• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Another bad decision on UFC fight night – Johnson vs Ray

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
As the co-main event of the UFC fight night Maia-Askren bout, Michael Johnson gave his best performance in dominating Stevie Ray in the first 2 rounds. A -240 favorite, Johnson’s quick hands did a lot of damage on the face of Ray. In the 3rd round the scenario was the same domination of Johnson until Ray had a takedown that looked like Johnson was kind of defenseless. The majority decision was awarded to Ray.
 
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
1,514
Points
63
Johnson has a really bad record at being consistent. I'm not sure about this fight so we will just have to wait and see.
 
M

Maestro

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
227
Points
16
To be honest, this was a really boring fight. Sadly, there wasn't much excitement to be witnesse.
 
O

Olaf

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2019
Messages
122
Points
16
I did not get to watch this fight but I viewed the highlights on youtube. From what I saw, Johnson's game wasn't that bad. Ray, in my opinion was reluctant and looked like he was holding back.
 
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
1,514
Points
63
I feel like Johnson doesn't know where he belongs. He was terrible at Lightweight competitions. He tried to hack it in Featherweight but that didn't work out as he expected, so he decided to go back. I wouldn't bet on any of his bouts, I'm just saying.
 
M

Maestro

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
227
Points
16
I feel like Johnson doesn't know where he belongs. He was terrible at Lightweight competitions. He tried to hack it in Featherweight but that didn't work out as he expected, so he decided to go back. I wouldn't bet on any of his bouts, I'm just saying.

He is unsure about evrything and that is a bad trait as a fighter. I hope he finds his right place in the sport.
 
O

Olaf

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2019
Messages
122
Points
16
They are both average fighters who have had a not so impressive past. They were perfect for each other on this fight.
 
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
1,514
Points
63
I feel like Johnson doesn't know where he belongs. He was terrible at Lightweight competitions. He tried to hack it in Featherweight but that didn't work out as he expected, so he decided to go back. I wouldn't bet on any of his bouts, I'm just saying.

He is unsure about evrything and that is a bad trait as a fighter. I hope he finds his right place in the sport.

I really hope 2020 will be different for Johnson as a fighter. I hope he has figure out where his true place is, and how to remain stable while doing so.
 
Top