• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

A digestive problem

P

ptahm22

Active member
Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2017
Messages
40
Points
6
I feel like I'm not digesting proper nutrients to pack on the weight fast enoughat the gym I usually peak in about 3 weeks and then after that I feel like I'm burning outit becomes pretty much uncomfortable to work out.I stop adding weight in my workouts and don't get any more reps or strength after that point I still try to do more reps or more weight but its just not happening and I get either sick or get that uncomfortable burned out feeling. I eat good and gain fat rather quickly.I feel like I'm just not absorbing proper nutrientsI eat eggs chicken protein shakes multivitamins etc all the basic stuff I usually get to about same size every time and then its like I hit redline I just cant get past ithow can I tell that I'm not digesting or absorbing the nutrients for muscle growth?
 
D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
217
Points
18
There are few conditions that won't let you digest nutrients and those I bet you don't have them. They are metabolism dysfunctions like Crohns, IBS etc which are pretty serious.

Indigestion of fats may give you foul smelling floating stools.

If you do grow to a certain extend then that's a definite sign of absorbing all important nutrient in my opinion.
 
to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 1, 2016
Messages
515
Points
18
The same used to happen to me, it seems my digestion got stuck, but now whenever this happens I have a medication called Motilium that speeds things up. I don't take it often, 5-6 times per year at the most, but it's almost instant relief.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
This thread is reminiscent of my teenage years when I couldn’t gain weight no matter what I eat. One physician said that my metabolism is the culprit so I was prescribed a pill that stimulated my appetite. However, I became drowsy most of the time as if the bed is calling me. After a month of taking that pill, another physician advised me to stop it. In my case, I would say that it’s not really the digestive system but the metabolism.
 
D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
217
Points
18
This thread is reminiscent of my teenage years when I couldn’t gain weight no matter what I eat. One physician said that my metabolism is the culprit so I was prescribed a pill that stimulated my appetite. However, I became drowsy most of the time as if the bed is calling me. After a month of taking that pill, another physician advised me to stop it. In my case, I would say that it’s not really the digestive system but the metabolism.

That's true. Active metabolism. Won't let you gain weight. Sometimes there is an underlying condition such as a hyperactive thyroid and the OP might want to check on that.
 
D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
217
Points
18
This thread is reminiscent of my teenage years when I couldn’t gain weight no matter what I eat. One physician said that my metabolism is the culprit so I was prescribed a pill that stimulated my appetite. However, I became drowsy most of the time as if the bed is calling me. After a month of taking that pill, another physician advised me to stop it. In my case, I would say that it’s not really the digestive system but the metabolism.

That's true. Active metabolism. Won't let you gain weight. Sometimes there is an underlying condition such as a hyperactive thyroid and the OP might want to check on that.
 
naturalbodybuilder

naturalbodybuilder

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2017
Messages
50
Points
6
Adding digestive enzymes could help.
 
D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
217
Points
18
Adding digestive enzymes could help.

This can help provided you really have an issue with your digestion. From the scenario that OP has given it does look like something much more than an overall digestive problem.
 
jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
118
Points
18
It may be that the OP, needs to seek Professional Help, hard to tell exactly what is the issue, just from his post.

Personally, I've found that taking a Good Digestive Enzyme, along with a Probiotic, and Fiber (psyllium husks) .
Not only helps to Digest what you're taking in, but keeps your Digestive Tract in proper working order.
Sometimes our Diets promote a little Constipation, so the above keeps your Bowels moving.
If you're are not going at least once a day, then you need to address the problem.
Constipation, even slightly, will Slow you down very quickly, and just make you feel out of sorts.
 
D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
217
Points
18
It may be that the OP, needs to seek Professional Help, hard to tell exactly what is the issue, just from his post.

Personally, I've found that taking a Good Digestive Enzyme, along with a Probiotic, and Fiber (psyllium husks) .
Not only helps to Digest what you're taking in, but keeps your Digestive Tract in proper working order.
Sometimes our Diets promote a little Constipation, so the above keeps your Bowels moving.
If you're are not going at least once a day, then you need to address the problem.
Constipation, even slightly, will Slow you down very quickly, and just make you feel out of sorts.

So true. Constipation can cause a lot of havoc in the body. I think that the OP might not be having constipation though but if he is failing to absorb fats then he should be having foul smelling floating stools.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff

Similar threads

Top