• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Advice Needed!!!

Z

Zeusi

Hi guys,

Im 21 years old, 5 feet 8 inches tall and approx 78kgs.

Ive been training in karate for the past 5 years and recently started kickboxing. In order for me to start competing in kickboxing tournaments, i am going to have to get down to approximately 70-72 kgs. In order to reach this goal, (dont curse me for this yet, i know it was the wrong thing to do!!) i went on a starvation diet for 1 1/2 months. At that time i was 84 kgs and i managed to lose 6 kgs by just sticking to a banana for breakfast, 2 apples and banana for lunch and no dinner and a whole lot of running!!

However, i seemed to have reached a dead end in terms of weight loss with this diet and consulted my friend (Makaveli on this forum) for some advice. First thing he did was tell me to completely change my diet and got me onto 100% whey protein in order to maintain my muscle mass.

Since last week i have changed my diet from pure starvation, to healthy eating. I have kept a log up of what i have been eating everyday as well. My main focus rite now in order to lose the remaining 6-8kgs has been a healthy diet and running first thing in the morning on monday/wednesday/friday and evening runs on tuesday and thursday. I have stopped going to the gym as i am currently not in the best of financial situations!!

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or tips for reaching my goal of 70-72kgs. Any advice would be great as i seem to have reached a dead end in terms of weight loss.

Cheers
Zeus

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
as far as supps go L-glutamine is good at preserving muscle whilst cutting and fish oil is cheap and good as well. You did the right thing getting off the starvation diet healthy eating is the way to do it you have to be patient with it, it will not happen over night but apart from that run alot but not on an empty stomach and lifting weights will also help preserve muscle good luck

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As you now know, starvation diets are not good. Reducing your caloric intake slowly over a period of time throughout regular meals is the way to do it. It looks like you are only eating 3 meals a day, which won't help eiether. Eat 5 - 6 meals a day, but obviously make them smaller meals. This helps by keeping the body anabolic and increasing metabolism which is better whether you are trying to gain or lose weight. Reduce your calories slowly between the 5-6 meals per day until you start seeing the weioght come off slowly (about 1-2lb a week really so as it won't include muscle mass) and then maintain that intake.
Also, green tea can be beneficial in weight loss aswell.

EDIT:Moved to right section. :)

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky pretty much covered it. Keep it clean and 6 meals a day and you'll be good to go. As far as supplements go you can try Fish Oil and/or sesamin oil.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well in terms of weight loss bro i would eat 4 meals a day these for meals should be square meals Carbs protein veggies, or friuts if its early in the day. 40 carbs 35-40 G protein each meal, then a veggie also.

the 2 meals before your training session( karate) should include carbs, slow burning ones like form wheat sources. Protein and a green vegetable. The 1st meal after your training session should have carbs also, the slow bruning kind aswell. protein and a veggie also. Your last meal should just be protein and vegetables I suggest changing your vegetable up for each of your 4 meals get a green veggie for one then a red veggie, ECT ECT u get the idea the more colors u have the more nutrients your getting.

Now how can u use the whey protein. Use it to avod snacking. i would give yourself 3 hours between each solid meal, if u get hungry inbetween meals get u a shake with 1 scoop of protein in it. if you fnd yourself not losing weight still follow the diet plan, but cut carbs a lil bit just cut them down to 30 G per meal or so. Eventually u will find a comfortable area where u will maintain the new weight u want. BUT STARVATION IS NOT THE WAY TO GO AT ALL! So please dont do that anymore it is horrible for u.

I hope i helped u bro i think i gave u a great diet as far as numbers go.

here are a few meals u can use to follow the guidelines i gave and still lose weight.

Breakfast 40G protein 40 carbs fruit
4 egg whites 2 whole eggs
half of a large bananna
3 strawberries
1/2 cup oatmeal

Lunch 40 G protein 35-40 carbs veggies
1large chicken breast
1/2 cup brown rice
1 large salad containing the following:
1 cup spinache
1 cup leaf lettuce or head leatuce
3 cherry tomatoes cut in half
1/2cup carrots
and some sort of oil based dressing like a vinegarette stay away from sweet dressing or now lowfat dressings as tehy will make weight gain or weight maitenance a bigger possibility. Healthy fats are ok! So llike i said go fro a vinegarette type dressing or olive oil dressing.

Dinner 40 G protein 40 carbs veggies
1 Large chicken breast
1 cup wheat pasta
1 cup brocolli

Last meal 1 hour or so before bed 35 G protein 5 carbs( from brocolli) veggies
1 can tuna
1 cup of veggies of your choice then yur off to bed.

Now dont think these meals are all u can eat these are just some samples u can follow but you can see that i have carbs and protein fixed for each meal just eat so u follow those guidelines try this for 2 weeks and stick to it! like i said iif u get hungry between meals have a scoop of whey protein powder mixed in water this will curve hunger for a while and add zero fat.

ALSO, DO NOT remove the fruits of veggies from the meals i have them their for a reason fruit helps heal and veggies help cleanse your body, and boh are nutrient loaded your body needs that bro.

If u have questions about my post u can PM me bc im busy with school at the moment, but i will continue to help if u conatct me VIA PM.

wish u the best of luck bro
AND

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Get your hands on a copy of Beradi's Grapplers Nutrition Handbook. It covers all the dieting stuff for weight category competitors.

Ski

Ski

Eat 8 smaller feedings per day.........the more meals,the fasater your metabolisn will work.................eating less is a big mistake.

The main thing to remember is that you must create a calorie deficit..........bottom line !!

P

proteinguysx

In order to lose weight you need to eat more and better, is not about not eating, eating more puts the body to work more and lose more calories, my suggestion is eat less amount of food 5 or 6 times a day, small dishes, mix protein, a diet of full protein can be bad you need to mix more vitamins.

To lose more weight the key is to be constant, drink more water, mix fruits and eat egg protein, but not just protein, fish is good and some vegetables, if you dont feed your body you will "starve"but not only that you will harm yourself as the body requieres energy and nutrients, buy some suplements to mix it with your physical activity.

Consult a Medical Doctor before doing some changes in the Diet, you may not see changes today because it requieres more time, maybe you wont lose a lot of weight with this but you will keep your body healthy...try milk and some Myoplex protein too and again protein without going to the gym will make you overweight...