.com thread, he said which pills he took. (Xanax, Lexapro, Roxicodone, and something else) also, during the webcast he supposedly showed the pills before he took them.

odds are it was the Roxicodone that killed him. Roxicodone is very similar to Oxycontin and Percocet.

I mean blame a supplement or steroid use for his wanting to commit suicide. Not for the suicide itself.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I mean blame a supplement or steroid use for his wanting to commit suicide. Not for the suicide itself.
oh ok. I've read several of the news reports, and many of them don't even acknowledge that he was a "bodybuilder". so, I don't think anyone will try to tie his suicide to supplements.

bige13

bige13

i just found this on bb.com, its got his sucide note
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=35683427841#

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xn5cL7no8Fc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xn5cL7no8Fc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Didn't he post on myspace 3 days before he killed himself? Surely the word must of got around by then.

Guess I didn't pick up on that part. Must not have been taken seriously. But either way, with someone who has these urges, especially if they're strong, you can stop them for only so long.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
People's sense of reality slips on the internet somewhat. If this kid done this right in front of the posters, they wouldn't be egging him on, they'd be clawing the bottle of pills out of his hands and calling an ambulance/police. Where just used to "if it's on a TV/monitor, then there's no harm."

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
lulz. they talked about it on CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2008/11/21/pn.webcam.suicide.cnn

so his father was angry that no one helped him fast enough? lulz. wat? his kid was a fuckin douchebag bragging about killing himself on the internet. it's not the internets responsibility to save his son, maybe he should have stepped up and monitored his access to the medication. ya know.....actual parenting.

:io:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ True since I started lifting I take a shit load of morning supps 3 creatine, 2 multi-vitamin, 5 NO, 2 fat burners.

And my relatives which lives everywhere around me question it everyday like im going to commit suicide. Quite honestly im too busy to commit suicide maybe if I could fit it in my schedule i'd consider it lmao. But I was only angry at the fact that people would egg on a suicide, Im sure he was giving suicide signals everywhere about it, and his fmaily dicided he was crying wolf or ignored it.

and if he actually attempted suicide before... all signs should be taken seriously.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just read about this on the front page of yahoo before seeing it here. The article mentioned nothing about Bodybuilding.com

It's a well known fact that there's a lot of low self-esteem suicidle people into bodybuilding, so it doesn't surprise me the slightest bit that it started on that site.

F

Freakzilla

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
maybe he should have stepped up and monitored his access to the medication. ya know.....actual parenting.

:io:
That would require work on the parents side.

/fail

Freak:carduindisguise

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i have ignored this thread, i will try my best to do so when i know i go off the wall.
last post on this thread.

lulz.

BTW what's up with all you guys having suicidal friends or family?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
wait what? are you saying you intentionally hospitilized yourself? :uhoh2:
Yes, last February. There's no point in logically looking at a disease that is altogether illogical.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is not as easy for the family to recognize as you might. I february I got the luckiest break of my life and found out that my brother planned to kill himself in 20 mins. I logged on to the computer and facebook to check my messages and saw that my bro had changed his status to "will miss you all". I knew he had been kinda depressed, but didn't know the extent to which it affected him. So anyways I ran upstairs, found his door locked, knocked the fucking thing off its hinges and found him with two bottles (unopened thank god) of aspirin. That was at the same time the worst and best moment of my life. I managed to prove to him that people do care and that he is not a waste of life. So for those of you saying the family should have noticed, its a lot harder than you might think. My brother went to great lengths to disguise his emotional state. In his own words he wanted it to be a sudden thing. He somehow thought that would minimize the family impact. His only mistake (or last gasp at a cry for help) was that facebook status change. I thank god every day that I found that damn thing.

The other important part of this story is that some of his friends knew about his ideas and did and said nothing to my family. People don't know how to deal suicide threats. My advice is tell someone. Tell the cops or the family. I lost it on some of his friends that had talked to him and said nothing.

My God if someone had egged him on I don't know what would happen. He has been diagnosed with depression since. If you haven't been dianosed with clinical depression you don't know what it is. I don't fully understand it, but it's not something you can snap out of by force of will.

Hold your own opinions on suicide, but don't ever egg someone on. Do you know what it does to the family and friends of that person? The mess of finding a body, thinking you could have done more. Hell my brother didn't even succeed or start his attempt before I caught and I was still so riddled with guilt that I couldn't sleep for the better part of a month.

Who among you has the ability to see what impacts a person has on their friends, family and their section of the world? Don't be so quick to say they don't contribute. Since my brother's attempt he has made many great contributions to my life and others.

My sympathies to this guys family.

I will say this, I have no sympathy for the act itself, it is an act of cowardice. But I have tremendous sympathy for the circumstances that make one consider that a viable option.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
this clown brought it upon himself in regards to the egging.

he started a very sarcastic/comical thread on bodybuilding.com (the Misc. section of all places) and invited people to ask him anything before he OD'd. he then set up a webcam and told people to come watch. I'm sure every single person thought it was a joke, since apparently that kid was normally a troll on the forum.....so they jokingly egged him on thinking that the whole thing was a farce.

theres a difference between egging someone on who didn't invite the jeers, and doing it to someone who wants to be left alone. this kid was an attention whore until the very end.