• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

am i drinking enough water?

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
3 gallons? thats like 10 litres a day.. i call BULLSHIT!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Kidneys can process 15 litres a day. But if your sodium intake isn't up to scratch then you are at risk of Hyponatremia, especially if the intake isn't evenly spaced. I agree though 10L is a lot of water to drink a day.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
fuck me!! 3 gallons of water

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Kidneys can process 15 litres a day. But if your sodium intake isn't up to scratch then you are at risk of Hyponatremia, especially if the intake isn't evenly spaced. I agree though 10L is a lot of water to drink a day.
ive gone down a bit lol i was pissing too much it was annoying i'd get uo every 10 minutes to go piss, i know if you drink alot its not too good, when i went through bootcamp some guys would drink too much and almost die i guess it was Hyponatremia, but yea im good with a gallon and a half lol

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Noway you drunk 3 gallons of water a day whats the point? Of course you need water but i drink water every meal but i don't drink too much so i don't feel uncomfortable. It justs a shitty lifestyle for me to drunk excessive amounts unless u live in the desert

S

SRUDWARF

lol this summer i drank like 2-2.5 gallons a day IN addition to coffee and milk and shit, i know what you mean man when it gets hot and you're outside alot it's needed. also if you eat a ton of food you get thirsty more

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I carry around a 4L jug of water at school. That mofucka gets refilled before lunch every day.

D

Darkwing X

It seems 3 gals is ALOT. Personally, I drink around 1-1.5 gals daily and I'm good..I guess it just depends on the individual..

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont drink that much anymore, i was drinking 3 gallons while on Dbol, it made me really thirsty

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha dude all the time im driving and i have to stop on the side of the road lol but im learning how to hold it a bit and just take a longer piss, im not holding it till it hurts either thats not good

Eww holding urine for long periods of time can have adverse effects on the prostate and even lead to erectile dysfunction if done habitually.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ good advice!:):)

Try drinking 500 ml each time u drink water to fully satisfy ur thirst....i dirnk moest of my water druing training...about 2 liters if u count the water i use to mix my protein...but 3 gallons is too much...try drinking 2 gallons spread evenly throughout the day and drink a lot during and after training...!

big barry

big barry

Its totally specific to each person, depending on weight. Best way to tell is the colour of your urine, if its clear like water, you are fine. Hence why when you get up in the morning and have not drunk for a number of hours it is a dark yellow.

H

homegymexpert

yea im always thirsty and i sweat alot i live in south florida its hot as balls here

Looks like you dress pretty warm too...combined with the heat you can get dehydrated pretty quick!

E

emelhairus9

Wow! 3 gallons a day?? That’s a lot of water! I only drink atleast 8 glasses a day.. because too much water makes me feel uncomfortable.. :turborun:

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think that you are drinking enough and even additional.I find it hard for me to drink even a litre of water but I do try to drink.I think you are on the right path and even adding more isn't bad because there is no issue in drinking excess water since its going to come out.

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

I am currently drinking as much water as I can. I lost count of the amount I take. I am detoxing my system and I know water is a good cleanser. I love drinking water. I may not understand its importance to the body, all I know is its doing me good. So I drink as much as my stomach can hold and make endless trips to the toilet.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
I am currently drinking as much water as I can. I lost count of the amount I take. I am detoxing my system and I know water is a good cleanser. I love drinking water. I may not understand its importance to the body, all I know is its doing me good. So I drink as much as my stomach can hold and make endless trips to the toilet.

Water is obviously good for you and the only drawbacks are like you said - endless pissing. But that's important because holding it in can be detrimental.

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

at least its for a good cause. Of late, I love drinking green tea instead of just plain water or flavored water so that its just not so basic.

luri

luri

Banned
If you are urinating too often, you should sense some problems. You are either diabetic, having some urinary problems, or perhaps drinking too much water. water is necessary for our body, but how much water we need depends on various factors like the nature of our work (needs too much traveling, need physical labor, work outdoors, etc), season (we need to drink more water in the summer and less in winter), etc.