• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Anabolic Diet

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The science is explained in laymen terms on the website, and just because you do not understand something does not mean it is not true. Whenever you disagree or argue with me your argument is always based on your "common knowledge" or because you do not understand it. That is not going to get you in "A" in class buddy nor will it win you a debate.
I HAVE explained this diet to you several times, and like I said before cholesterol is not a bad thing.

Let me explain it out for you so you do not confuse anyone else on this thread:

Most of the cholesterol in the body is synthesized by the body and some has dietary origin. It plays a central role in many biochemical processes, such as the composition of cell membranes and the synthesis of steroid hormones. (i.e. testosterone in the Leydig cells of your testes) Cholesterol is required to build and maintain cell membranes; it regulates membrane fluidity over a wide range of temperatures. A higher intake from food leads to a net decrease in endogenous production, while lower intake from food has the opposite effect.
Cholesterol is transported towards peripheral tissues by the lipoproteins chylomicrons, very low density lipoproteins (VLDL) and low-density lipoproteins (LDL). These are the "bad" cholesterol while high-density lipoprotein (HDL) particles transport cholesterol back to the liver for excretion. Having large numbers of large HDL particles correlates with better health outcomes, and hence it is commonly called "good cholesterol".

Recap on facts on Fats and Cholesterol:

Fats:

- They make up at least 50 percent of our cell membranes, providing essential rigidity and strength
- They enhance the immune system
- They help incorporate calcium into our bones
- Some of them have antimicrobial properties that protect us against harmful microorganisms in our digestive tracts

Recap on cholesterol from above:

- It contributes to cell membrane rigidity and strength, just as saturated fats do
- It is used to make hormones that help us deal with stress, as well to make sex hormones
- It is converted to vitamin D, essential for proper growth, healthy bones, a healthy nervous system, muscle tone, and proper immune system function
- It is used to make bile, needed for digestion of fat in our foods
- It acts as an antioxidant, actually protecting us against cellular damage that leads to heart disease and cancer
- It helps maintain a healthy intestinal lining, offering protection against autoimmune illnesses

I consume fish oil supplements as it is high in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega 3 Fatty acids have shown to improve your blood cholesterol profile by boosting your HDL cholesterol (the Good cholesterol). This will help shuttle the "bad cholesterol" back to the liver and lower your risk of related health side effects you speak of.

Lets do an overview on eggs:
Cholesterol in Eggs. The reason eggs have a bad reputation is that they contain high amounts of cholesterol. One large egg has:
- 200mg cholesterol
- 5g of fat (2g is saturated fat)

If you’ve been removing the yolk from your eggs. The yolk contains all the fat, all the vitamins (A,D,E) & half the protein.

Just a reminder. You need all kinds of fat, not just saturated, unsaturated, etc:
- Omega 3: fish oil, flax seed
- Omega 6: red meat, buter, cheese,…
- Omega 9: olive oil

Don’t concentrate on omega 3s only. Balance your fat intake.

I appreciate the concern, but do not get on here and bash a diet or anything in particular unless you KNOW what your talking about rather than how you feel from common knowledge or from not understanding it. :tiphat:

good read. however i think you copy pasted/typed this out from a resource that wasn't considering to the exterem you are consuming these types of nutrients. the info you put was on fats and cholesterol in general, not in the intense excess that you are consuming the in.

Recap on cholesterol from above:

- It contributes to cell membrane rigidity and strength, just as saturated fats do
- It is used to make hormones that help us deal with stress, as well to make sex hormones
- It is converted to vitamin D, essential for proper growth, healthy bones, a healthy nervous system, muscle tone, and proper immune system function
- It is used to make bile, needed for digestion of fat in our foods
- It acts as an antioxidant, actually protecting us against cellular damage that leads to heart disease and cancer
- It helps maintain a healthy intestinal lining, offering protection against autoimmune illnesses

in moderation

Recap on facts on Fats and Cholesterol:

Fats:

- They make up at least 50 percent of our cell membranes, providing essential rigidity and strength
- They enhance the immune system
- They help incorporate calcium into our bones
- Some of them have antimicrobial properties that protect us against harmful microorganisms in our digestive tracts

in moderation

listen i've seen first hand how you look in real life and i'm not in the least bit questioning this diets effectiveness in the muscle/dryness department. but how long do you plan on staying on this diet? i mean if you do compete it's over a year away right? where's the need?

KCharger9

KCharger9

The more i read the more i get interested in this diet. Ive been on the palumbo diet for awhile now and it pretty much sucks but i think im gonna try this one cause it gives you more freedom and obviously you can use alot of product on the food you eat to make it taste better.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good read. however i think you copy pasted/typed this out from a resource that wasn't considering to the exterem you are consuming these types of nutrients. the info you put was on fats and cholesterol in general, not in the intense excess that you are consuming the in.

