• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Alcohol and Training?

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Can you be any more preachy!

your the ones who always look for the worst way to interpret my posts so i`ll tend to get preachy to make sure i`m 15401156 percent understood.

if you ignore them or just neg .......it will save a lot of extra posts and time searching for pics related to facepalms
anyways its not like i`m going to redeem my rep points for some toaster at the end of the day.
so its best to ignore them if you find the reasoning so rubbishy

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This makes me want a beer right now

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
the guy asked and i gave him one of many answers...

if you have to drink for various reasonable reasons then drink something... but if you drink for stupid reasons then you could have gone with out it.

stupid reasons > my friends made me, because it makes me look cool, for the sake of it, to fit in with everyone

reasonable reasons > i like it, its tastey, i enjoy drink ABC

Is enjoying getting shitfaced every now and then stupid?

V

vdawg

i quit training to become an alcoholic.

F

fit2fight1

yes i think alcohol should be taken in a limted quantitiy and i think beer is the best medicine for muscle growth
thank you.

medicineman

medicineman

i like to take my alcohol intramuscularly

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont think so. he's a relatively new member, and ive seen alot of dirt getting thrown his way, being called stupid, gay etc whenever he makes a post is kinda unnecessary. if he feels that staying away from alchohol is the best thing, then so be it. the thread starter wondered about what kind of impact alchohol would have on his training, and chewie offered his advice and didnt attack anyone with his post. no reason to shoot him down for it, and not a good way to embrace new members thats all:)

The problem is that opinion is not what we look to provide. We are looking to provide the human objective truth based on evidence. The two are very different. Some alcohol is beneficial. Alcohol is a toxin but in small amounts 1-2 beers every other day, it really is beneficial. At least the most recent i have read it provides some benefit, mostly cardiovascular.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sometimes i'll go straight from the gym to the hookah bar, smoke hookah and drink some beer, is that bad?

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
HELL NO HYPO! THATS GREAT! Increased appetite and lowered blood viscosity for the win !!!

:49:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ill be straight... With my job... Me Dumping my GF of five years and other stress of my life, I find myself either doing one or the other... Working out, or drinking..... I am not gonna lie. In terms of weight loss... Drinking doesn't hurt in the since that I may go to the gym around Noon... Eat a protein shake and then start drinking around 4 and not eat anything for the remainder of the day. I don't gain weight while drinking. However! I have seen my lifts steadily decrease. Going from a 355 Bench for 8 reps to around 315 barley for 6... Which I know it is all from the life style of drinking..... So It is indeed a trade up..... I love beer. I love the "drunk" feeling (not smashed, but feeling good) but I love my body and have been cutting back quite a bit in the past few months and am back up to 345 for 8.... Its all about priorities.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dave Draper was a chronic alcoholic for decades, some of the time he was actually competing as well.

He seemed to do ok from memory. Although it did catch up with him in the 80's.

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't drink at all. Not even on New Years Eve. Although I like all the delicious beers that my country makes. People say I am crazy having that much discipline. Well what can I say, I am a little crazy I guess

ruel

ruel

unless youre a professional BB, dont drink!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
unless youre a professional BB, dont drink!

Why not?

Drinking fermented beverages is actually one of the first traditions of cultures handed down since the dawn of civilisation. Nothing wrong with consuming the occasional beverage.

PS: I'm drunk now.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just drink your mind out who gives a fuck. everyone does their own thing

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just drink your mind out who gives a fuck. everyone does their own thing

Wow thanks for your vote of confidence. I feel so much better about partaking in the refreshments of the gods after your flippant endorsement.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow thanks for your vote of confidence. I feel so much better about partaking in the refreshments of the gods after your flippant endorsement.

i didnt realise you were looking for some encouragement to drink alcohol, my mistake

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
*Glug, glug, glug, glug, BURP!*