• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

5 week diet to lose 10lbs. Please critique

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LOL that had to be awful. Cinnamon is not a bad idea either. 3-6 grams a day can help lower total cholesterol and ldl cholesterol. Good luck bud. I expect you to get the result you want with the change you made. Worse case scenario you will have to drop calories lower, but i do not think you will have too with the work load you have.

P

Pain

VIP
Home now. First 3 hours of this diet I felt like death. Taking BCAA's and Glutamine then walking for an hour is killer. Also, I'm ditching the raw oatmeal. Just too nasty drinking it raw. I have no idea how I used to drink this everyday for months a few years ago.

This is what I've changed my diet too.

Wake up 5:20am
10g of L-Glutamine,5g BCAA's, multi vitamins.

6:45am meal 1
Whey Protein shake
75g oatmeal (but will microwave it when I get to work. Just means getting there a bit earlier)

9:00am meal 2
100g tuna
50g whole grain pasta

10:30am meal 3
whey protein shake

12pm meal 4
100g chicken breast
50g whole grain pasta
25g almonds

2pm (pre-workout) meal 5
100g chicken
100g whole grain pasta

2:30pm weight training

3:30pm (post-workout) meal 6
whey protein shake
100g whole grain pasta

4:00pm meal 7
100g chicken breast
50g of whole grain pasta

6:00pm meal 8
100g Tuna
100g vegies

9:00pm meal 9
casein shake
25g almonds

This still feels like a lot of carbs for cutting.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pain do you have an email account? I cant seem to post the recommendations I have, and will send them via email to you. I would like if you posted them in the thread for me. This is the same information I was trying to post the other day that I was having so much difficulty posting. It is a break down of the nutrition for every meal, Protein, carbohydrates and fats. My meal split is a bit different than yours and takes into account the hormone response to the amounts and types of nutrients you are eating. It is 9 small meals. One of those meals is post workout and higher in calories than the rest. But the idea is to have you hungry all the time, but well nutritioned.

Also how has your body been responding to the changes so far? I would expect you to lose a little definition initially and be watery. Once this passes you will revert back to your old condition but with fuller muscles. At that point I want to drop calories to drop bodyweight, if you need too.

Last edited:
P

Pain

VIP
Pain do you have an email account? I cant seem to post the recommendations I have, and will send them via email to you. I would like if you posted them in the thread for me. This is the same information I was trying to post the other day that I was having so much difficulty posting. It is a break down of the nutrition for every meal, Protein, carbohydrates and fats. My meal split is a bit different than yours and takes into account the hormone response to the amounts and types of nutrients you are eating. It is 9 small meals. One of those meals is post workout and higher in calories than the rest. But the idea is to have you hungry all the time, but well nutritioned.

Also how has your body been responding to the changes so far? I would expect you to lose a little definition initially and be watery. Once this passes you will revert back to your old condition but with fuller muscles. At that point I want to drop calories to drop bodyweight, if you need too.

My email is robertgeorge105@hotmail.com

I look leaner today. Feeling really full with lots of energy and my workout today and yesterday was great.

Appreciate the help. I think i might just do this for 3-4 weeks then do a long slow bulk.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My email is robertgeorge105@hotmail.com

I look leaner today. Feeling really full with lots of energy and my workout today and yesterday was great.

Appreciate the help. I think i might just do this for 3-4 weeks then do a long slow bulk.

Awesome! I will email the diet to you, but if what you are doing is working then their is no reason to change it.

P

Pain

VIP
Thanks for the email. Diet looks good. I'll have to start it on monday though. I already have all my food for the week.

10:30 I won't be able to do as I am working at this time A shake is the best I can do. My breaks are at 9am and 12pm.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is fine. Pm me or email me if you have an issues.

Ben

N

nikole957

We are theorizing a lot right now. The best way to see what works is to try it out. I would try out the plan you are more confidant in using. The revisions look very reasonable. I think you will achieve the results you are expecting. If it comes down to it drop the calories some to get over a plateau. I do realize that the calories probably feel very low with the workload you are doing and I think that will be low enough to get that last bit of weight off that you are trying to lose.
Ok, thanks for the help. I'll try it for 2 weeks and see what happens. I am actually happy you said I could eat more carbs. I've been doing around 100-120 carbs for the past 4 weeks and felt like death for the most part.

C

Chalmers

Hi Pain,
I don't think losing 10 lbs in 5 weeks is a nice idea.
In losing weight quickly people adopt unhealthy measures which leads to some deficiency or long term effects.
Make sure to eat well and exercise regular to stay safe and healthy.