• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Australia recognises gay unions

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sydney - Australia's centre-left ruling party on Saturday voted for national recognition of same-sex unions but stopped short of lifting a ban on gay marriage.

The national Labour conference voted to develop a system for the registration and recognition of same-sex relationships, after gay rights advocates failed to gather enough numbers for a resolution to legalise gay marriage.

But frontbencher Anthony Albanese told delegates while it was not his "ideal position", the watered-down resolution was an important reflection of shifting public attitudes.

"History is moving forward on these issues," said Albanese, presenting the motion for vote.

"When I first proposed equality for same-sex couples in superannuation in 1997 that was a controversial issue. Today that is an issue of consensus."

Unstoppable equality

"I believe that the issue of equality for all is something that is unstoppable," he added, prompting wild applause.

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd won the 2007 election on a platform that supported the former conservative government's legal definition of marriage as a union between a man and a woman.

Rudd, who considers himself a moderate Christian, said earlier this week that he "fully respected" the integrity of same-sex relationships but would not change Labour's ban on gay marriage.

His government has moved a raft of legislation to remove same-sex discrimination from almost 100 national laws, in areas such as pensions, tax and employment.

Thousands of people held rallies and demonstrations across the nation as the vote was held, calling on Labour to legalise gay marriage.

Protesters marched through Sydney's central business district to the harbourside conference venue, many in tuxedos and white gowns, to stage a mass "illegal wedding" stunt.

A recent poll suggested up to 60% of Australians supported gay marriage and the statistics bureau in May announced it would count same-sex couples who declared themselves married in the national census.

- SAPA

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LOL, when I saw the headline, I thought,

"Gay Unions? What do they need a union for? Better working conditions?"

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
So we're slightly less retarded now. Good for us! :xyxthumbs:

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
up to 60% of Australians supported gay marriage :uhoh2:

this is good news for skippy :iorofl:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
up to 60% of Australians supported gay marriage :uhoh2:

this is good news for skippy :iorofl:

Fucking homophobe :angrydude:

You know what they say about homophobic people :gaygay:

I know that marriages are regarded as a religious union and thus up to the church to decide, but they aren't. They are the domain of government so they should be able to make it legal whenever they want.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dont mess with those ppl guys, not only they have to deal with the fact of being aussies they are gays, thats having a fucked up luck!!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
one more step in the right direction

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
So we're slightly less retarded now. Good for us! :xyxthumbs:

finally you can end that sick "off the record " relation with Skeptic.

Now you can share the same Kangaroo pounch with pride.

congrats.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
finally you can end that sick "off the record " relation with Skeptic.

Now you can share the same Kangaroo pounch with pride.

congrats.

Sounds like you want to share a bed with Adam with all that homophobic facade.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
LOL, teh tags! :49:

Q

quorom

I recognize Gay Unions....as wrong :no: Just kidding, if you wanna sausage wrestle that's up to you. :2:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Spain did it in 2005, I think.

You can disagree with gay unions, it doesn't mean you are an homophobe. Get over it. In fact, I disagree just because here, in Spain, they can adopt childs and I'm sorry, a little kid should always have a dad and a mom. If you want to call me homophobe, congratulations.

It's almost the same as other thing that annoys me a lot: I'm tired of people who say, in public, "I'm not a racist, I have not problems with black people". Then, his 19-year old daugther arrives at home with a good black guy and the mega-cool daddy tell him: "Don't touch my daughter".

There is too much hypocrisy in this world and I can't stand it.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Spain did it in 2005, I think.
I disagree just because here, in Spain, they can adopt childs and I'm sorry, a little kid should always have a dad and a mom. If you want to call me homophobe, congratulations.

Why must a kid have a dad and a mum? Many kids grow up in a divorced family growing up with just their dad or just their mum and turn out just like everyone else, Similairly some kids that grow up in so called Ideal family with mum and dad turn out suicidal,drug dependant and just plain messed up. why do you believe a kid must always have a dad and mum? Do you honestly think a dad and a dad or a mum and a mum would make any difference to the childs upbringing? Sure the kid could rebel against his parents and become a homophobe but then thats no different to most kids who grow up with a mum and a dad.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
msvf1 said:
You can disagree with gay unions, it doesn't mean you are an homophobe. Get over it.

Sorry but you have to have some reasoning to go with this. I can't see how you can be against a loving couple being joined in marriage without having something against gay people. They have as much right as anyone to have their relationship acknowledged in law.