Not a copy paste :eek5nono:, and not so. You just seemed to have the uneducated opinion on cholesterol that most of the general public has, so I just thought I would give you some facts about the subject.

in moderation

in moderation

Again, your wrong in respect. You clearly are basing your comments AGAIN off of your general knowledge of what you have heard or read in Flex :jerkoff1:, jk
In all seriousness though, the only thing I am actually consuming in "excess" would be the cholesterol, this is true, (this is why I make sure I get plenty of Omega's from the sources I listed) but my fat intake is actually moderate if you look at it. Without intake of carbohydrates, and an intake of around 300g of fat... that is low if (other than protein) that is the only energy source I am intaking. When putting my body in a state of Ketosis my body is efficient in oxidizing that fats for my energy needs. With lower insulin levels from no carbohydrate intake, the excess fats are not being transported to my adipose tissues or around most of the body for that matter other than what is being carried in my bile in the lymphatic system. So like most unused matter it is excreted.

listen i've seen first hand how you look in real life and i'm not in the least bit questioning this diets effectiveness in the muscle/dryness department. but how long do you plan on staying on this diet? i mean if you do compete it's over a year away right? where's the need?

I do not really recommend staying on any sort of "diet" for an extended amount of time. I would not recommend a diet like this for a permanent eating habit per se, unless you get blood work done semi-annually to make sure (if your doing it right) that your cholesterol (LDLs and VLDLs) are in check. I personally do not like the way I react to carbohydrates so I am not sure when I will change this diet. :e5dunno:

KCharger9

KCharger9

Hey braaq ive been reading the website and do you ever eat bacon, mayonnaise, 80/20 ground beef or any of the other high saturated fats on this diet. I guess what im asking is if you want to stay a little leaner on this diet should you cut out the foods like that??

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fair enough braaq. but it would be interesting to see what your bloodwork is just out of curiousity.

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am extremely interested in this, I recently just came off a cut. While cutting carbs out systematicly I noticed an increase in energy even with the Calorie deficit. Now I am bulking back up and have noticed my energy level is "shit" almost as if im running on sheer will power alone.

With the increase in Carbs, I have lost energy and During the day I get Carb Bloat and gas

basically the only thing stopping me from doing this is.... long term safety. How long could you use a diet like this.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey braaq ive been reading the website and do you ever eat bacon, mayonnaise, 80/20 ground beef or any of the other high saturated fats on this diet. I guess what im asking is if you want to stay a little leaner on this diet should you cut out the foods like that??

No, I only eat fresh pork (porkchops, pork ribs, etc), chicken (breasts, thighs, etc) , beef (steaks, ground sirloin, ribs, etc)... whatever is on sale is the meat I eat that week :49:
I also eat whole eggs, take fish oils, natural peanut butter with flax seed, veggies, and I take spoon fulls of vegetable and olive oil as well when I have it. I do not just eat fat for the sake of eating fat. Actually I think that this diet calls for too much saturated fat when I replace most of it with Omega's, monos and polyunsaturated fats.

KCharger9

KCharger9

I was just curious cause even though he says to eat some of these foods i jsut cant bring myself to eat bacon,mayonnaise, 80/20 beef or any of the other things.

Here is a sample of what i think i will be eating on weekdays.

6 whole egg omelete with parmesan cheese and broccoli

8 oz of 90/20 ground beef prolly 4-6 oz of assparagus

8 oz of chicken and 2 tbsp of peanut butter

6 whole egg omelete with parmesan and broccoli

50 grams of whey with 2 tbsp of peanut butter (post workout)

can of tuna with broccoli

Ill try to take as much omega 3s and 6' as i can and for omega 9 ill try and use alot of olive oil.

Let me know if i can change anything im 175 pounds right now.

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Braaq, did you do the carb load the first weekend or does it take longer for your body to adapt?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Braaq, did you do the carb load the first weekend or does it take longer for your body to adapt?

No I didn't, it didn't take me long to adapt. Remember on this diet you eat carbs on the weekend with low fat and lower protein than normal. I know people that said it did take them a while to adapt, whereas that was not the case for me.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so just as an example what would you take in during a sunday or a saturday. How many carbs would be sufficient for someone over 200 lbs

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so just as an example what would you take in during a sunday or a saturday. How many carbs would be sufficient for someone over 200 lbs

Thanks Braaq and I pretty much have the same question as Joe.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so on weekends u have lots of carbs only?
i downloaded it and looking now
very long book

im just gonna start with that sample 3,000 cal one near the end of it

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im on page 46, ill finish it tommorow, very imformative read...... thanks flex

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm on 41, this is awesome Flexy thanks :xyxthumbs:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i cant stand reading it on this laptop..

P

Painispleasure

Im having problems downloading it. It just gives an option to upload something, anyone know why?

Braaq what were your stats when starting the program and stats now? Have any pictures?