• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ben White benching 505 for 9 reps !

• Thread starter Daniel Andersson
  • Start date
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Like ronnie would've said ...light weight:49:

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bloody hell. That's some strength there!

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Holy crap! Who says bodybuilders are not as strong as they look. Doesn't he want a lift off against JOJ?

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronnie would have done it with out a bench shirt. :2:

X

Xeonen

ROnnie benched 495pounds for 8 reps so i think he wouldnt be able to do 505 for 9:uhoh2:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ROnnie benched 495pounds for 8 reps so i think he wouldnt be able to do 505 for 9:uhoh2:

but ronnies form was crap, ben went all the way up and down, ronnie went up maybe 4 inches from his chest:food-snacking: if ronnie was gonna do 505 with bens form i doubt he would get more than 2-3.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
but ronnies form was crap, ben went all the way up and down, ronnie went up maybe 4 inches from his chest:food-snacking: if ronnie was gonna do 505 with bens form i doubt he would get more than 2-3.

Ben still used a shirt.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ben still used a shirt.

true true, i kinda forgot about that:tiphat:

but still, limiting the range of motion as much as ronnie does must really take away from ones benching.

i just watched dennis wolfs DVD the beginning. and he also did it like ronnie, just benching in the bottom range. is there anything to gain from doing ones chest presses like this? ive always believed in a full range of motion, but dennis chest is fucking great, so it seems to work for him, i know that doesent make it correct, but still im just curious as to whether there is any advantages to doing it that way.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
true true, i kinda forgot about that:tiphat:

but still, limiting the range of motion as much as ronnie does must really take away from ones benching.

i just watched dennis wolfs DVD the beginning. and he also did it like ronnie, just benching in the bottom range. is there anything to gain from doing ones chest presses like this? ive always believed in a full range of motion, but dennis chest is fucking great, so it seems to work for him, i know that doesent make it correct, but still im just curious as to whether there is any advantages to doing it that way.

Non-lockouts are harder than lockouts. Give it a try sometime and I think you'll agree with me. :)

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Ben is benching 645 and 675

160lb DB x 9

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
And just for the fun of it :D

12 reps on 200lbs with mr Coleman

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Im looking for it right now :)

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't know if he ever tried.
Have you a video or pic of Ben doing it?

yeah i wanna c that too before i believe it, i dont care how many fast twich fibers he has, 505 for 9 with a shirt still doesent equate to 711 raw in my mind.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i love how right when ronnie lies back with the weights the music playing in the backround goes "got damn".... he's a legend

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
No I cant find it right now...It was on a competition anyway..I dont know if it was with or without shirt..but I remember him saying in a interview with MD that he can do 711lbs raw

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No I cant find it right now...It was on a competition anyway..I dont know if it was with or without shirt..but I remember him saying in a interview with MD that he can do 711lbs raw

Ben has said a lot of things and one of the things is that he can out-squat JOJ even though Ben do not squat.
Ben is an entertaining guy but I wouldn't believe everything he says.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Ben has said a lot of things and one of the things is that he can out-squat JOJ even though Ben do not squat.
Ben is an entertaining guy but I wouldn't believe everything he says.

I know, thats why I posted "evidence"
I've seen the 711lbs bench on youtube also