I have no problem with the church being against gay unions, as it is their call and there are clear passages in most religious texts condemning gay union. But in Australia marriages are actually now regulated by the office of the Governor General and as such are no longer the religious ceremony they once were. So a civil marriage would be perfectly fine.

I actually agree with your point about kids though. I also think that kids need a mother and father. We are quickly reaching a point in our society were a child can reach adulthood without having a strong paternal influence of any sort. There have been some studies (not sure of their strength as studies) that have shown that this is terrible for the kids development into adults.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
But in Australia marriages are actually now regulated by the office of the Governor General and as such are no longer the religious ceremony they once were. So a civil marriage would be perfectly fine.
which is why the government shouldn't be involved in marriages at all. it would avoid many problems.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
I actually agree with your point about kids though. I also think that kids need a mother and father. We are quickly reaching a point in our society were a child can reach adulthood without having a strong paternal influence of any sort. There have been some studies (not sure of their strength as studies) that have shown that this is terrible for the kids development into adults.
A strong paternal figure can be just as detrimental as no paternal figure. (michael jackson had a strong paternal figure look how he developed) . Also consider multi children families how they can grow up in the same home with the same upbringing and develop very differently. Id take your study like a grain of salt on a traditionalists beach.Wouldnt you agree, how a child develops is more upto the child and the parenting of the parents then the gender of their parents?There is no magic formula of paternal+maternal= great kid. In todays society a child is just as likely to thrive off one parent over the other as it would be to rebel against both parents.
lets compile a few child needs. love, education, friends, guidance,moral conditioning, food, water, air. cross off the basics and leave love,education guidance and moral conditioning. If anything a homosexual couple would be better at expressing love to their child then a heavy paternal figure or even some maternal figures as they are geniunley more intouch emotionally then hetrosexuals. Just as equal as a hetro for education and guidance and probably better at giving moral guidance as it will like teach the child to live without discrimination. :bullwhip:

Talk with me timmy, i usually like your moral compass but i dont get you here have you been going to ze church? If a person is born gay do they lose thier natural instict to parent?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
which is why the government shouldn't be involved in marriages at all. it would avoid many problems.

I don't think you understand why the government stepped in to regulate. Suffice to say you are wrong that the govt shouldn't be involved. Identity fraud alone was a huge issue, let alone the record keeping and accountability.
Pickle said:
A strong paternal figure can be just as detrimental as no paternal figure. (michael jackson had a strong paternal figure look how he developed) . Also consider multi children families how they can grow up in the same home with the same upbringing and develop very differently. Id take your study like a grain of salt on a traditionalists beach.Wouldnt you agree, how a child develops is more upto the child and the parenting of the parents then the gender of their parents?There is no magic formula of paternal+maternal= great kid. In todays society a child is just as likely to thrive off one parent over the other as it would be to rebel against both parents.
lets compile a few child needs. love, education, friends, guidance,moral conditioning, food, water, air. cross off the basics and leave love,education guidance and moral conditioning. If anything a homosexual couple would be better at expressing love to their child then a heavy paternal figure or even some maternal figures as they are geniunley more intouch emotionally then hetrosexuals. Just as equal as a hetro for education and guidance and probably better at giving moral guidance as it will like teach the child to live without discrimination.

Talk with me timmy, i usually like your moral compass but i dont get you here have you been going to ze church? If a person is born gay do they lose thier natural instict to parent?
I'm not saying that a single parent can't do the job well. I'm not saying that same-sex couples can't do a good job.

What I am saying is that a child in this society can grow up without any paternal figures in their lives. There are virtually no male primary school teachers anymore (the numbers are dropping all the time), the same trend is starting in high school. So it is conceivable to have a child go through without any understanding of what it is to be male, or have the father figure.

This is concerning and is why I'm not a fan of kids being raised without both sex of parents. But of course this is the idealised way of raising a kid. The other factors come first as the list you made are going to shape the child far more.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry but you have to have some reasoning to go with this. I can't see how you can be against a loving couple being joined in marriage without having something against gay people. They have as much right as anyone to have their relationship acknowledged in law.

Where did I say that? I don't mind if a guy loves another guy. I'm agaist to call it "marriage", just because it allows them to adopt childs and blah blah blah.

I'm glad, we agree. :thumbsup2:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Where did I say that? I don't mind if a guy loves another guy. I'm agaist to call it "marriage", just because it allows them to adopt childs and blah blah blah.

That isn't a justification. In fact the last statement is homophobic.

What is wrong with a loving couple being married? What is wrong with a loving couple having kids? Or do you think that gays can't raise kids now? Because that is what your last sentence says.