• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

5x5 good for adding size or no

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy really isn't anything worth worrying about though, almost all hypertrophy is a result of myofibril anyways.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy really isn't anything worth worrying about though, almost all hypertrophy is a result of myofibril anyways.

I agree but then you have to wonder why power lifters who do nothing but low reps and heavy weight (mostly myofibril hypertrophy) do not gain the size that bodybuilders do with their addition of higher reps inducing sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. Point being, do not ignore one form of hypertrophy when you should try to get the most out of both. Most of my training is geared toward myofibril hypertrophy because you are right, but I still add in some higher reps on given exercises and it makes a difference.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree but then you have to wonder why power lifters who do nothing but low reps and heavy weight (mostly myofibril hypertrophy) do not gain the size that bodybuilders do with their addition of higher reps inducing sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. Point being, do not ignore one form of hypertrophy when you should try to get the most out of both. Most of my training is geared toward myofibril hypertrophy because you are right, but I still add in some higher reps on given exercises and it makes a difference.

Low volume, shifting of load to the joint, eating to maintain a weight class (in some cases). Most of them are actually massive in the muscles they train though, ie, quads.

Im not disagreeing about doing backoff sets of higher reps being beneficial, it certainly is, but that too is mostly myofibril, not sarcoplasmic.

P

Painispleasure

Post the splits and and how many total sets you did per body part whoever's done the 5x5. Greatly appreciated!

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am very pleased with The 5x5 program. Im 7 weeks into it and started it mid cutting phase In my 12 weeks of cutting I lost 30 lbs while increasing my lifts slightly

P

Painispleasure

Thanks philosopher that website breaks it down like no other.